EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Motivation!!!

Alright guys, I've been meaning to start this thread for a long time now and for whatever reason I chose 2night. Maybe because I just went for a run and did a few agility drills and i'm all amped up! Anyways, I'm a huge fan of positivity and mental toughness. I've done some really dumb things in my life and have made many mistakes, some involving gambling. The reason most of us are here. I've played heavy chalk, chased, parleyed, teased and money lined the fuk out of myself in the past but I've lived and learned and I'm a more responsible gambler now. I've also had some really nice runs. I don't claim to be a betting guru (see college bball handicapping thread), nor an odds genious or even smart enough to pass high school math (failed 10th grade), but I love the grind. It's like life. You live and learn and hope to improve daily.

Now the point of this thread is to bring us all together in strength and faith. I don't want this thread to get negative or get nasty between posters. It's all love in here.

The intentions of this thread is to spread positivity and motivational thoughts and positive thinking to all our lives with whatever you do. If you have any goals and want to share them please do. As for myself, I have plenty of goals and I guess I will use this thread for them along with any thoughts on games. Although I am not rich from gambling or a professional by any means I do know sports and I believe my insight can be helpful. Soooo, let's go.....

I'll start, why I was up working out is because I am going to run a 9k in July. I am not a runner I must say. I am an athlete but x country running was neevvverr my thing. My girl thought it would be a great idea to run a 9k haha, so i'm gonna train and get myself into good shape.

Other goals for the long term are getting a better job and saving up and buying a house. Paying off college loans and other debts.

To help me get motivated or feel better in times of despair I always like to read inspirational quotes I have obtained over the years. Whenever I see a quote I like I either write it down or put it in my blackberry. In this thread I will always put a quote in here that is motivational, and hopefully it helps motivate my peoples on SBR get motivated to accomplish whatever their goals are. I will give credit when due in regards to the quotes. My first quote will be one I live by and believe very strongly.

" Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." ~George Bernard Shaw

I hope you guys will add quotes that motivate you so I can be motivated by them as well, and I hope you guys share your goals here with me too if you want.

" What the mind of man can concieve and believe, it can achieve." ~Napolean Hill

I am always on SBR at work which sometimes can be counter productive b/c a lot of my earnings is commision based. So whenever I am lolly gagging around here reading non sense threads or just checking lines or reading threads in the sub forums I can stop by this thread and remember I've got goals that need to be accomplished and I've got to go out and make it happen. Well on that note I'm going to sleep to wake up make a nice breakfast and get on that daily.

Let's get it!!!
    Last edited by EDDIE MONEY LINE; 03-01-11 at 12:53 AM.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Is this a joke?

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Good luck to the person who wants to read that.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Real gamblers don't sleep

You can sleep when you die, why waste time..

You should be studying the lines right now

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
    Very true.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Real gamblers don't sleep You can sleep when you die, why waste time.. You should be studying the lines right now
    Your right!!! I actually just took a massive shiit. I took some pills that are supposed to be good for digestion earlier...Papaya I think, absolutely cleaning out my system.

Sleep is essential tho, gotta be up in a few hours. Good luck to everyone 2maro!!!

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

I wish you the best my friend.

Yours in Christ,
    Extra Innings

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I wish you the best my friend. Yours in Christ, Extra Innings
    Thanks buddy, you as well in everything you do

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Sounds like the thread Rod started. Didn't realize all the motivational speakers in this forum bunch of Tony Robbins fans i see ha.

JMobile
    CM Punk -1000.5 (100X)
    JMobile's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26848

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Good luck to the person who wants to read that.
    I read the first sentence and scrolled down to see how much was left and just gave up. So much for the motivition, huh?

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

I've slept 3 hours but had a bad dream. In the dream I put 1k on the 76ers @cleveland. they were up 8 points with a minute left but lost in overtime ... when I woke up I had to think twice if I had really placed this bet... luckily it was just a dream - what a relief haha

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Aight big day 2day. Meet all daily goals at work. Post a few winners in NCAA thread. Get above 50% for the season 2day. Run 1.5 mile. Apply for a career that is something I would love to do and think is way above me.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." ~ Thomas Edison

"Energy and persistence conquer all things." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Let's Go!!!!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

GL eddie

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

YES You CAN

Tony Robbins

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

YeS! *cartwheel* YES! *cartwheel* YES! *cartwheel* YES!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by Mexes View Post
    I've slept 3 hours but had a bad dream. In the dream I put 1k on the 76ers @cleveland. they were up 8 points with a minute left but lost in overtime ... when I woke up I had to think twice if I had really placed this bet... luckily it was just a dream - what a relief haha
    Good stuff, I've placed bets in my dreams as well. Just sucks when ur winning though but then you wake up and realize it was all bullshit

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets

Well just got some horrible news delivered to me...really pissed me off and gonna make my life miserable for a while. I am not going to let it ruin my mood for long. It's gonna crush my wallet and really piss me off but it will not keep me down for long. Time to man up!

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall” ~Confucius

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!