InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

High School wins 91-0, opponents parent files formal bullying report

you cant make this shit up

Aledo's coaches said they did everything but take a knee Friday night to hold the score down against Western Hills.
    They still won 91-0.

The parent of a Western Hills player filed a formal complaint accusing Aledo's coaches of bullying. Aledo released a copy of the complaint with the writer’s named blacked out. It appears to be from a father struggling to make the game a teachable moment for his son.
    "We all witnessed bullying first hand, it is not a pretty sight," he wrote.
    "You don't want to see their kids give up 91 points," responded Aledo head coach Tim Buchanan. "Our kids aren't very excited at the end of the game, either."
    Buchanan said neither his coaches nor his players bullied the losing team.
    In the complaint, the father wrote: "I did not know what to say on the ride home to explain the behavior of the Aledo coaches for not easing up."
    "I'm not going to ask a football player to go out on the field and not play hard," Coach Buchanan responded, saying that would be insulting to opponents and unfair to his own players who have practiced so hard.
    Buchanan said his starters played only about half the game on Friday night.
    The Western Hills parent said the lopsided game provided a bad lesson for both teams, writing: "I thought how tough it must have been for the parents of the Aledo football players to explain what happened..."
    Aledo's superintendent answered that coaches did use the game as a teaching moment, but not the negative lesson alleged in the bullying complaint.
    "I can tell you, our kids learn from our coaches' compassion, and slowing things down," said Superintendent Derek Citty. "It could have been worse than what it was."
    Citty said Aledo’s principal talked to the parent, and described him as a gentleman expressing his concern.
    Aledo's superintendent hopes the University Scholastic League moves the school into a tougher district next year. The powerhouse program ended up playing weaker Fort Worth teams after Dunbar High moved up to 4A, forcing the UIL to realign districts before last season.
    Dunbar has a 3A student population, but is also undefeated this season.
    As for this season's Aledo team, even the concerned Western HIlls parent thanked them for showing respect and good sportsmanship to his son.

pulledclear
    pulledclear's Avatar Become A Pro!

This country is SO FCKD!

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

File an official pussification complaint, or at the very least a pansy ass parent complaint. An "official bullying complaint"? What is this?

Don't teach your kids to cry when he legitimately gets his ass kicked. Pat him on the back for stepping on the field.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Had O 92.5 in this fukkin game,
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: sando, and The iron sheik

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    unfukkinrale...i tailed and made it my 2x pick in btp
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

Sarunas
    Sarunas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

liberals

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

I'd pay good money to see the dad.... good chances are he looks like this

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

91-0

Business as usual

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    File an official pussification complaint, or at the very least a pansy ass parent complaint. An "official bullying complaint"? What is this?

Don't teach your kids to cry when he legitimately gets his ass kicked. Pat him on the back for stepping on the field.
    It's the damn bully campaigns that suddenly swept across the US. Like bullying is something new in humankind. Fight your own battles, man up, deal with it.

This takes the cake, it's effing football.

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

The other team should file an action against the losing team for impersonating a football team.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15072

I don't agree with the dad, but tell me what you think of this.: A 50 pt mercy rule in HS football. There's a 10 run rule in baseball/softball. After a football team goes up by 50, call the game. The other team aint coming back. Think about it...

- It's embarrassing, but not like getting beat by 90
    - Still plenty of time for the winning team to get their scrubs some playing time
    - Less chance of a kid getting injured. No need to play if the outcome is already decided.
    - Situations like this one in Texas (which have happened before) go away.

My baseball team in high school got housed a few times and fell to the ten run rule, and it sucked, but I was still pumped for another chance next game. If we lost by 40 on the other hand, that would have been really tough to deal with.

At this age, they're still kids, and not every kid gets to play for a winning program. Most of them play for average or suckass programs. Let them learn how to deal with losing, bad losing even, but don't completely take the wind out of their sails. Put a mercy rule in to prevent this. JMO

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

A running clock when the score gets to a margin of 35 or more; game over at 45 or more. Give all the kids a trophy.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I don't agree with the dad, but tell me what you think of this.: A 50 pt mercy rule in HS football. There's a 10 run rule in baseball/softball. After a football team goes up by 50, call the game. The other team aint coming back. Think about it...

- It's embarrassing, but not like getting beat by 90
    - Still plenty of time for the winning team to get their scrubs some playing time
    - Less chance of a kid getting injured. No need to play if the outcome is already decided.
    - Situations like this one in Texas (which have happened before) go away.

My baseball team in high school got housed a few times and fell to the ten run rule, and it sucked, but I was still pumped for another chance next game. If we lost by 40 on the other hand, that would have been really tough to deal with.

At this age, they're still kids, and not every kid gets to play for a winning program. Most of them play for average or suckass programs. Let them learn how to deal with losing, bad losing even, but don't completely take the wind out of their sails. Put a mercy rule in to prevent this. JMO
    good idea. and this help keep the winning teams players from getting hurt as well.

If i'm on defense and my team is down over 50 points i'm going for helmet to helmet shots and taking out knees, late hits on the QB..

but in this case western hills should probably go join a private school conference so they dont have to play against the "brothas"

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    A running clock when the score gets to a margin of 35 or more; game over at 45 or more. Give all the kids a trophy.
    lol. Yeah the dumbest thing is that all little league players / tee ball players get a trophy

Then when they get to middle school they are shell shocked when the coach cuts them from the football team b/c
    "they dont have enough
    equipment/ jerseys for everyone"

the real world is cruel and unforgiving. Your setting these kids up for failure by giving kids trophys that are on losing teams.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

spread was 92

i got buried

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The majority of the scoring came from running plays. If a team can't stop the run, you cannot expect the offensive players to go down on their own.

As far as a mercy rule, if your team is going to lose 50-0, then you might as well lose 100-0.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by nvrlose37 View Post
    It's the damn bully campaigns that suddenly swept across the US. Like bullying is something new in humankind. Fight your own battles, man up, deal with it.

This takes the cake, it's effing football.

The 2010's are all about glorifying the art of bullying and praising being a homosexual.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    spread was 92

i got buried
    roody betdrinker.com had it at -89.5 on monday and it went to 91.5 by thursday

snooze ya lose pal

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    spread was 92

i got buried
    LVK1 beat you to that joke.
    Yours was much funnier though, Rudy!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

That kid probably wasn't bullied in the game, but his parents just guaranteed he will be in the future.