Jeff_Black
    Jeff_Black's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5068

Quote Originally Posted by nuxx?? View Post
    I had +5.5 and he foleded like a bitch in 2nd set. I told myself i won't ever put money on him after Losing to Paul in AO, sigh.
    Dimitrov has been one of my players to keep an eye on this year, I think he gave it an okay crack, had multiple breaks against Nadal and more chances but when Nadal wants to win, he wins. He was too good this time around.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Any plays from Kazakstan or South Africa Jeff?

I see my boy Brown got a win today.Hopefully he is finding some form.Could be a good play next match.

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post

I see my boy Brown got a win today.Hopefully he is finding some form.Could be a good play next match.
    Really liking Durasovic. Wish I didn't wait as it was +126 and got it at +110.

BOL. Haase seems like a good bet under -200. Would think he'd be higher.

Done with Challenger. The officiating with no replay is horrible. Tons of aces on break points where Durasovic got screwed. Hate when I flip last minute.
    Last edited by flabrah5; 03-11-20 at 01:32 AM.

Jeff_Black

I swear I read somewhere Haase retired from tennis after playing in his home tournament in a Challenger and winning it, but he seems to be going on and an okay doubles player with his serve.

Jeff_Black

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    I know a lot of people like do dabble in a bit of everything but I've tried to stick to mens singles tennis on the ATP Tour.

That said I haven't minded the lineup for the Phoenix Challenger and will look into that and see if it's worth playing. I believe it is a new tournament which means less data but we'll see.

If these government reactions continue the way they have for Indian Wells then it may not even be worth betting on tennis for the rest of 2020. Not because the players themselves are scared of catching something and you don't know what their motivation but because the rhythm of the tour will surely affect them because some of them haven't played a lot of matches are or going big breaks between them.

The players shouldn't be too phased about their health because there will be proper measures taken on restrictions on fan and ball ball interaction as well as probable media restrictions. Most of them don't have the health issues that can affect them if they come into contact with someone who has the virus. The Tennis clubs are still let the players use their facilities and the such and I've read players like Nadal and Pliskova have already gone back to Europe to prepare for European clay.

So it will be interesting to see whether Miami will follow suit.

Maybe in areas where it is worse like Italy for example they will almost have to consider playing in empty venues and take the hit with prize money that comes with it. You just can't cancel a season from what I can see.

Jeff_Black

^ If anyone has more to contribute and add to the discussion, please do. Any bits of information are much appreciated.

flabrah5
    flabrah5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2476

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Black View Post
    ^ If anyone has more to contribute and add to the discussion, please do. Any bits of information are much appreciated.
    I am going to find it very tough. So much break time in between matches will throw my thinking off alot. Might have to stick to the 500s/1ks + Slams as we can assume all effort is being given. That being said, I'm more cautious with players like Kyrgios who will mentally check out if he's not feeling good or thinks it'll risk his health.

Dogs are most likely going to be the best way to approach things. Could see players getting pumped to know the Big 3 might coast to grab Slams since that's all they want.

Jeff_Black

Some players are already hinting it could be longer then the initial 6 week hiatus.

But if you look at the actual data in Europe where the next swing of tournaments is outside of Italy, the total deaths and amount of cases is no where near as bad. These are also countries with populations of 40-60 million people.
    10 deaths in all of europe outside of Italy and 9 of those are in Spain and France.
    All it would probably take is one player catching it or doing something idiotic like Rudy Gobert did to create another chain reaction.

It'll be interesting to see how many cases there are while these sports hiatus' are going on. If there is a steep decline in the amount of new cases then you could almost argue it would make sense and be logical to allow the seasons to resume with of course proper hygiene precautions taking place.

It's not logical to shut down the rest of these seasons until it dies down, just because the government and media want you to think things are worse then what they actually are.

Conqueror
    Conqueror's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5700

Comments:

1) No one has died from the singular effects of the virus. The casualties have come from complications. Corona virus now bears the blame for the death of anyone infected by it no matter the actual cause of death.

2) The virus only lives for 5 weeks in the body of a healthy person.

3) There are indications pointing toward the resumption of a number of major sporting activities by early May.

Jeff_Black

Early May would be amazing. As of now...
    Personally feeling at least start of June but we'll see.

Some are suggesting upto 6 months but for some sports that may not be feasible. I'm not sure if I am going to go back to betting on tennis (in 2020) even after with the disruption that has happened but we'll see how things pan out, I probably will because i'll miss following the sport itself! but the calendar is going to be out of whack for sure.

If I don't check in from time to time it's probably because I'm just doing my own thing with work and study so I hope guys like yourself and everyone else who checks in on this thread as well as posts in the tennis thread who engages in constructive discussion takes care of themselves in the mean time.

I have a ridiculously good immune system where I only really get briefly sick for a few days during flu season (usually when it comes to winter) so hopefully by then for us here it's died down by then.
    But I know not everyone is like that hence my earlier comment.

Conqueror

All the best!

Jeff_Black

There are plenty of things to feel positive about with the tennis season rebooting after being shut down since March. I have no problem with players opting out because they don't feel safe but for the love of god don't tell other players what to do in regards to their decisions, it is borderline moronic to do so.

It is good to see the Australian Open have been pretty much been preparing since the 2020 tournament concluded to make sure the players have a tournament to come to, and a safe one at that. It's the least they can do with all the revenue they make.

It seems like there was a long period where we had no idea when the season would resume (being one of the hardest to do so) but I feel if these tournaments lead the way for 'the bubble' others will follow suit and we'll get as close as possible to a normal season underway in 2021.
    Last edited by Jeff_Black; 08-26-20 at 03:09 AM.

Jeff_Black

ATP Cincinnati Masters 1000, Mens Singles, QF
    Daniil Medvedev vs Roberto Bautista Agut
    Handicap: Daniil Medvedev -3, 1.909 on Pinnacle
    Stake: 2u play

Sat back and followed the guys for a few days to see who was taking it seriously and who wasn't. Like the look of Medvedev so far being defending champion. Hasn't missed a beat since. Played some of his best tennis 12 months ago in the US so I expect to see him continue that as well.

Conqueror

Bol jb!

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Tough loss. Medvedev was up set and a break but ran out of steam. The guy needs to be a little more aggressive sometimes but he is young and will figure it out. He’s a great tennis player.

I was on agut ML but I got lucky. I’m going to try struff 1st set ml. And try to live bet game 1 or game 2 struff break. Glad tennis is back.

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Thoughts on opelka today ?

Jeff_Black

Was tempted but left it, looks like it didn’t matter anyway

Jeff_Black

ATP Cincinnati Masters 1000, Mens Singles, SF
    Novak Djokovic vs Roberto Bautista Agut
    Total Games: Under 20.5 Games, 2.00 on Pinnacle

ATP Cincinnati Masters 1000, Mens Singles, SF
    Stefanos Tsitsipas vs Milos Raonic
    Moneyline: Milos Raonic, 2.58 on Pinnacle

Some interesting matchups for the SF. I think Djokovic gets the job done. One would think the odds would be a bit more respectable to Bautista considering he has won some good hard court matches against Djokovic on hardcourt but I think Djokovic's form is more then adequate to win this match. Even though the US Open is on the 31st, and the Final is being played on a Saturday there will still be some rest, and I am not entirely buying the notion that Djokovic will check out early with the already big enough break the players have had. His return game is solid and he still looks pretty fresh even though he's played the one less game.
    Plus he will be making up for lost time to collect as many points as possible to hold onto his #1 ranking for as long as possible.

I like Tsitsipas but I think Raonic has played well enough in my opinion to deem the value on odds set for him in this match up to be good enough to be worth a wager on. He hung in well to beat Krajinovic who has been in really good form this tournament and did a good job winning points on serve. Considering tiebreaks could decide these sets I give Raonic the slight advantage there as well.

Jeff_Black

US Open 2000, Mens Singles, R1
    Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Denis Novak
    Handicap: Denis Novak -4.5, 1.99 on Pinnacle

Jack Sock vs Pablo Cuevas
    Moneyline: Pablo Cuevas, 2.38 on Pinnacle
    Stake: 1u play

Peter Gojowyczk vs Hubert Hurkacz
    Total Games: Under 34.5 Games, 1.97 on Pinnacle

Adrian Mannarino vs Lorenzo Sonego
    Moneyline: Lorenzo Sonego, 2.20 on Pinnacle

Pablo Andujar vs Borna Coric
    Total Games: Over 32 Games, 1.892 on Pinnacle

Diego Sebastian Schwartzman vs Cameron Norrie
    Moneyline: Cameron Norrie, 3.35 on Pinnacle

Paolo Lorenzi vs Brandon Nakashima
    Moneyline: Paolo Lorenzi, 4.86 on Pinnacle

Jeff_Black

Kyle Edmund vs Alexander Bublik
    Moneyline: Alexander Bublik, 3.49 on Pinnacle

Jeff_Black

US Open 2000, Mens Singles, QF
    Denis Shapovalov vs Pablo Carreno Busta
    Handicap: Denis Shapovalov -3.5, 1.943 on Pinnacle
    Stake: 3u play

Jeff_Black

US Open 2000, Womens Singles
    Futures/Outrights
    To Win The Tournament
    Jennifer Brady @ 10.00 (Sportsbet)
    Elise Mertens @ 11.00 (Sportsbet)
    Tsetsvana Pironkova @ 41.00 (Sportsbet)
    Stake: 2u, 2u and 1u play

Market here: https://www.sportsbet.com.au/betting...ladies-us-open

Probably best to shop around and find the best outright odds for futures. The draw is as wide and open as I can remember. Taking a few stabs here, but I'm most confident in Jennifer Brady myself. See how it goes.

Jeff_Black

Feels weird to luck out in a 6-0 set and win by the hook when it comes to handicap betting but in the cruel world of tennis betting where you can lose the most un-losable wagers you take every lucky win you can get.

Alex De Minaur vs Dominic Thiem
    Set Handicap: Dominic Thiem -2.5 Sets, 2.27 on Pinnacle

Daniil Medvedev vs Andrey Rublev
    Handicap: Daniil Medvedev -5.5, 1.952 on Pinnacle

Jeff_Black

I will likely put some wagers on Kitsbuhel in Austria, it has a decent draw there too, but I'm gonna wait another day to see how these matches pan out. Pella looked impressive and looks like one that could go far, seems to like this surface.

Jeff_Black

US Open 2000, Mens Singles, Final
    Dominic Thiem vs Alexander Zverev
    Handicap: Alexander Zverev +5.5, 1.99 on Pinnacle

ATP Kitzbuhel 250, Mens Singles, Final
    Miomir Kecmanovic vs Yannick Hanfmann
    Moneyline: Miomir Kecmanovic, 1.917 on Pinnacle

Maizey
    Maizey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9904

Well done JB, they don't get much easier than those two.

Jeff_Black

Thanks, I had been following Austria all week, and it's interesting that Kecmanovic said after his win that the M.P. he had last year in Antlaya on grass stuck with him and he didn't want to let a title slip away so I felt he was ready to win this one, even though it was on clay but a slightly faster clay. I think also Laslo Djere was a bit unlucky not to win their SF clash.
    With Sascha, I learnt my lesson in Australia. Always value in a Final, but the safer was probably to take the points. After Djokovic lost, I felt pretty confident that if Thiem could beat Meddy, then he would beat anyone, so I was surprised to see him win that in three, yet this one in five after 0-2 down.

ATP Rome Masters 1000, Mens Singles, R1
    Dominik Koepfer vs Alex De Minaur
    Moneyline: Dominik Koepfer, 3.28 on Pinnacle

Alejandro Davidovich Fokina vs Dusan Lajovic
    Moneyline: Dusan Lajovic, 3.24 on Pinnacle

Guido Pella vs Denis Shapovalov
    Moneyline: Guido Pella, 1.925 on Pinnacle

Jeff_Black

ATP Rome Masters 1000, Men’s Singles, R16
    Casper Ruud vs Marin Cilic
    Money line: Marin Cilic, 2.25 on Pinnacle

Diego Sebastien Schwartzman vs Hubert Hurkacz
    Money line: Hubert Hurkacz, 2.65 on Pinnacle

Lorenzo Musetti vs Dominik Koepfer
    Money line: Dirk Koepfer, 3.26 on Pinnacle

gorwin068
    Tennis fan and bettor
    gorwin068's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4609

any today?

Jeff_Black

I'm not too keen on the Men's Rome Final. A Handicap of 5 seems pretty disrespectful to Diego considering what he has done on here and to Djokovic in the past on clay, so i'll pass and just enjoy watching the Final. Djokovic will be hells motivated to pile up ranking points to hold onto that #1 spot for as long as possible and he becomes outright leader for Masters 1000 Series titles and when he's motivated, he wins.

I only like one play for Hamburg tonight:

ATP Hamburg 500, Mens Singles, R1
    Tommy Paul vs Kevin Anderson
    Moneyline: Kevin Anderson, 2.71 on Pinnacle

Jeff_Black

A few light French Open Qualifiers as well for the night.

French Open 2000, Mens Singles, Qualifiers
    Steven Diez vs Illya Ivashka
    Moneyline: Steven Diez, 2.03 on Pinnacle

French Open 2000, Mens Singles, Qualifiers
    Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Kimmer Coppejans
    Moneyine: Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, 2.06 on Pinnacle

kostasblues
    kostasblues's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168

Have you bet any futures yet, friend?

Jeff_Black

The time was before the draw was out. Djok was third favourite and when Thiem was on the same side as Nadal their odds basically flipped.

ATP Hamburg 500, Mens Singles, Final
    Andrey Rublev vs Stefanos Tsitsipas
    Moneyline: Stefanos Tsitsipas, 2.09 on Pinnacle
    Stake: 3u play

Jeff_Black

French Open 2000, Mens Singles, R1
    David Goffin vs Janik Sinner
    Moneyline: David Goffin, 1.952 on Pinnacle

French Open 2000, Mens Singles, R1