1. #1
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    It's not racism it's realism: NFL and NCAAF betting strategy

    There is a stereotype I have seen on here that fading a black head coach with a black starting QB is profitable

    I decided to back test this for the 2017 season

    For NFL and NCAAF division I teams there were 47 games played in 2017 in which there was a black head coach and a black starting QB. Their record ATS was 18-27-2

    So far in 2018 there have been 11 games under these same parameters and the record ATS so far is 3-7 (ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)

    Teams to monitor this season:

    -Browns under Hue Jackson with Tyrod Taylor starting

    -ASU under Herm Edwards with Manny Wilkins starting

    -Illini under Lovie Smith with AJ Bush starting

    -FSU under Willie Taggart with Deondre Francois starting

    -UT San Antonio under Frank Wilson with Cordale Grundy starting

    -Texas State under Everett Withers with Willie Jones III starting



    Save the howls of racism, we're here to win. I usually bet all the black underdogs vs. non black opponents in UFC btw
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  2. #2
    Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-30-05
    Posts: 45,633

    jjgold been an advocate of this for years

    SBR Founder Join Date: 10/30/2005


  3. #3
    El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-03-12
    Posts: 18,049
    Betpoints: 73

    Who's this fund's manager? JIBBY?
    Points Awarded:

    SharpAngles gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    KVB gave El Nino 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Thrilla gave El Nino 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56, and KVB

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #4
    Shutup
    Shutup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-15-17
    Posts: 1,160
    Betpoints: 18

    If only I could go back in time and bet on white countries to have done better than black ones

  5. #5
    jtoler
    Be
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 24,668
    Betpoints: 29

    another im not bias but let me post a bias thread to see if I can fool you thread lol

  6. #6
    NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-02-07
    Posts: 7,751
    Betpoints: 8847

    The fact that you think the color of skin has something to do with a team losing shows how f#cking stupid you are. The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches. Some the worse team performances from Sunday involved white head coaches and white QBs (Buffalo, San Fran, Arizona).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla, mikejamm, and wikkidinsane

  7. #7
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 5,646
    Betpoints: 2625

    what a shock you would be all over this. clown. and what great teams these men are all coaching. again, you are the biggest loser. always veiling your racism and attempting to tie it to sports. you didn't learn from having to give up your old account? Back to the same garbage oscar.

    Saloon worthy.

  8. #8
    kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-25-10
    Posts: 5,646
    Betpoints: 2625

    Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The fact that you think the color of skin has something to do with a team losing shows how f#cking stupid you are. The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches. Some the worse team performances from Sunday involved white head coaches and white QBs (Buffalo, San Fran, Arizona).
    doesn't fit his stupid ignorant narratives. he is not here for actual sports in any way shape or form. It's a way to spout foolishness in a place where he can get at least 30 percent agreement from guys like him here. In the real world these guys are cowards. put them behind a keyboard and let their inner feelings fly.

  9. #9
    Venom72
    Venom72's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-16
    Posts: 1,888
    Betpoints: 531

    Trash post from one of the biggest pieces of shit on this site no surprise there
    Points Awarded:

    Thrilla gave Venom72 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Thrilla

  10. #10
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Look the butthurts have found something to protest

    Weird how funnyb and his fake record was all over players talk for months even after it was exposed but this gets salooned

    Edit: 2017 data is correct. 2016 data coming soon...
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-10-18 at 01:10 PM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  11. #11
    thechaoz
    SBR's Most Likely To Be Your Step Dad
    thechaoz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 8,021
    Betpoints: 22093

    I've always faded black NFL QBs.. Easy money

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/18/2019


  12. #12
    MMXVII
    MMXVII's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-23-17
    Posts: 104
    Betpoints: 15

    Is Memehomes black?

  13. #13
    gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-12
    Posts: 3,054
    Betpoints: 6065

    i do find this interesting....... obviously fairly small sample so far and the anecdotal evidence before that........

    how confident are you that you have every team?

    how many have done well? ASU? anyone else? BTW, didn't know manny wilkens was black, thought he was filipino or samoan or something with anglo name. but you are correct about it.

  14. #14
    gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-04-12
    Posts: 3,054
    Betpoints: 6065

    has SBR had a negative black QB contingent? never noticed it before. anti-black coach is hard to miss

  15. #15
    Easy-Rider 66
    Against The WInd
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 02-14-12
    Posts: 17,068
    Betpoints: 12

    What does the OP say about the Carolina Panthers? Head Coach: Hispanic. QB: Black. RB: White.
    Points Awarded:

    phinfan27615 gave Easy-Rider 66 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  16. #16
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 4,029
    Betpoints: 10154

    "(ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)"

    That's the funniest line I've read in a long, long time.


  17. #17
    Lenny Zefflin
    Lenny Zefflin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-17-17
    Posts: 121
    Betpoints: 914

    Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    The majority of college and NFL teams that lose on Saturday and Sunday have white QBs and white head coaches.
    You expect two teams with a white QB/head coach to tie every time?

  18. #18
    DISTROYA
    DISTROYA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-26-12
    Posts: 1,632
    Betpoints: 6421

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    "(ASU has a half black head coach and half black QB so their games are multiplied by .5)"

    That's the funniest line I've read in a long, long time.

    Shot my soda through my nose on that one

  19. #19
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    It's a way to spout foolishness in a place where he can get at least 30 percent agreement from guys like him here. In the real world these guys are cowards. put them behind a keyboard and let their inner feelings fly.
    U mean like the time out of nowhere I claimed blacks were more likely to commit incest and be pedophiles because that’s what I kept seeing on tv shows even though the actual data shows otherwise? Oh wait, that was u saying that about white people.

    Get back in ur casket kingdumb
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  20. #20
    jtoler
    Be
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 24,668
    Betpoints: 29

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny Zefflin View Post
    You expect two teams with a white QB/head coach to tie every time?
    yes or at least one not blow out the other, if we're talking wait what are we talking about here, intelligence? football knowledge, ability? hard to say the threadstarter left us a cliffhanger on that one.

  21. #21
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    yes or at least one not blow out the other, if we're talking wait what are we talking about here, intelligence? football knowledge, ability? hard to say the threadstarter left us a cliffhanger on that one.
    I think it could be several different things. Maybe there is a negative dynamic or friction when there is a black hc/Qb? Maybe there is miscegenous strength when you mix races between hc and qb that’s is missing or reduced in black intraracial combos? Maybe it’s just statistical variance.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  22. #22
    KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-29-14
    Posts: 29,971
    Betpoints: 1002

    Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Who's this fund's manager? JIBBY?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/18/2019


  23. #23
    danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-18
    Posts: 451

    This guy doesn't act in the best interest of forum users. I remember before i was a member here, there was thread with picks from some DFS guy where the poster posted some nice winners. This guy did a lot of clowning and chased the poster away. I don't understand why many forum users get itchy when someone posts winners. I have seen it in multiple forums. Whenever someone posts winners, guys like this guy will start clowning/trolling until the posted is chased away. The purpose of forums is is to discuss picks and win as a group. I recommend all you veil negative energy guys to watch this lecture series by jordan peterson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrL...0I3lUrrFTzkpat Its 17 part lecture, each 2 hours long but if you sit through it and watch it over a month or so, your life will change.

  24. #24
    jtoler
    Be
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 24,668
    Betpoints: 29

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I think it could be several different things. Maybe there is a negative dynamic or friction when there is a black hc/Qb? Maybe there is miscegenous strength when you mix races between hc and qb that’s is missing or reduced in black intraracial combos? Maybe it’s just statistical variance.
    maybe its that most of the black coaches are coaching horrible teams that have had a revolving door before they got there.

  25. #25
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    maybe its that most of the black coaches are coaching horrible teams that have had a revolving door before they got there.
    That's valid if we're talking straight up record, not when we're talking ATS
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  26. #26
    jtoler
    Be
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-17-13
    Posts: 24,668
    Betpoints: 29

    Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    That's valid if we're talking straight up record, not when we're talking ATS
    ratings are kinda subjective as well as the point spread, besides coaches are trying to win not cover a spread unless that spread is mandatory to winning the game.

  27. #27
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    This guy doesn't act in the best interest of forum users. I remember before i was a member here, there was thread with picks from some DFS guy where the poster posted some nice winners. This guy did a lot of clowning and chased the poster away. I don't understand why many forum users get itchy when someone posts winners. I have seen it in multiple forums. Whenever someone posts winners, guys like this guy will start clowning/trolling until the posted is chased away. The purpose of forums is is to discuss picks and win as a group. I recommend all you veil negative energy guys to watch this lecture series by jordan peterson. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdrL...0I3lUrrFTzkpat Its 17 part lecture, each 2 hours long but if you sit through it and watch it over a month or so, your life will change.
    I assume ur talking about that guy (I forget his name) who went public with his record that was already up in google forums. You could subscribe to his upcoming picks packages for the low low price of hundreds and thousands of dollars. Problem is you can edit google forum entries indefinitely without a trace.

    As soon as he went public with picks he was losing after supposedly hitting 70% for months. For an example I created my own google forum account and had a perfect record with huge ML underdogs because I could edit after the fact. Some guys even subscribed waiting for more picks because they didn't know it was just an example. Of course I didn't make more picks.

    He also had shills and/or ghost accounts on here hyping and defending him. Were you one of them? Ur pretty new here.

    All that happened before your join date, so I'm going to safely assume you are him or a shill of his and therefore @ the rest of your salty nonsense.
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-10-18 at 10:49 PM.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  28. #28
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    ratings are kinda subjective as well as the point spread, besides coaches are trying to win not cover a spread unless that spread is mandatory to winning the game.
    Right, there are for sure many variables involved I'm just saying inheriting a bad team is accounted for in the spread. The possible black/black dynamic is not accounted for by linesmakers and that's what we're trying to determine the possible edge for.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  29. #29
    Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-25-11
    Posts: 2,812
    Betpoints: 3627

    I'll play devil's advocate. May as well backdate a few more years dlo. May also want to record the opposing team coach and qb color to see if the results vary whether the opposition coach-qb combo is white-white, white-black, black-white.

  30. #30
    bozeman
    bozeman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-11-09
    Posts: 2,077
    Betpoints: 3531

    how about testing another system: a hot wife coach plus a hot wife QB vs. ugly wife's team? MAybe that has some science behind it?

  31. #31
    maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-21-13
    Posts: 4,594
    Betpoints: 4791

    I have a similar system
    I always bet on the all white NBA team to cover the spread in all their games
    Doesn't even matter what race the coach is

  32. #32
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    I'll play devil's advocate. May as well backdate a few more years dlo. May also want to record the opposing team coach and qb color to see if the results vary whether the opposition coach-qb combo is white-white, white-black, black-white.
    Who they were playing unless it's another black/black is irrelevant to whether data supports betting against black/black being profitable. I considered throwing out a double black/black matchup but decided to leave it in.

    I plan on back testing more but it's not an easy thing to research especially when you go back more than a year. You have to determine who the head coach was for the game, who the starting qb was for each game, google their images, and then sometimes google their parents' images.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  33. #33
    Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-25-11
    Posts: 2,812
    Betpoints: 3627

    Well, you should definitely throw out any black-black vs black-black games. No point keeping those in.

  34. #34
    dlowilly
    2017 SBR Poker Leaderboard Champion
    dlowilly's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-09-16
    Posts: 7,932
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Well, you should definitely throw out any black-black vs black-black games. No point keeping those in.
    Agreed

    I think I only came across one or two so far
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 03/11/2019


  35. #35
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 22,580
    Betpoints: 233

    Why is a thread involving handicapping in the saloon?


123 Last
Top