Bet365problems
    Bet365problems's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Bet 365 Withdrawal Issue

Hi all,

Firstly sorry for the long post - just joined SBR tonight, looking for some assistance please.

Opened a Bet365 account approx 3-4 months ago and all was well. Verified all my details by sending a utility bill, and my drivers license. Was able to deposit via POLI without any problems, and was able to withdrawal to a seperate bank account with no issues about a month later ( was approx $4200).

Got on a bit of a winning streak recently, managed to keep turning over my profits and built my account up to $15520. Trying to withdrawal this money, but running into all sorts of problems, and now think im not going to see a cent of that money.

Have been dealing with them via live chat and email, but no luck. Was asked to provide a bank statement for the account i wish the money to go to, so i did that. Was advised after many back and forth emails that all was sorted and my withdrawals would be processed. Days later, the withdrawals were still pending. I also went to place another bet but it said "restrictions have been placed on your account" or something similar. Talked to live chat who said rather bluntly that in fact this issue is not resolved, and my account is frozen and they need verification.

Emailed Bet365 again - they are now after a Bank statement to prove i am the owner of the bank account that the deposits came from via POLI. Heres the thing - it is a shared bank account i use with my partner. I have taken individual screenshots of the transactions and sent to them but they arent happy with that. I have countless emails back and forth (12 or so emails) and im not getting anywhere.

I have sent them the screenshots with the transactions which prove i have access to the account the money was deposited from, they have my utility bill, the other entire bank statement, a copy of my drivers license, my address, and have spoken to me on the phone in the past, but still not good enough apparently. Keep getting the same response which is that they are not processing the withdrawals until i sent them the documentation. There is no doubt at all that i am the owner. I have even offered to do a test deposit from either of the two accounts they have details for, but they havent even acknowledged that part of my email, they just repeat the same thing, saying we need the documentation otherwise nothing is going to happen.

My partner is a lawyer ironically enough and is very aggravated over this whole thing - he doesn't want me to send them the actual bank statement for the account the money was deposited from originally, as he has huge privacy issues (naturally). He doesnt want his/our address or account number etc to be sent to them. I have explained to bet365 countless times but im not getting anywhere. I have also said im happy for the money to be withdrawn to either of the two accounts (either the one the deposit was made for, or the other account that they have let me withdraw to in the past). I have also taken a screenshot of the account number on my internet banking along with screenshots of the individual deposit transactions thus proving i have access to the account, but they are more concerned about the name the bank account has on it and keep asking for a statement. I think they are hoping the name on the account is not mine, and then they will void the funds.

I am afraid that i am not going to recieve any of my money now and i feel robbed. My latest response from them was:

"Thank you for your email.

I have referred this matter to our Security Team and can confirm that we will require the requested documentation prior to actioning any request to withdraw funds from your account.

How you wish to proceed is entirely at your discretion however, your account will remain suspended and any request to withdraw will remain pending until we can verify the proof of ownership for the Poli account in which you used for funding your account.

Should you wish to discuss this matter further we would be happy to speak with you by telephone. We are available 24 hours a day on+800 12 365 365, alternatively we will be happy to call you should you prefer. Simply confirm a valid telephone number and a convenient timeframe over the next 48 hours for us to call you.

Kind regards,

Paul C Barker
    Customer Account Supervisor
    The bet365 Team"

Any help appreciated - what should i do from here? My partner is livid and wants to take legal action. I have proven beyond doubt that there is nothing strange going on here, but they are now focusing on the fact that because its a shared bank account, they assume that the account isnt in my name, and if i send them a statement with someone elses name on it they will assume its fraud and i wont get anything. Just to be clear - that isnt whats happening, its just a shared bank account that my partner and i have. I have even said he can write them a letter or talk to them about this but they arent interested, keep getting the stock standard "we need documentation" response.

The whole thing is frustrating - no checks when you make a deposit, and if i had have lost the money, im sure i wouldnt get it back, but now that i have won, they want to do every check under the sun and more? I understand their potential concerns - it deposited via one account and wants to withdraw to another, but surely i have proven beyond any doubt now? Especially since i said they can withdraw back to the original account it was deposited from if they wish.

Any help appreciated - i feel robbed. my latest email to them was another attempted explanation along with a screenshot of my account number and the deposit transactions. Hopefully they will be reasonable about this eventually?

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11813

IMO, you either send them what they want, or write it off really.

Limited
    Limited's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4567

If your friend is a lawyer, he would probably know if bet365 is requesting from you something without the legal basis and against their TC. If that is the case you can take the legal action against them. But like other say, just send them what they ask, that would be the most easy and the fastest solution.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 8671

This does really suck.

I hope no book ever tries to ask me to show a bank statement. But I do know it could happen.

Does at least one of the bank account owners have the same name as the 365 account has on it?

If not you might be right about being out of luck here. Books are not allowed to accept or make third party payments under regulations. (what country are you in?)

Or are you worried because the other account holder also has a betting account at 365 or something like that?

I think that in general when they ask for a bank statement they are looking for source of funds, not proof you can access the account. And they will never accept computer screen shots or parts of documents for anything. Sending the relevant lines is not what they are interested in. They want to be able to show that they have complied with anti-money laundering laws and 'convincing them' with a test deposit or other things does not do that. They want a specific complete document image.

JayZ
    JayZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5247

Mention of POLI as a deposit method suggests Australia (or possibly New Zealand). It is not possible to withdraw this way from Bet365, hence payment into a bank. Bet365 requires that payments can only be made in the name of and to the registered account holder. The size of the withdrawal has probably triggered some kind of threshold for needing documentation, even on the deposit side.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Problem if you use a shared bank account

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20303

Quote Originally Posted by shaunovery View Post
    Problem if you use a shared bank account
    I've had no issues using a shared bank account, albeit my wife shares my surname.

So is this a discrimination issue?

sshz
    sshz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Perfect example why never to leave too much money in any account.....it sucks, do as they ask and withdrawal everything and say goodby. Then close the bank account if you are worried they have your info.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post
    I've had no issues using a shared bank account, albeit my wife shares my surname.

So is this a discrimination issue?
    Think the issue here is, the op partner doesn't want there details known so b365 won't pay

Bet365problems

Thanks everyone for your responses thus far. Just to answer one of the questions - I am in New Zealand.

I have sent them a bank statement for the account i want to withdrawal to (the account is in my name and all details match). They verified this, and said it was fine, and everything was sorted. They then said it wasnt sorted, and was never resolved, and asked for proof of identification to show that i was also the owner of the account the deposit came from. The issue being - that bank account is a shared account i have with my partner. I wish i had of just deposited and requested a withdrawal all from the same account, i didnt think it would be such a big deal.

Because the account that i deposited from is a shared account, my partner doesnt want me to send a statement which has his details on it too (address etc). They know 100% that both accounts in question here (the account i deposited from and the account i want to withdrawal to) are both mine. I have also said they can process the withdrawal to either account, as they are both mine. I have no preference which account the money goes to.

Their latest response after posting this last night was:
    "Thank you for your response regarding your account.

To proceed, we would like to speak to you via telephone.

If you could please respond to confirm a contact telephone number and a convenient time for us to call, I will arrange this for you.

Thank you again for your continued co-operation and patience in this matter."

So - im going to arrange this call, re-explain everything, and hopefully commonsense prevails here. I have been getting into screaming arguments with my partner over this, as he is adamant that i am not to send a bank statement (he is a lawyer and has huge privacy concerns).

I'll let you all know how i get on with the phone call. What do i do if im not able to send a statement but they still wont proceed?

Thanks everyone.

zlatan25
    zlatan25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Why doesn't your friend provide bank statement hiding personnal informations???
    Last edited by zlatan25; 10-22-15 at 12:32 AM.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by zlatan25 View Post
    Why doesn't your friend provide bank statement hiding personnal informations???
    i don't recall ever being asked for the bank statement I used to deposit funds to a bookmaker.
    From my recall only Neteller have ever made me do that.
    And I suspect the OP's $15k is NZD, not USD, not that that makes the slightest difference.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Bet365problems View Post
    Thanks everyone for your responses thus far. Just to answer one of the questions - I am in New Zealand.

I have sent them a bank statement for the account i want to withdrawal to (the account is in my name and all details match). They verified this, and said it was fine, and everything was sorted. They then said it wasnt sorted, and was never resolved, and asked for proof of identification to show that i was also the owner of the account the deposit came from. The issue being - that bank account is a shared account i have with my partner. I wish i had of just deposited and requested a withdrawal all from the same account, i didnt think it would be such a big deal.

Because the account that i deposited from is a shared account, my partner doesnt want me to send a statement which has his details on it too (address etc). They know 100% that both accounts in question here (the account i deposited from and the account i want to withdrawal to) are both mine. I have also said they can process the withdrawal to either account, as they are both mine. I have no preference which account the money goes to.

Their latest response after posting this last night was:
    "Thank you for your response regarding your account.

To proceed, we would like to speak to you via telephone.

If you could please respond to confirm a contact telephone number and a convenient time for us to call, I will arrange this for you.

Thank you again for your continued co-operation and patience in this matter."

So - im going to arrange this call, re-explain everything, and hopefully commonsense prevails here. I have been getting into screaming arguments with my partner over this, as he is adamant that i am not to send a bank statement (he is a lawyer and has huge privacy concerns).

I'll let you all know how i get on with the phone call. What do i do if im not able to send a statement but they still wont proceed?

Thanks everyone.

Repeating what you have already told them won't help. They hear the same excuses over and again from both honest and dishonest players so common sense doesn't come into it. As they are already suspicious I can't see that you have much option but to show them proof of money source before they will approve you now.

It will be 100 times easier to fix this with them directly than to try and fight an adverse ruling later. Try to think like them and offer whatever alternatives you can think of to prove you are bona fide. I think that they will see this as a situation where they need proof to satisfy anti-money laundering law. Before you get on the phone think of all the ways you might be able to help them do this. But if it were me I would also be ready to hand over the statement if all else fails.

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

What is poli?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by unluckysob View Post
    What is poli?
    A weird payment system now owned by the Australian Post Office. https://www.polipayments.com/

It opens up its own browser and takes you to your online bank login and after you do that auto enters the info to make the payment and watches as you confirm it.

Instant and free for users.

dealer wins
    dealer wins's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11813

I find it odd that your partner is so paranoid over this, but happy to have a joint account in the first place and allow it to be used for online bookmakers! Doesnt sound right, sorry.
    Points Awarded:

bigballa gave dealer wins 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hareeba!

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    A weird payment system now owned by the Australian Post Office. https://www.polipayments.com/

It opens up its own browser and takes you to your online bank login and after you do that auto enters the info to make the payment and watches as you confirm it.

Instant and free for users.
    It's a terrific system. Use it for all my local bookie deposits.

tomallen123
    tomallen123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2084

cant you just send a copy of the statement and cover his details?
    something seems fishy here

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Hareeba! View Post

It's a terrific system. Use it for all my local bookie deposits.
    Are you at all surprised 'everyone' just seems to trust it?

I like it a lot too but always think to myself I wonder why we dont see any posts from people worried about it at all before trying it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It seems many problems coming to play because of some sort of a roommate or/multiple accounts or this case books don't like to deal with third parties involved as it makes it suspicious

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I allways have problems with them, stay out!

Bet365problems

This is now resolved all - but not sure how to close the thread.

I gave them the statement cause they wouldn't budge.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Optional

That's good news.

Thanks for letting the thread know.

bigballa
    bigballa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4154

seemed common sense, and very long winded from you....for future if a book wants something you just do it and thats that, they wouldnt waste their time asking for it if it wasnt something they wanted...glad you got your dough....