dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

It's not racism it's realism: NFL and NCAAF betting strategy

There is a stereotype I have seen on here that fading a black head coach with a black starting QB is profitable

I decided to back test this for the 2017 season

For NFL and NCAAF division I teams there were 47 games played in 2017 in which there was a black head coach and a black starting QB. Their record ATS was 18-27-2

So far in 2018 there have been 11 games under these same parameters and the record ATS so far is 3-7 (ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)

Teams to monitor this season:

-Browns under Hue Jackson with Tyrod Taylor starting

-ASU under Herm Edwards with Manny Wilkins starting

-Illini under Lovie Smith with AJ Bush starting

-FSU under Willie Taggart with Deondre Francois starting

-UT San Antonio under Frank Wilson with Cordale Grundy starting

-Texas State under Everett Withers with Willie Jones III starting

Save the howls of racism, we're here to win. I usually bet all the black underdogs vs. non black opponents in UFC btw
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: FullStrength

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

jjgold been an advocate of this for years

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Who's this fund's manager? JIBBY?
    Points Awarded:

SharpAngles gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thrilla gave El Nino 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56, and KVB

Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2275

If only I could go back in time and bet on white countries to have done better than black ones

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

another im not bias but let me post a bias thread to see if I can fool you thread lol

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

The fact that you think the color of skin has something to do with a team losing shows how f#cking stupid you are. The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches. Some the worse team performances from Sunday involved white head coaches and white QBs (Buffalo, San Fran, Arizona).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, mikejamm, and wikkidinsane

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

what a shock you would be all over this. clown. and what great teams these men are all coaching. again, you are the biggest loser. always veiling your racism and attempting to tie it to sports. you didn't learn from having to give up your old account? Back to the same garbage oscar.

Saloon worthy.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The fact that you think the color of skin has something to do with a team losing shows how f#cking stupid you are. The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches. Some the worse team performances from Sunday involved white head coaches and white QBs (Buffalo, San Fran, Arizona).
    doesn't fit his stupid ignorant narratives. he is not here for actual sports in any way shape or form. It's a way to spout foolishness in a place where he can get at least 30 percent agreement from guys like him here. In the real world these guys are cowards. put them behind a keyboard and let their inner feelings fly.

Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 974

Trash post from one of the biggest pieces of shit on this site no surprise there
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave Venom72 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

dlowilly

Look the butthurts have found something to protest

Weird how funnyb and his fake record was all over players talk for months even after it was exposed but this gets salooned

Edit: 2017 data is correct. 2016 data coming soon...
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-10-18 at 01:10 PM.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I've always faded black NFL QBs.. Easy money

MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2565

Is Memehomes black?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i do find this interesting....... obviously fairly small sample so far and the anecdotal evidence before that........

how confident are you that you have every team?

how many have done well? ASU? anyone else? BTW, didn't know manny wilkens was black, thought he was filipino or samoan or something with anglo name. but you are correct about it.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

has SBR had a negative black QB contingent? never noticed it before. anti-black coach is hard to miss

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

What does the OP say about the Carolina Panthers? Head Coach: Hispanic. QB: Black. RB: White.
    Points Awarded:

phinfan27615 gave Easy-Rider 66 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

"(ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)"

That's the funniest line I've read in a long, long time.

Lenny Zefflin
    Lenny Zefflin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches.
    You expect two teams with a white QB/head coach to tie every time?

DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2132

Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    "(ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)"

That's the funniest line I've read in a long, long time.

Shot my soda through my nose on that one

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    It's a way to spout foolishness in a place where he can get at least 30 percent agreement from guys like him here. In the real world these guys are cowards. put them behind a keyboard and let their inner feelings fly.
    U mean like the time out of nowhere I claimed blacks were more likely to commit incest and be pedophiles because that’s what I kept seeing on tv shows even though the actual data shows otherwise? Oh wait, that was u saying that about white people.

Get back in ur casket kingdumb

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Zefflin View Post
    You expect two teams with a white QB/head coach to tie every time?
    yes or at least one not blow out the other, if we're talking wait what are we talking about here, intelligence? football knowledge, ability? hard to say the threadstarter left us a cliffhanger on that one.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    yes or at least one not blow out the other, if we're talking wait what are we talking about here, intelligence? football knowledge, ability? hard to say the threadstarter left us a cliffhanger on that one.
    I think it could be several different things. Maybe there is a negative dynamic or friction when there is a black hc/Qb? Maybe there is miscegenous strength when you mix races between hc and qb that’s is missing or reduced in black intraracial combos? Maybe it’s just statistical variance.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Who's this fund's manager? JIBBY?

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

This guy doesn't act in the best interest of forum users. I remember before i was a member here, there was thread with picks from some DFS guy where the poster posted some nice winners. This guy did a lot of clowning and chased the poster away. I don't understand why many forum users get itchy when someone posts winners. I have seen it in multiple forums. Whenever someone posts winners, guys like this guy will start clowning/trolling until the posted is chased away. The purpose of forums is is to discuss picks and win as a group. I recommend all you veil negative energy guys to watch this lecture series by jordan peterson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrL...0I3lUrrFTzkpat Its 17 part lecture, each 2 hours long but if you sit through it and watch it over a month or so, your life will change.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I think it could be several different things. Maybe there is a negative dynamic or friction when there is a black hc/Qb? Maybe there is miscegenous strength when you mix races between hc and qb that’s is missing or reduced in black intraracial combos? Maybe it’s just statistical variance.
    maybe its that most of the black coaches are coaching horrible teams that have had a revolving door before they got there.

dlowilly

maybe its that most of the black coaches are coaching horrible teams that have had a revolving door before they got there.
    That's valid if we're talking straight up record, not when we're talking ATS

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    That's valid if we're talking straight up record, not when we're talking ATS
    ratings are kinda subjective as well as the point spread, besides coaches are trying to win not cover a spread unless that spread is mandatory to winning the game.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    This guy doesn't act in the best interest of forum users. I remember before i was a member here, there was thread with picks from some DFS guy where the poster posted some nice winners. This guy did a lot of clowning and chased the poster away. I don't understand why many forum users get itchy when someone posts winners. I have seen it in multiple forums. Whenever someone posts winners, guys like this guy will start clowning/trolling until the posted is chased away. The purpose of forums is is to discuss picks and win as a group. I recommend all you veil negative energy guys to watch this lecture series by jordan peterson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrL...0I3lUrrFTzkpat Its 17 part lecture, each 2 hours long but if you sit through it and watch it over a month or so, your life will change.
    I assume ur talking about that guy (I forget his name) who went public with his record that was already up in google forums. You could subscribe to his upcoming picks packages for the low low price of hundreds and thousands of dollars. Problem is you can edit google forum entries indefinitely without a trace.

As soon as he went public with picks he was losing after supposedly hitting 70% for months. For an example I created my own google forum account and had a perfect record with huge ML underdogs because I could edit after the fact. Some guys even subscribed waiting for more picks because they didn't know it was just an example. Of course I didn't make more picks.

He also had shills and/or ghost accounts on here hyping and defending him. Were you one of them? Ur pretty new here.

All that happened before your join date, so I'm going to safely assume you are him or a shill of his and therefore @ the rest of your salty nonsense.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-10-18 at 10:49 PM.

dlowilly

ratings are kinda subjective as well as the point spread, besides coaches are trying to win not cover a spread unless that spread is mandatory to winning the game.
    Right, there are for sure many variables involved I'm just saying inheriting a bad team is accounted for in the spread. The possible black/black dynamic is not accounted for by linesmakers and that's what we're trying to determine the possible edge for.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I'll play devil's advocate. May as well backdate a few more years dlo. May also want to record the opposing team coach and qb color to see if the results vary whether the opposition coach-qb combo is white-white, white-black, black-white.

bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5145

how about testing another system: a hot wife coach plus a hot wife QB vs. ugly wife's team? MAybe that has some science behind it?

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I have a similar system
    I always bet on the all white NBA team to cover the spread in all their games
    Doesn't even matter what race the coach is

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate. May as well backdate a few more years dlo. May also want to record the opposing team coach and qb color to see if the results vary whether the opposition coach-qb combo is white-white, white-black, black-white.
    Who they were playing unless it's another black/black is irrelevant to whether data supports betting against black/black being profitable. I considered throwing out a double black/black matchup but decided to leave it in.

I plan on back testing more but it's not an easy thing to research especially when you go back more than a year. You have to determine who the head coach was for the game, who the starting qb was for each game, google their images, and then sometimes google their parents' images.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Well, you should definitely throw out any black-black vs black-black games. No point keeping those in.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Well, you should definitely throw out any black-black vs black-black games. No point keeping those in.
    Agreed

I think I only came across one or two so far

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why is a thread involving handicapping in the saloon?

1234 ... Last