Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Bookmaker family, always play with American odds

Just noticed this and asked support about it, they confirm it. Never saw anything regarding this before...

When you have your account set to decimal odds at the bookmaker family (bookmaker.eu, DSI...), they round the odds slightly to the lower side because they don't use the third decimal digit. This can affect your payout rate by over 1% in a lot of cases.

See this:

https://gyazo.com/a9a452fe6b9f327ec7a73b29b71a65c9

And then this:

https://gyazo.com/6ca89801899907bbc98502a61a347606

Same line, higher payout with the American odds.

Just letting everybody know you can get a slightly higher edge by setting your account to the American odds. 1% can make a big difference.

Roscoe_Word
    Roscoe_Word's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8667

Appreciate that....good post!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

All books have to do a conversion from whatever their base odds are in the software which requires rounding to two decimal places (as cents only go to 2 dec places, not because of any choice)

Sometimes it will advantage decimal bets and sometimes American odds.

Alfa1234

The Greek does the rounding as well, but they give the payout as if they were American odds. So a -150 would be 1.66 in decimal odds, but still pay 166.67€ for a €100 euro bet, despite the decimal odd appearing as 1.66 on the site.

Players should just make sure they have the appropriate settings to optimize their payout instead of leaving money on the table.

Alfa1234

Question: am I the only one that has been unable to change the odds back and forth from American to Decimal at bookmaker.eu? For some reason the "save" button does not work anymore. I've tried multiple browsers and devices...so now I'm left with contacting their live chat about changing it for me which is a real pain.

luctens
    luctens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 724

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Question: am I the only one that has been unable to change the odds back and forth from American to Decimal at bookmaker.eu? For some reason the "save" button does not work anymore. I've tried multiple browsers and devices...so now I'm left with contacting their live chat about changing it for me which is a real pain.
    "so now I'm left with contacting their live chat about changing it for me which is a real pain." Bloody hell. "a real pain". How hard can it be for you to contact live chat for goodness sake. It really isn't that hard. If everybody made a post on this forum when such a tiddly issue came up that can easily be sorted out by contacting the bookmaker's customer service, this forum would be inundated with stupid nothing posts like this. Just get on with contacting live chat, get them to sort it out, and move on for goodness sake.

Alfa1234

It's hard because I have to do it every time I want to change the odds. As they mentioned in the same conversation I had with them, no-one has contacted them regarding this issue besides me so I decided to ask others if I'm the only one with the problem. That is what the post is about. As usual, you only read what you like to read and ignore the rest. It would help if you'd actually stop inundating the forum with stupid posts like the one above, that's a fact.

evo34
    evo34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4198

Quote Originally Posted by luctens View Post
    If everybody made a post on this forum when such a tiddly issue came up...this forum would be inundated with stupid nothing posts.
    Irony.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: tradeout

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    It's hard because I have to do it every time I want to change the odds. As they mentioned in the same conversation I had with them, no-one has contacted them regarding this issue besides me so I decided to ask others if I'm the only one with the problem. That is what the post is about. As usual, you only read what you like to read and ignore the rest. It would help if you'd actually stop inundating the forum with stupid posts like the one above, that's a fact.
    I had a yak with support and am told this can be a problem with certain Firefox installs.

They suggested using Chrome instead and it will work for you.

roanildinho
    roanildinho's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1778

americans always rounding lower lol

Alfa1234

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I had a yak with support and am told this can be a problem with certain Firefox installs.

They suggested using Chrome instead and it will work for you.
    Nope, my standard browser is Chrome. I tried with firefox but that didn't help. Doesn't work on both my desktop and my laptop which made me think it's a problem on their side...but thank you for asking Optional.