1. #1
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    oddsmaker, we shall see

    So I was up over $1000 buying bitcoins on a dip. I then get an email in July offering a 100% bonus on my decade-old oddsmaker account. I checked and there was still $500 in their "Free Money" where on a $30 bet, they only deduct $29 giving over a 3% deduction on the vig. I was following some amazing bettors in MLB and I quickly put $16,000 at risk and requested a $2000 withdrawal, their maximum. I was told my SUMMER2018 bonus was my $1000+their $1000 had a 30X rollover or $60,000.

    I started logging my money at risk on July 27 of $5000, then each day almost my full total until Aug 2 @ $8,200. for a total of over $76,000. Why not? I was winning. So August 4 I requested my $2000 with some fee. For a while, I felt good until I logged in here and saw the F rating.

    Color me stupid. I am a good picker but a bad bettor. I put money into bookmaker and other A-rated 'books. I faded these bets at oddsmaker. All that did on my losing Phillies $950--->$500 @ bookmaker but won more maybe useless credits $950 @ oddsmaker for a total of $18,488.
    If I ever get paid, I will post here. At least my $1000+their $500 bookmaker account is now $6,049. I always put any gaming winning on my Form 1040 as I am on an IRS watch list so I use real money instead of units. I will be funding more A rated 'books soon because some football props are almost like free money but a risk limit of $100.


  2. #2
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 38,554
    Betpoints: 10305

    Ugh. Not much worse than the feeling of realizing you have bet good money against bad.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2019

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/18/2019

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #3
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    At least today's plays @ bookmaker were 7-1-1 in a round robin of $10x56. Big day for me bookmaker up 50% today. I almost have the $10,000 I wanted to start NFL.
    In a way, the oddsmaker call was good in this manner; I never bet MLB because I simply cannot win at it and thought it could not be done. But there are these players in a picking contest I follow that were 5-2 last week. I would still have only my seed money of $2500. Because oddsmaker called it a MLB bonus, I looked at baseball for the first time in years. Trying to find the silver lining. Maybe I will get that first $2000 check and get my first $1000 back.

    I wonder if I get the balance over $20,000 if they will negotiate a one-time payment of $10,000 as payment in full?

    ROUND ROBIN (56P-5T)

    win $2,304.89
    total $9,911.77

    • Risk: 560.00 - Win: 5,175.56WIN
    • MLB - [914] Toronto Blue Jays -138( ACTION )WIN
      Score: Baltimore Orioles(2) - Toronto Blue Jays(8)
      Game start 08/21/2018 06:15 PM
    • MLB - [916] Boston Red Sox -158( ACTION )LOSE
      Score: Cleveland Indians(6) - Boston Red Sox(3)
      Game start 08/21/2018 06:20 PM
    • MLB - [905] TOTAL o8-113 (San Francisco Giants vrs New York Mets)( C Stratton - R / S Matz - L )WIN
      Score: San Francisco Giants(3) - New York Mets(6)
      Game start 08/21/2018 06:20 PM
    • MLB - [901] Atlanta Braves -116( ACTION )WIN
      Score: Atlanta Braves(6) - Pittsburgh Pirates(1)
      Game start 08/21/2018 07:00 PM
    • MLB - [915] TOTAL o9-115 (Cleveland Indians vrs Boston Red Sox)( S Bieber - R / N Eovaldi - R )PUSH
      Score: Cleveland Indians(6) - Boston Red Sox(3)
      Game start 08/21/2018 06:20 PM
    • MLB - [912] TOTAL u8Ĺ-110 (Saint Louis Cardinals vrs Los Angeles Dodgers)( D Poncedeleon - R / H Ryu - LWIN
      Score: Saint Louis Cardinals(5) - Los Angeles Dodgers(2)
      Game start 08/21/2018 09:20 PM
    • MLB - Pitching Change at 5:23 pm pdt - Seattle Mariners - N Vincent - R for M Leake - R [923] Houston Astros ML-150( ACTION )WIN
      Score: Houston Astros(3) - Seattle Mariners(2)
      Game start 08/21/2018 09:10 PM
    • MLB - [919] Minnesota Twins -111( ACTION )WIN
      Score: Minnesota Twins(5) - Chicago White Sox(2)
      Game start 08/21/2018 07:20 PM

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

  4. #4
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Hell freezes over; I got a check for $1945

    Hell freezes over, I got MY check for $1945.00

    If I ever get my MS Paint working on this computer, I will post an image of the check with my details removed. It is for deposit only so who knows how long the bank will put a hold on it.

    It is drawn on JPMorgan Chase NY, NY

  5. #5
    ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-11-08
    Posts: 4,124

    Interesting that you even received a check, but chances are it wont clear, assuming its even a real check, drawn on a real account. The fact that its drawn on a bank like morgan chase makes it even more suspicious imo.

  6. #6
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    I deposited the check on
    09/11/2018 DEPOSIT $1,945.00
    I asked for a $2000 debit card today. In case anyone is in my boat, in the withdrawal enter PIN, you must hand enter and not copy and paste. I am not going to not use the money for 45 days.

  7. #7
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 38,554
    Betpoints: 10305

    Thanks for updating the thread Ken.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/15/2019

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/18/2019

    SBR
    Forum
    Mod
    Squad

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #8
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    I got a debit card with $2000 but it is in Pounds Sterling. It took a while to get the pin because they use the day/month/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy I am used to; just had to listen.

    I got it registered and tried it on Amazon. I just had to pay in ₤.$4000 down, $16,000 to go.

    The check is cleared two months now and never returned.

    I just asked for a new $2000 check.
    Last edited by SsgKen; 11-29-18 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added check

  9. #9
    Crusherrr
    Update your status
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-16
    Posts: 1,377
    Betpoints: 2500

    Quote Originally Posted by SsgKen View Post
    I got a debit card with $2000 but it is in Pounds Sterling. It took a while to get the pin because they use the day/month/yyyy instead of mm/dd/yyyy I am used to; just had to listen.

    I got it registered and tried it on Amazon. I just had to pay in ₤.$4000 down, $16,000 to go.

    The check is cleared two months now and never returned.

    I just asked for a new $2000 check.
    Sounds like a major hassle and extremely sketchy but the fact that you have received SOMETHING is encouraging. Are you continuing to bet as normal there?
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/18/2019


  10. #10
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    They cut me down to a $50 limit. That was very stupid of them as I lately was in a big losing streak and I am sure I would have lost it all if I could have played much.

    No limit in the casino.

    Bet as normal? No. I make a few $50 bets so it does not look like I am just getting my winnings.

    I do not endorse this 'book. Just trying to collect. It may take 8 months, but it is looking better.

  11. #11
    Crusherrr
    Update your status
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-27-16
    Posts: 1,377
    Betpoints: 2500

    Quote Originally Posted by SsgKen View Post
    They cut me down to a $50 limit. That was very stupid of them as I lately was in a big losing streak and I am sure I would have lost it all if I could have played much.

    No limit in the casino.

    Bet as normal? No. I make a few $50 bets so it does not look like I am just getting my winnings.

    I do not endorse this 'book. Just trying to collect. It may take 8 months, but it is looking better.
    Gotcha. Smart to always keep betting, even if it's $50 here and there. Certainly hope you get paid every cent.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 04/18/2019


  12. #12
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Gotcha. Smart to always keep betting, even if it's $50 here and there. Certainly hope you get paid every cent.
    Thank you.

  13. #13
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Quote Originally Posted by SsgKen View Post
    The check is cleared two months now and never returned.I just asked for a new $2000 check.
    That check arrived quite quickly at, but a new check was debited from my account but has not arrived.
    12/07/2018 DEPOSIT $1,945.00
    we shall see; current balance 12,534

  14. #14
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 3,742
    Betpoints: 1406

    I have received and successfully deposited two different checks from them for $1,945 so I'm not sure if things have changed for the better but the only annoying thing is it takes a while to actually get the check.

  15. #15
    trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-13-06
    Posts: 19,247
    Betpoints: 7805

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Thanks for updating the thread Ken.
    F Book but.

    if things have changed can I reopon my SBR complaint from several years ago of them stealing SBR verified (oddsmaker) $40,000 + from my account and never paying it? would the experts at SBR take another go at past no pay or stealing funds complaints in the past upon news of all these sudden "payments"?

    F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something

  16. #16
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    F Book but.if things have changed can I reopon my SBR complaint from several years ago of them stealing SBR verified (oddsmaker) $40,000 + from my account and never paying it? would the experts at SBR take another go at past no pay or stealing funds complaints in the past upon news of all these sudden "payments"?
    " issue. F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever unless there are new owners or something
    A couple of weeks after the 12/07 check I requested another. They debited my account but no check yet.

    check 9/12
    debitcard 10/21 or so
    check 12/07

    Maybe in a week or so.

    Dear Try.. It cannot hurt but I will bet they will claim a "Statute of Limitations". My Wisconsin bank for a few years was sitting on my $105.xx and sending me monthly statements from 2006 to 2009. When I went back to do business, they said it was abandoned money, and moved it to an account that was to go to the State. They said there was no money movement in 2 years so it's theirs. I bitched that there was only $100 in 1999 but it was only because they stopped paying interest that there was no movement.

    It was only when I showed them the statements that they dug it out.

  17. #17
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 3,742
    Betpoints: 1406

    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    F Book but.

    if things have changed can I reopon my SBR complaint from several years ago of them stealing SBR verified (oddsmaker) $40,000 + from my account and never paying it? would the experts at SBR take another go at past no pay or stealing funds complaints in the past upon news of all these sudden "payments"?

    F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something
    Feel bad for you but at the same time why would you bet enough to win $40,000 at an offshore book? Why not stop at say $10,000 and then see if you can get a couple of payouts before you decided to take it to that level? Common sense helps but you've been betting with sportsbook.ag and ranting about how good that book is with lines for years so no wonder.

  18. #18
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Quote Originally Posted by SsgKen View Post
    A couple of weeks after the 12/07 check I requested another. They debited my account but no check yet.
    check 9/12 debitcard 10/21 or so. I spent the debit card at Amazon; might be $25 or so.
    check 12/07 deposited, now 50 days, still cleared. After some nudging which got the usual "Sorry, our processor had blah, blah blah

    Today;
    Your recent withdrawal request of $2,000.00 has been approved and will be sent via the requested withdrawal method minus the fee associated with the method.
    Looks like another $1945 coming my way.

  19. #19
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    01-31-19, 12:18 pm No check.

    I got another $1945 check. Looks like about a ten-week interval. I will ask again about March 10.

  20. #20
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    March 6, requested; today

    $2,000.00 has been approved

  21. #21
    kruppe
    kruppe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-25-14
    Posts: 6
    Betpoints: 186

    I got a few $1945 checks from them last year, never had an issue getting paid, just took a decent amount of time.

  22. #22
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    I have $9445 left to get.

  23. #23
    trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-13-06
    Posts: 19,247
    Betpoints: 7805

    F Book but.

    if things have changed can I reopon my SBR complaint from several years ago of them stealing SBR verified (oddsmaker) $40,000 + from my account and never paying it? would the experts at SBR take another go at past no pay or stealing funds complaints in the past upon news of all these sudden "payments"?

    F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something

  24. #24
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    • 08-21-18, 01:04 PM
      First post was
      Was a total of $18,488. I ran the total up to ~$21,500 until they cut me down to $50 limit. Looks like it will be one year to collect, if they keep paying.

  25. #25
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 3,742
    Betpoints: 1406

    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    F Book but.

    if things have changed can I reopon my SBR complaint from several years ago of them stealing SBR verified (oddsmaker) $40,000 + from my account and never paying it? would the experts at SBR take another go at past no pay or stealing funds complaints in the past upon news of all these sudden "payments"?

    F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something
    Again. Who runs an account up to $40,000 in the first place at an offshore book? Letís use our heads just a little bit here pal.

  26. #26
    Frank
    Frank's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-13-07
    Posts: 580
    Betpoints: 5801

    Quote Originally Posted by SsgKen View Post
    • 08-21-18, 01:04 PM
      First post was
      Was a total of $18,488. I ran the total up to ~$21,500 until they cut me down to $50 limit. Looks like it will be one year to collect, if they keep paying.
    They are paying faster than Topbet, who used to be a sister book.

  27. #27
    trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-13-06
    Posts: 19,247
    Betpoints: 7805

    Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Again. Who runs an account up to $40,000 in the first place at an offshore book? Letís use our heads just a little bit here pal.
    well they paid $0.0 all along so the total makes no difference, it could be $300 or $3 million, whats is your point?

    SBR F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something


  28. #28
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 801
    Betpoints: 2034

    Quote Originally Posted by stevex View Post
    Again. Who runs an account up to $40,000 in the first place at an offshore book? Letís use our heads just a little bit here pal.
    As surprising as it may be to you it is not unheard of for gamblers to try and run up their balance at an online sportsbook. For some it is the ultimate goal.

  29. #29
    stevex
    stevex's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-02-10
    Posts: 3,742
    Betpoints: 1406

    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    well they paid $0.0 all along so the total makes no difference, it could be $300 or $3 million, whats is your point?

    SBR F book for a reason nobody should be sending them money ever

    unless there new owners or something

    They've been paying me out the past couple of months so you were doing something they didn't like. You found a hole and tried to take advantage would be my first thought but I don't know all of the details.

    Again, they're paying out. Slowly, but they're paying.

  30. #30
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    well they paid $0.0 all along so the total makes no difference, it could be $300 or $3 million, whats is your point?
    Reminds me of playing blackjack and the count tells you to bet minimum. So you bet $5 and draw a 9-2 vs dealer 6. You double, drawing a ten for 21. "I should have bet more you think." Then the dealer shows a 16 but draws a 5 for 21. Push.

    $5 or $5 million, no difference.

  31. #31
    SsgKen
    SsgKen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 06-23-18
    Posts: 145
    Betpoints: 864

    March 6, requested;

    April 15 paid: Today I got another $1945 check.

    I will ask again next week.
    Last edited by SsgKen; 04-15-19 at 03:45 PM. Reason: added dates

Top