Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Silly question Obviously if you're a gambler its in your own personal interest for other gamblers to lose Welcome to the world of gambling

How is it in your personal interest that other gamblers lose? If I am betting a sporting event, how does other players losing benefit me? I don't believe my question was silly. As far as welcoming me to the world of gambling, I have been around a long enough time unfortunately..lol.

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

"Some people get their kick stompin' on a dream"

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    I am doing my best not to say something juvenile and witty, but you are making it hard. Why would somebody root FOR Vegas..LMAO!! Not only that, even if somebody did, you comment doesn't make any sense!!! If you were rooting for the city of Vegas over somebody that wants to move to Vegas, you ENCOURAGE that person to move there (so they can LOSE their $$). Once again your comment about irony and hypocrisy is beyond baseless. I implore you to look up the definition of irony. I have never bragged about my moral superiority. As far as listing me with politicians is worth a chuckle though. Crustyme, like I said in the last response, I like debate and banter but you have to bring a sensical argument to the table. When you can do that on this thread, I will be happy to have said debate. have a good day.

actually your entire thread makes no sense according to your own "logic". so you created this thread because you think people are angry and jealous over some anonymous poster wanting to move to vegas?

why would anyone be jealous about that???? anyone could do the same if they wanted to. so explain why anyone would be jealous of such a inane thing.

yeah keep avoiding. i wouldnt know how to defend myself either if i played moral cop and got caught commiting the very crime you declared that only jealous people do. lol

Casperwaits
    West Side Story
    Casperwaits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Okay, let's try this SLOWLY so you can comprehend. I haven't avoided your statements at all. As far as anyone can move to Vegas, yes most people PHYSICALLY can move there, but many don't have the courage or in some cases stupidity to pack up everything and move away. People tend to stay close by to where they are born and raised. That is FACT. As far as why I created the post, it wasn't crdeated solely on that gentleman being mocked to wanting to move to Vegas. I see many posts by people slamming others after their picks lose, or condeming them for making that pick to begin with. Your last point about playing moral cop, I have already answered that. If your next response is as weak and poorly written as your last 3, I will not respond. I hoped your argument would get better but alas, I think this conversation is over. Good luck in your travels Crustyme.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

so you really believe that people are jealous of his moving? LOL

you really are nuttier than you look. judging by the responses in his thread NO ONE is jealous of his moving. anyone can pack up and move. actually millions of people move every day. they seem more concerned with him abandoning his family and bringing $25k in an attempt at a pro gambling career. theres also responses from others who attempted the same career and failed.

but i wouldnt expect someone who is so wrapped up in his own superiority and bullshit to see that.

again, please explain how its not ironic or hypocritical when you claim to take the moral high road because you are the moral pope yet continually take pot shots at mark sanchez and his fans? jealous much?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Moving to Vegas is one of worst things you can do if you gamble daily.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

This is the case because knowing others fail, makes that poster that is doing the hating feel better about themselves.

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

People want other posters to fail because of the amount of time and energy they put into gambling. If everyone is failing, you do not feel as bad when you are losing.

However, if others are successful it is harder to accept why you are not also winning.

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Quote Originally Posted by Casperwaits View Post
    How is it in your personal interest that other gamblers lose? If I am betting a sporting event, how does other players losing benefit me? I don't believe my question was silly. As far as welcoming me to the world of gambling, I have been around a long enough time unfortunately..lol.
    Its just the reality of any market. You want liquidity. If everyone wins, how would you ever get paid out?

Not to mention that if the books are cleaning up, they're less likely to care about whatever money leaks they do have.

actor
    actor's Avatar Become A Pro!

They are loosers, so simple reason

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Silly question

Obviously if you're a gambler its in your own personal interest for other gamblers to lose

Welcome to the world of gambling
    This. Also you can apply this to every job/career. You think I care is some guy gets passed over for a promotion and I get it. NO! Screw him, its my money. I wouldn't mind if half the people at my job got fired as long as I get to keep mine and got paid more. Sorry, its just the way it is. Its just business. Naturally I dont mix career life with personal life. That way I am never plotting on my pals.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

LVBound probably has 12-15 years service as a police officer w/ a pension. Letting that go (moving away from his kids and wife) to move to Vegas is slightly absurd.

First 12