icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6518

Its 2019 - what agents or Betfair clones offer back/lay option for horse betting?

I miss Betfair horses. I often split my horse bets by backing some and laying (bet against) others. I only bet American tracks.

Are there any Betfair clones that offer back/lay on US tracks with decent liquidity? I'd actually prefer a broker that accepts bitcoin.

Any help would be appreciated.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

ac88 has 9wickets and orbitx...I use both. For USA tracks ORBITX is better as they 9wickets has low liquidity at times and will not accept wagers...The Obitx platform is not as good as 9wickets esp the mobil product But its OK on desktop....9wickets matches bets faster seems orbitx spins a second or 2 which really makes live horse wagers no doable...I suggest use both as I have them both up much of the time.....Fast payouts too by AC88 normally around 15 mins via btc 24/7

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

those 2 are the ones I use also. I think there is another company called turf7. Not sure they offer in play. They are available with premium tradings and bet-ibc

icon

Thanks Kona & Spec!

I was a little out of the loop. Turns out I already have an acct at AC88 and just today created a new Orbit login to check them out. You're right about Orbit vs Wickets regarding US horses. Wickets had ZERO available at Penn National, Charlestown and Turfway whereas Orbit had all the action.

I think I prefer the Orbit layout compared to the others. Anyway I'll send some bitcoin tomorrow and give them a shot.

Thanks again.

littlekona

Have to keep an eye though on wagers as many times dead heats grade as losers and adjustments not credited when a late scratch occurs...you have to email AC88 and prove it which kinda sucks....I can’t imagine the betfair site doing that
    Points Awarded:

icon gave littlekona 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

littlekona

Obitx live though is impossible....I like to lay big chalks live when they start drifting...so I will have say a 1.8 fav all cued up at 4.0 in live lay and as soon as he starts drifting to like 3.0 I hit send.....then you get the orbitx. Spin spin for few seconds sometimes accepts other times not....very frustrating

icon

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Obitx live though is impossible....I like to lay big chalks live when they start drifting...so I will have say a 1.8 fav all cued up at 4.0 in live lay and as soon as he starts drifting to like 3.0 I hit send.....then you get the orbitx. Spin spin for few seconds sometimes accepts other times not....very frustrating
    Well the problem for me is that 9wickets has zero liquidity on US horses. ZERO.

As I type this its 13 mins to post time for the 3rd at Aqueduct and Orbit has over 1800 Euros matched and offers available on every horse while Wickets has 0.

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    Well the problem for me is that 9wickets has zero liquidity on US horses. ZERO.

As I type this its 13 mins to post time for the 3rd at Aqueduct and Orbit has over 1800 Euros matched and offers available on every horse while Wickets has 0.
    I’m on wickets now and USA is fine just have to wait close to post times acquduct Tampa hawathorne all ok but will switch to orbit for tonights

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I’m on wickets now and USA is fine just have to wait close to post times acquduct Tampa hawathorne all ok but will switch to orbit for tonights
    Are wickets and orbit just not sharing liquidity with BF? So whatever is available on BF should be on those two? It looks to me that a bet placed on wickets may be matched by a counterparty on BF. Is that not right?

ping-pong-pop
    ping-pong-pop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Are wickets and orbit just not sharing liquidity with BF? So whatever is available on BF should be on those two? It looks to me that a bet placed on wickets may be matched by a counterparty on BF. Is that not right?
    That's my understanding, yes.

littlekona

I'm stuck on 9wickets tonight since the upline is gone to sleep and can not transfer in or out of orbiitx or 9wickets til morning. Unreal that ncaab ML's have no liquidity and will not let you wager at 9wickets

horses though meadowlands will be the problem on 9wickets.......
    Last edited by littlekona; 03-22-19 at 06:17 PM.

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8546

littlekona, thank you for all the info you provide- it's extremely helpful.
    The agent we're referring to here is the only one we can join anon/btc. You haven't by chance found any other?

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by acquavallo View Post
    The agent we're referring to here is the only one we can join anon/btc. You haven't by chance found any other?
    AC88 is only agent I have ever used...I love the basically instant btc withdrawls plus SBR mods like optional have means to contact AC88 management if issues arise.
    maybe @the speculater or others can chime in as I know there are other agents discussed on sbr

acquavallo
    acquavallo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8546

Thank you.

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I'm laying horses too. I was using an original Betfair account but Betfair accounts are trouble always. Everytime I use BF via an agent, it doesn't last more then 1 year. Recently, I'm using 9Wickets and Orbit too. If you're betting live soccer, Orbit is horrible. For live wagering, 9Wickets is better but there's no u/o markets! It's a terrible thing.

Didn't had any trouble when laying horses in Orbit though. Also sometimes 9Wickets can suspend accounts sometimes and they investigate your account for few weeks. I think Orbit is more reliable. 9Wickets does not take your whole bet, they take a % risk on your every bet. Place a 100€ wager with 2,00 odds and you won't see 100€ stake on board. So if you win 100, they lose 20-30. Something to keep in mind.

I like laying horses. Horse Racing is the king of sports in my opinion. All bets settle in few minutes. No need to wait 2-3 hours like other sports.
    Points Awarded:

littlekona gave Sawyer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

icon

Quote Originally Posted by acquavallo View Post
    The other one I've used is

easysportbet.co.uk

They use betkeen to access Betfair markets and don't require a large deposit. Min deposit is 10 Euro.

https://betkeen.easysportbet.co.uk/Account/LogIn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome%2fbetfair

littlekona

The other one I've used is

easysportbet.co.uk

They use betkeen to access Betfair markets and don't require a large deposit. Min deposit is 10 Euro.

https://betkeen.easysportbet.co.uk/Account/LogIn?ReturnUrl=%2fHome%2fbetfair

usa ok? If yes how are withdrawl times?

icon

usa ok? If yes how are withdrawl times?
    I'm not sure if USA is accepted. I have only deposited once and lost it all so I can't comment on payouts yet.

They do accept bitcoin for deposits and withdrawals.

thespeculator

AC88 is only agent I have ever used...I love the basically instant btc withdrawls plus SBR mods like optional have means to contact AC88 management if issues arise.
    maybe @the speculater or others can chime in as I know there are other agents discussed on sbr
    what kind of bank roll to you need to lay horses. One thing i stay away from is Irish racing. Back when i had Betfair got killed on more than a few 500 to come to win. I didn't lay 500, but should have hedged

icon

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    what kind of bank roll to you need to lay horses. One thing i stay away from is Irish racing. Back when i had Betfair got killed on more than a few 500 to come to win. I didn't lay 500, but should have hedged
    I keep a 200 Euro roll for horses. I basically look to lay up to 6-1 (to win 20 -50 Euros per race) on British, South African and US horses. Laying horses reminds me of that tv game show called Press Your Luck (no whammies!).

I was on a 6 race win streak this morning then layed a 3-1 shot for 50 Euros and it wiped out my profit for the day when it won.
    Points Awarded:

littlekona gave icon 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

thespeculator

I keep a 200 Euro roll for horses. I basically look to lay up to 6-1 (to win 20 -50 Euros per race) on British, South African and US horses. Laying horses reminds me of that tv game show called Press Your Luck (no whammies!).

I was on a 6 race win streak this morning then layed a 3-1 shot for 50 Euros and it wiped out my profit for the day when it won.
    yes , i have taken 400 euros up to 7000, but one mistake takes it all away

littlekona

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    yes , i have taken 400 euros up to 7000, but one mistake takes it all away
    Haha I know the feeling....so sick the feeling when you lay one and crap happens like fallers, bad breaks or bad trips by other horses...you know ure doomed

thespeculator

Haha I know the feeling....so sick the feeling when you lay one and crap happens like fallers, bad breaks or bad trips by other horses...you know ure doomed
    the flat season start next week. Lets give it another go

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

A bit off topic but have any of you guys tried this? https://www.colossusbets.com/pools/list/racing

fixed 500-1 odds for a pick 4, even with the 4 faves, seems too good to be true. what am I missing?

icon

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A bit off topic but have any of you guys tried this? https://www.colossusbets.com/pools/list/racing

fixed 500-1 odds for a pick 4, even with the 4 faves, seems too good to be true. what am I missing?
    I don't see any US racing on the page so they would not be of any use to me. I lay horses on Betfair clones but also like betting the gimmicks like Superfectas and pick 4's at the Big US tracks. If Colossus offered US betting I'd be interested.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

Your Location1.5 You must not Bet with Colossus Bets if you are resident in the United States of America and such other territories as we deem "prohibited territories" from time to time.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave trytrytry 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

icon

Amazing liquidity on GB Horse racing.

I took this screenshot with 1 minute to post. 1.25 million Euro matched and still rising with live betting.

Final 1.8 million Euro matched in one race.

icon

Since Orbit is not allowing "lay" bets on horses I returned to using "Betkeen" (easysportbet). No US customers, various e-wallets for depositing/withdrawing.