gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration
    we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

PARIS -- Whether it was the power of her prayers or her T-cells that did it, 116-year-old French nun Lucile Randon has survived COVID-19.

The nun, whose religious name is Sister Andre, is the second-oldest known living person in the world, according to the Gerontology Research Group, which validates details of people believed to be aged 110 or older.

French media report that the nun, whose religious name is Sister Andre, tested positive for the virus in mid-January in the southern French city of Toulon. But just three weeks later she is fit as a fiddle - albeit it in her regular wheelchair. She is even healthy enough to look forward to her 117th birthday on Thursday.

She told Var-Matin newspaper “I didn't even realize I had it.”

Sister Andre, who is blind, did not even worry when she heard the news of diagnosis.

“She didn't ask me about her health, but about her habits,” David Tavella, the communications manager for the care home where she lives, told the paper. “For example, she wanted to know if meal or bedtime schedules would change. She showed no fear of the disease. On the other hand, she was very concerned about the other residents.”

Not all shared Sister Andre's luck: In January, 81 of the 88 residents of the facility tested positive and about 10 died, according to the newspaper.

The nun is now reportedly officially cured - she was allowed to attend Mass.
    article and picture:
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...d-19-1.5301985

Sanity Check
    A Rising Tide Lifts All Ships
    Sanity Check's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12959

Satan in the bible translates roughly to adversary or obstruction.

Satan is an adversary and obstruction to human progress and development.

Those who block roads embody the spirit of satanism.

Their social movement opposes progress in all shapes & forms.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I’ve said a few things on here regarding my faith, probably from a very ignorant POV. I have lost damn near all my faith in God for many reasons that I’ll keep to myself, even though I’m usually an open book with my life. So whatever stupid shit I said to back this so called Lord & Savior Creator of the world. I take it all back & I’m becoming a person of an atheist state of mind.

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

I never believed in God until I fell in love with the doomsday cult mom Lori Vallow

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    What is time? Think about it. 樂
    I’m reading this book “ book of mysteries “ by Jonathan Cahn .... so far good read. On day 3 he discusses something called “ the shannah “ a Hebrew word that could mean duplicate, repeat, second.. a year is a shannah, it repeats itself. The rebirth.. as we walk on our path of life, there is choices and changes, in those changes, we carry them to a new place, a repeat with change.. new beginnings, new steps, walking in the newness, the next year will be a shannah of change...

I hope everyone has been doing well, and growing into new

God bless

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by Sanity Check View Post
    I don't know if I believe in eternal life or hell.

How does the story of Lazarus fit into either.

There’s a lot of good reads in this thread, especially talking about the unseen.. Paul mentions a 3rd heaven, Jews mention Sheol ( place of the dead ), Haiti’s, lake of fire, .. these are places, Jesus was in a place after He was crucified, on the third day He rose. No one knows the place Lazarus was, we know God has the power to raise the dead... or if they taste death at all, see Elijah ..

PD77
    Bitches!
    PD77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2326

Who is the bigger fool, the guy that doesn’t believe in god , or the guy on a GAMBLING forum trying to convince everyone there is a god? I’ll go with the latter.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by PD77 View Post
    Who is the bigger fool, the guy that doesn’t believe in god , or the guy on a GAMBLING forum trying to convince everyone there is a god? I’ll go with the latter.
    Man doesn’t convince ... The Spirit convicts ....

good seeing some of you in here, stay blessed.

Sanity Check

Quote Originally Posted by brainfreeze View Post
    Man doesn’t convince ... The Spirit convicts ....
    Man is obligated to do what they're able.

If they're lucky the spirit fills in the gaps.

Its never a people do nothing, God does everything plan.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Man is obligated to do what they're able.

If they're lucky the spirit fills in the gaps.

Its never a people do nothing, God does everything plan.

1 corinth 3:6

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

Sanity Check

1 corinth 3:6

6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
    There is a verse in the bible about God reaping without sowing. Its mentioned as if its some cheat hax.

On some level people feel entitled to interpret things in ways which reinforce their laziness, dependance and anti-intellectualism. Because of this, its common for people to feel entitled to be lazy and do absolutely nothing.. Thinking God is supposed to do all the work.

For those who truly wish to follow christianity, they're supposed to resist and attempt the opposite of those negative trends.

edit

Last edited by Sanity Check; 02-13-21 at 01:10 PM.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave Sanity Check 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

I have a lot to say ... but I’m not ... BUT WHAT I WILL SAY TO EVERYONE IS STOP GAMBLING LIKE THAT SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES AND MOVE ALONG ... I SAID THAT BECAUSE I CAN AND I DID 😂 FR GOD BLESS ....

brainfreeze
    Meaning

... 🥴
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-16-21 at 11:48 PM.

BOA12
    BOA12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2047

I have a lot to say ... but I’m not ... BUT WHAT I WILL SAY TO EVERYONE IS STOP GAMBLING LIKE THAT SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FAMILIES AND MOVE ALONG ... I SAID THAT BECAUSE I CAN AND I DID  FR GOD BLESS ....
    Guess, U R well loved, in The Bible Belt. Prefer suspenders, to Old Testament Christians. See that U R quoting The New. Good 4U, why it was it was written, to offset The Old. U agree, Man Of God? I know God does.

brainfreeze
    Meaning

Quote Originally Posted by BOA12 View Post
    Guess, U R well loved, in The Bible Belt. Prefer suspenders, to Old Testament Christians. See that U R quoting The New. Good 4U, why it was it was written, to offset The Old. U agree, Man Of God? I know God does.
    ... hi haven’t talked in a while, hope all is well. I’m just speaking in general...but yet you twist and turn to subjects well... idk what you’re trying to say but it looks cool tho?

Anyway.. everybody.. I know this sounds dumb Lol... but don’t mind me if you never see me post ❤️

you KNOW what to do....
    Last edited by brainfreeze; 02-16-21 at 06:13 AM.

Sanity Check

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

God 100 percent exists and there is without any uncertainty a heaven and a hell. I urge everyone who doesn’t believe to pick up a bible and read it page to page till you finish it. God knows and sees everything. Those who believe are filled with the spirit and those who don’t are lacking.

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    I urge everyone who doesn’t believe to pick up a bible and read it page to page till you finish it. .
    Just wrapping up Exodus

Exodus 21:1-36
    “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Don’t try to understand God because you won’t be able to make sense. Rather believe in God and you’ll be loved.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Just wrapping up Exodus

Exodus 21:1-36
    “Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. When you buy a Hebrew slave, he shall serve six years, and in the seventh he shall go out free, for nothing. If he comes in single, he shall go out single; if he comes in married, then his wife shall go out with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the wife and her children shall be her master's, and he shall go out alone. But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, my wife, and my children; I will not go out free
    I recommend reading the New Testament first. Than once you become a believer in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, go back and read the Old Testament.
    John 3:16
    For God so loved the world,
    that he gave his only begotten Son(Jesus Christ), that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Galatians 3:28
    28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Amen

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Very powerful scripture here that all non believers in this thread should take seriously. Non believers can't believe in God and will not experience and everlasting life in Heaven unless they accept Jesus Christ into their lives.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-21-21 at 04:42 PM.

Sanity Check

Don’t try to understand God because you won’t be able to make sense.

maggiethebestdog

Very powerful scripture here that all non believers in this thread should take seriously. Non believers can't believe in God and will not experience and everlasting life in Heaven unless they accept Jesus Christ into their lives.
    You guys seem to really know how things work, so I have a question

If I want to spend eternity in heaven with Lori Vallow, the Doomsday cult mom, do I need to hook up with her on earth, or just wait until I see her in heaven

I'm sure the answer is in the scriptures, but it is a long book

Thanks for the help

Nitrogen
    Chasing

I recommend reading the New Testament first. Than once you become a believer in Jesus Christ as your lord and savior, go back and read the Old Testament.
    I've read the bible multiple times. How will re-reading the new testament square that circle about the whole "slaves are cool"

It's the word of God - but he couldn't slip in a "you know - people shouldn't own people"? I mean, he even seemed cool with it.
    Last edited by Nitrogen; 02-21-21 at 08:42 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

I've read the bible multiple times. How will re-reading the new testament square that circle about the whole "slaves are cool"

It's the word of God - but he couldn't slip in a "you know - people shouldn't own people"? I mean, he even seemed cool with it.
    Slaves were okay during the time of the Old Testament but once Jesus came into this world and people accepted him into their lives it became unacceptable.

God has a plan for everyone. Just because someone during the Old Testament was born a slave doesn't mean they would be a slave forever come the time for them to reach heaven. If you do a good job down on earth you will be rewarded. If you don't do a good job you will be punished.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-21-21 at 08:51 PM.

Nitrogen
    Chasing

Slaves were okay during the time of the Old Testament but once Jesus came into this world and people accepted him into their lives it became unacceptable.
    The books of the bible are supposed to be the word of God. Why did it take until Jesus' arrival for the "word of God" to suddenly lay off the slave stuff? Why wasn't "thou shalt own another human" part of Gods word prior to Jesus?

Maybe...and hear me out - maybe the books were just written by humans on their own.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Stop critiquing the bible and accept it as the truth. God created you and he has the power to give you eternal life or destroy you.

I'm sure if you read it multiple times you would have come across this verse to warn all people to accept God or prepare for his wrath.

Revelation 9:15, NIV: "And the four angels who had been kept ready for this very hour and day and month and year were released to kill a third of mankind."

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

The books of the bible are supposed to be the word of God. Why did it take until Jesus' arrival for the "word of God" to suddenly lay off the slave stuff? Why wasn't "thou shalt own another human" part of Gods word prior to Jesus?

Maybe...and hear me out - maybe the books were just written by humans on their own.
    God is our creator and he has a plan for this world. He set this world up not so you or me can make sense of it all but so that he can make the best world possible in his mind not ours. Now best doesnt mean easiest, or most wonderful, but just means the best in his mind. IF you had a tougher life and believe in God you will be rewarded more than someone he had an easier life. It might not seem fair to you what happened in the past or what might happen in your daily life, but if accept Jesus Christ into your life(God's only son) you will become a better person, a more loving person, and have eternal life.

Do you know how great eternal life in heaven is? It's the greatest existence ever. God is not a cruel entity. If you love his son and ask for forgiveness for your sins he will love you as well.
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-21-21 at 09:11 PM.

maggiethebestdog

God has a plan for everyone. Just because someone during the Old Testament was born a slave doesn't mean they would be a slave forever come the time for them to reach heaven. If you do a good job down on earth you will be rewarded. If you don't do a good job you will be punished.
    Is it still OK if I kill my neighbor for working on a Sunday????

How bout if I treat a woman as an equal to a man????

If I go to church, and a woman speaks out loud, should I reprimand her???

I'm not sure if that stuff is still "acceptable" or it changed when Jesus showed up

Sorry for my ignorance
    I'm glad you are here to straighten me out

Thanks again

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

If the books are man made and not the word of God than why do passages in the OLD Testament speak about the arrival of Jesus Christ on earth hundreds and hundreds of years prior to him being born?
    Last edited by bonzaii; 02-21-21 at 09:26 PM.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    Is it still OK if I kill my neighbor for working on a Sunday????

How bout if I treat a woman as an equal to a man????

If I go to church, and a woman speaks out loud, should I reprimand her???

I'm not sure if that stuff is still "acceptable" or it changed when Jesus showed up

Sorry for my ignorance
    I'm glad you are here to straighten me out

Thanks again
    1. Thou Shall not kill

2. Women are to be loved by their husbands and vice versa. A women's job is to take care of the family and do the household chores while the husband does the work outside the home.

3. Why does it have to be a woman? You shouldn't speak when in church when the priest is speaking.

maggiethebestdog

1. Thou Shall not kill

2. Women are to be loved by their husbands and vice versa. A women's job is to take care of the family and do the household chores while the husband does the work outside the home.

3. Why does it have to be a woman? You shouldn't speak when in church when the priest is speaking.
    I see the problem

You have no idea what's in the Bible, or the context of its commands

Never mind

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    I see the problem

You have no idea what's in the Bible, or the context of its commands

Never mind
    Enjoy the little life you have left. If you think you can just walk away from this you wont. It wont be easy for you.

First ... 118119120121122123124 ... Last