BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Proud of team USA but sick of the post game excuses

Every four years the analysts say the same crap. "The USA hasn't had soccer as long as these other countries and it takes time to develop." "We will need more years to developer quality and technical skills".

Give me a freaking break. The age of the players on the other teams is the same as the players on the US squad. Just because football has been around over 100 years in Europe doesn't mean Belgium players had a 100 more years of experience.

The bottom line is that our best athletes don't play soccer. They play other sports. That is why the USA will never be an elite force in soccer.

Does Belgium have the NBA, NFL, MLB, or NHL? Hell no. All they do is play soccer.

If Lebron, Adrian Peterson, Calvin Johnson, Russell Westbrook, etc. played soccer we would kick ass at that too.

As it is, we're just not as good as the other countries because we don't really care.

I don't ever see the US being elite in soccer because there is no money to be made here playing it when you can play in the NFL or NBA. Not to mention, the halves are 45 minutes non-stop with no commercial breaks or advertising. What stations are going to want to pick that up?

I've also never understood stoppage time in soccer. There are three goals scored with players dry humping each other afterwards and then at the end they add on 1 minute more? Hell, many times players are acting like they are dieing on the field the whole half and then they will add like two minutes. I don't get it.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-01-14 at 11:12 PM.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

So much wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. "What stations are going to want to pick that up?" Bro just google some of the tv deals...MLS, BPL, UCL, world cups 2018/2022....