TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Interesting article.

1. What if you only used Coinbase to purchase coins? And never sell?

2. Also the article indicates only users from 2013-2015.

3. There is no way they could trace 6.2 million customers and bitcoin/address transaction codes for EVERY TRANSACTION. Have fun gov.

Again, they are simply looking for a US Residents who are moving 100k+ transactions. Who are making substantial gains. I don't think they would waste their time looking for the bitcoin user for wagering purposes.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Highway robber coming.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Highway robber coming.
    US Govt trying to get a grip on things. I find it practically impossible.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Bitcoin is competition to their currency
    they will kill it just like they kill silver
    only even worse because they will say it supports
    criminal activities.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    US Govt trying to get a grip on things. I find it practically impossible.
    Seems rather easy to do to me. And before it happens Id expect more exchanges claiming theft and/or security breaches with tons of btc's stolen.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7905

The IRS got the court order last year and served it to bitcoin in December 2016. It's right there in the article? And yes its in English from what I can tell. Trump became president Jan 20th, 2017 right? So where is the connection to Trump?

IRS are cuunts

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Bitcoin is competition to their currency
    they will kill it just like they kill silver
    only even worse because they will say it supports
    criminal activities.
    Anything is possible. I just don't see how the US Govt can get an absolute 100% LOCK on this? It's like the shakedown on offshore wagering many years back. People still found a way to do it.

If bitcoin was somehow just in the USA.... I could see it happening. But because everyone world wide is doing it... how can the USA stop it? The only way is exactly what the article stated... INVADING YOUR PRIVACY. Which naturally is unconstitutional.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    The IRS got the court order last year and served it to bitcoin in December 2016. It's right there in the article? And yes its in English from what I can tell. Trump became president Jan 20th, 2017 right? So where is the connection to Trump?

IRS are cuunts
    Youre a retard.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Anything is possible. I just don't see how the US Govt can get an absolute 100% LOCK on this? It's like the shakedown on offshore wagering many years back. People still found a way to do it.

If bitcoin was somehow just in the USA.... I could see it happening. But because everyone world wide is doing it... how can the USA stop it? The only way is exactly what the article stated... INVADING YOUR PRIVACY. Which naturally is unconstitutional.
    Where was the shakedown on offshore gambling for the U.S.? Bush only did minimal things, they didnt really go after it for us, they could and can if they choose to.
    Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave jtoler 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Snowball

Trump is keeping Obama's IRS chairman in place.

The problems for bitcoin is that it doesn't exist, it has no intrinsic value
    and it is not a government-issued currency either. Long-term, I don't expect
    it to survive. Say this and get bashed wherever you say it, people are so irrantionally
    defensive about bit "coin".

DwightShrute

Trump is keeping Obama's IRS chairman in place.

The problems for bitcoin is that it doesn't exist, it has no intrinsic value
    and it is not a government-issued currency either. Long-term, I don't expect
    it to survive. Say this and get bashed wherever you say it, people are so irrantionally
    defensive about bit "coin".
    I doubt that Trump even cares about bitcoin at the moment and chances are he never will care. Who knows. He definitely never attacked bitcoin as the thread title suggests is all I am saying. I think you just got emotional about it (understandably so) and goofed. We all do. No biggie.

The rest of your post I concur.
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 03-27-17 at 04:27 PM.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

Youre a retard.
    Facts are definitely the enemy of you people.

It's awesome when braindead pieces of shit call other people retards. The fukkin internet in a nutshell.

TheMoneyShot

Where was the shakedown on offshore gambling for the U.S.? Bush only did minimal things, they didnt really go after it for us, they could and can if they choose to.
    Well... I think losing Paypal and Neteller was a huge blow.

I guess all the US could do with Bitcoin is basically tell companies like Coinbase etc to restrict US Citizens.

Snowball

I doubt that Trump even cares about bitcoin at the moment and chances are he never will care. Who knows. He definitely never attacked bitcoin as the thread title suggests is all I am saying. I think you just got emotional about it (understandably so) and goofed. We all do. No biggie.

The rest of your post I concur.
    How did I goof or get emotional ?
    you make my point. Can't even discuss news about the damn bitcoin
    without people getting their panties in a knot. It's bad. Sorry but the IRS is after
    bitcoin. People just don't want to believe that governments care about their money
    and that people should care if their money is spent on something that doesn't even exist.
    These are facts, not emotions. Insiders like Jamie Dimon, Christine Lagard, and Jack Lew
    have all said bitcoin will not last. There is no common sense involved in bitcoin mania,
    it's like a cult. I'm out of this thread, should have never posted the news.
    Last edited by Snowball; 03-27-17 at 04:34 PM.

reigle9

Where was the shakedown on offshore gambling for the U.S.?

yup, dumb kid as i expected

the entire online poker industry in the US was shutdown by the us government 6 years ago

DwightShrute

How did I goof or get emotional ?
    you make my point. Can't even discuss news about the damn bitcoin
    without people getting their panties in a knot. It's bad. Sorry but the IRS is after
    bitcoin. People just don't want to believe that governments care about their money
    and that people should care if their money is spent on something that doesn't even exist.
    These are facts, not emotions. Insiders like Jamie Dimon, Christine Lagard, and Jack Lew
    have all said bitcoin will not last. There is no common sense involved in bitcoin mania,
    it's like a cult. I'm out of this thread, should have never posted the news.
    all I am saying if you goofed with the title of the thread..... I told you Trump would attack bitcoin.

It isn't accurate. Just correcting you is all. Not gonna get into debate about it with you because there isn't anything to debate. And I sure as heck ain't getting my panties in a knot.

Trump didn't become president until 2017 and this article showed the IRS started all this last in 2016. End of story.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post

the entire online poker industry in the US was shutdown by the us government 6 years ago
    And I still play poker every day go figure. Besides we're talking about sports gambling.

Snowball

all I am saying if you goofed with the title of the thread..... I told you Trump would attack bitcoin.

It isn't accurate. Just correcting you is all. Not gonna get into debate about it with you because there isn't anything to debate. And I sure as heck ain't getting my panties in a knot.

Trump didn't become president until 2017 and this article showed the IRS started all this last in 2016. End of story.
    Dwight. The IRS is run by the exective branch. Trump runs the IRS.

"This week, the IRS filed new documents in federal court to compel"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-account-data/

DwightShrute

Dwight. The IRS is run by the exective branch. Trump runs the IRS.

"This week, the IRS filed new documents in federal court to compel"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyph...-account-data/

ya I remember all those rallies he had. All I heard was build the wall, replace obamacare, kill bitcoin, crooked Hilla

Ok man. You're right.
    Points Awarded:

Snowball gave DwightShrute 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post

That's not true. All they did was go after the big sites like poker stars and ultimatebet. A lot of the smaller places stayed open. I continued to play no problem.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

I really think eventually bitcoin will be just like what happened to netteller. They will ban it in the US because they will say it's only used for illegal activities. Which pretty much is true. Regular people are not using bitcoin like they thought would happen and bussiness are not accepting it like they said was going to happen.

MarBen
    MarBen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Trump = Dickhead

reigle9

blind trump haters = poor people that im impressed know how to work the internet

miltonschwartz
    miltonschwartz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

whats the score on silver? anyone have a clue? im thinking about dumping my stack to get back into the game. Giants buried me last night. I need to make a move