captrobey
    captrobey's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10944

A Klondike bar mystery

So this is extremely bizarre . Maybe someone can explain what happened to me because i am stumped . I have looked on internet and cannot find anything similar to what i am about to tell you.

I bought 2 sugarless packages of Klondike bars last Thursday. I will put the picture of the package not the actual one but the same off a picture online so you know what it looks like.I brought these Along with other groceries . There are 6 in a package of them. Put them into the freezer.

Friday my wife says to me " Do you smell something burning" ? It smelled like sort of a wire burning . I was a bit worried walked around thought it may have been our water cooler but was not. Then went away .

So i got 2 Klondike bars to eat for dessert today to finish off the first pack. As i open it i am looking at it at first i thought it was chocolate but the color was off . I notice the wrapping of the Klondike bar looks burnt . The Klondike bar tasted fine but the wrapping had burn marks on it.

I look at the box itself the Klondike bars came in nothing at all perfectly fine. None of the other Klondike bars had this it was just the one individual Klondike bar . If you smell the wrapper it smalls like what we thought was burning pretty sure this was what we were smelling the other night.

I went in the fridge checked the 2ND box nothing wrong. No wires or anything weird looking in the freezer nothing looks burnt nothing looks like it was on fire. So i believe somehow someway an individual Klondike bar spontaneously combusted in the freezer without harming anything else.

I cannot explain this nor can i find anything online of something like this happening. What would you do for a Klondike bar ? Is this not weird .

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13352

The bigger mystery is why are you eating ice cream without any sugar????????
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave gauchojake 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

So, just a little chemistry 101 here

When aluminum + moisture + stainless steel come in contact together it will trigger immediate oxidization and your wrapper may look burnt and smell like shit

I assume your shelves are steel, the wrapper is aluminum foil and maybe there was a little moisture in the freezer air.
    Points Awarded:

TheGoldenGoose gave MinnesotaFats 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

MaltedHopsFrenzy
    MaltedHopsFrenzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7439

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4523

Sounds like some insurance fraud that didn’t work out to recoup all those loses...
    Next time do better Capt.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    The bigger mystery is why are you eating ice cream without any sugar????????
    Diabetic

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

When aluminum + moisture + stainless steel come in contact together it will trigger immediate oxidization and your wrapper may look burnt and smell like shit

I assume your shelves are steel, the wrapper is aluminum foil and maybe there was a little moisture in the freezer air.
    That has to be it then right that has to be the only explanation. Only thing is it was still inside the cardboard box and was not touching anything else. Could it have been Satan? Your explanation sounds the most logical. After Satan .

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by MaltedHopsFrenzy View Post
    LOL

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by KnuckleHeadz View Post
    Sounds like some insurance fraud that didn’t work out to recoup all those loses...
    Next time do better Capt.
    If i could get back all my losses why not lol

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I'm going to go eat an it's it

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Guy can figure out how ice cream spontaneously combusts but can't figure out how to post a link. Unreal

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Guy can figure out how ice cream spontaneously combusts but can't figure out how to post a link. Unreal
    I think it’s just his particular phone he has that doesn’t allow him to post links. We all know the guy is a very intelligent guy on a lot of things in life.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    I think it’s just his particular phone he has that doesn’t allow him to post links. We all know the guy is a very intelligent guy on a lot of things in life.
    Jerky, I know what the issue is but it's way more funny to clown. Common guy lol

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Jerky, I know what the issue is but it's way more funny to clown. Common guy lol
    My bad

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12110

Garbage. Want to eat something sweet for dessert grab an apple.. You'll feel better for it.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3806

Great job by Fats to solve the mystery but the process does not necessarily trigger immediate oxidization. In steel construction rain or stagnant water can be the culprit and take a while.

@ Capt: Had your freezer lost power or did you defrost it recently? Has to be a reason your freezer out of millions of freezers generated this issue.

Zlaniner
    DUB NATION 415
    Zlaniner's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13084

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Garbage. Want to eat something sweet for dessert grab an apple.. You'll feel better for it.
    Candied apple maybe.

captrobey

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I am ok with apples i love grapes though and when in mood bananas in cereal. Some cereals are actually lesser in sugars then you would think. Like Lucky Charms they are lower like around 13 and Magically delicious. I like though adding bananas to Special K . There is like 9 in Special K chocolate . Considering i have seen like 40+ in a normal soda which i almost never would drink anyway only diet i think that is pretty good.