1. #1
    DanielleS
    DanielleS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-06-11
    Posts: 6

    SBR - Deaf Ears?

    Let me start by saying, I'm a big fan of SBR. I've read forums over the last few months and although I just joined today, I can see they've done a great service for the the industry...BUT..

    I've been trying to get through to them for the last months, and I feel like I've fallen on deaf ears.

    Legends Sports Book took my $500 bonus after I completed the rollover (and won a bit in the process). They told me I was "account sharing," a completely unfounded accusation and in my opinion had a lot to do with my wins there.

    SBR kindly intervened on my behalf, and came back (after a month of talking to Legends) with this:

    "
    Danielle,

    Your account was linked directly by IP address to the account that withdrew after redeeming the bonus. That account was opened as a USA customer but itís IP was Australian, the same as yours.

    Iíve asked Legends to break down their evidence further, and if they can show that this wouldnít be a false-positive.

    Best regards,
    Lou
    "


    This is completely ludicrus. I'm Australian. I would never open an account as a USA customer.. why would I? - frankly, I didn't even think US customers could bet!



    I explained this to SBR..



    Who came back with:


    "

    Daniellie,

    Could you e-mail Bill with a telephone number and a time you are available to discuss your dispute?

    Regards,
    Lou
    "


    Which was and is absolutely fine by me. I told them as much, provided my phone number.. this was back in early December. I've sent no less then three follow up emails afterwards, wondering when they were going to contact me. Nothing. Its been completely dead. I've been trying to contact both Bill and Lou from SBR (I send my emails to both of them) but to no avail.


    I have seen SBR critisise sports books for missing telephone conferences.. I'm simply staggered SBR hasn't responded. I think if they were a sportsbook, I would post..

    SBR .. downgraded to C-

    So SBR?

  2. #2
    mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-04-09
    Posts: 10,509
    Betpoints: 12779

    hmmm ... good luck

  3. #3
    tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-30-06
    Posts: 9,238
    Betpoints: 6309

    I hope you can get this resolved soon.

  4. #4
    MadTiger
    Wait 'til next year!
    MadTiger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-19-09
    Posts: 2,724
    Betpoints: 46

    I feel you.

    If someone accuses me, I am hot about it, too.
    And without any sort of proof shown?
    And it's over money (a penny or $100,000 is the same principle).

    SBR, return to your roots. You started off as the Bettor's Champion, but ya backslid.

  5. #5
    SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-28-10
    Posts: 4,177
    Betpoints: 6839

    why did you register with legends man?

    australia has so many books that are way better than the crappy american ones

  6. #6
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    why did you register with legends man?

    australia has so many books that are way better than the crappy american ones
    Good points

    If your in Australia their is no need to use usa type books, everything simple also as far as funding, withdrawing

  7. #7
    pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-12-07
    Posts: 80,783
    Betpoints: 31


  8. #8
    benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-19-09
    Posts: 2,160
    Betpoints: 2073

    Best of luck getting this resolved.

  9. #9
    Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-23-06
    Posts: 1,403
    Betpoints: 169

    Curious to learn more, keep us posted.

  10. #10
    minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-17-07
    Posts: 10,282
    Betpoints: 3429

    Beard

  11. #11
    doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-26-10
    Posts: 14,096
    Betpoints: 18

    lets see you are complaining about sbr not helping you enough and you was not even a member till today. Be thankful they have taken the time to try and help you since no one else is.

  12. #12
    mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-20-09
    Posts: 4,215
    Betpoints: 84

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleS View Post
    Let me start by saying, I'm a big fan of SBR. I've read forums over the last few months and although I just joined today, I can see they've done a great service for the the industry...BUT..

    I've been trying to get through to them for the last months, and I feel like I've fallen on deaf ears.

    Legends Sports Book took my $500 bonus after I completed the rollover (and won a bit in the process). They told me I was "account sharing," a completely unfounded accusation and in my opinion had a lot to do with my wins there.

    SBR kindly intervened on my behalf, and came back (after a month of talking to Legends) with this:

    "
    Danielle,

    Your account was linked directly by IP address to the account that withdrew after redeeming the bonus. That account was opened as a USA customer but itís IP was Australian, the same as yours.

    Iíve asked Legends to break down their evidence further, and if they can show that this wouldnít be a false-positive.

    Best regards,
    Lou
    "


    This is completely ludicrus. I'm Australian. I would never open an account as a USA customer.. why would I? - frankly, I didn't even think US customers could bet!



    I explained this to SBR..



    Who came back with:


    "

    Daniellie,

    Could you e-mail Bill with a telephone number and a time you are available to discuss your dispute?

    Regards,
    Lou
    "


    Which was and is absolutely fine by me. I told them as much, provided my phone number.. this was back in early December. I've sent no less then three follow up emails afterwards, wondering when they were going to contact me. Nothing. Its been completely dead. I've been trying to contact both Bill and Lou from SBR (I send my emails to both of them) but to no avail.


    I have seen SBR critisise sports books for missing telephone conferences.. I'm simply staggered SBR hasn't responded. I think if they were a sportsbook, I would post..

    SBR .. downgraded to C-

    So SBR?
    do me a favor and dont go up to two posts

  13. #13
    Richkas
    Richkas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-03-08
    Posts: 19,399

    IP's don't lie bud.

  14. #14
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,496
    Betpoints: 38834

    I thought when I saw the title "deaf ears" you had been ignored. First of all welcome to the forum, secondly the book was contacted and you were told that you opened two accounts. I'm not sure if those facts are correct but we did contact them on your behalf so the 'deaf ears' part is misleading and sometimes misleading can be kind of chronic.

  15. #15
    mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-20-09
    Posts: 4,215
    Betpoints: 84

    Where the F is Kayne when you need him?

  16. #16
    Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-29-06
    Posts: 6,881
    Betpoints: 10682

    Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    do me a favor and dont go up to two posts
    The guy has a beef, he brought it up here in a very gentleman like way,and you got to stick your nose into his buisness and bust his balls.

    SBR is or was(not sure any more) a site where if you had a problem with a book they would get involved,thats all the OP is asking and according to him they have ignored his e-mails the last month,he wants to know what gives.

    what did he do so wrong here to make you and the guy who posted above you lash out at him?

    why the fv.c.k would he do you any favors,talking about favors do the board a favor and don't go up to 800 posts.

    If he used multiple accounts let SBR get to the bottom of it, and announce to the board how he tried to make a move on Legends,then you can curse him out.

    Would it make you feel better if he had 2846 posts and the same beef? you ignorant f.v.c.k.

  17. #17
    DanielleS
    DanielleS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-06-11
    Posts: 6

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    I thought when I saw the title "deaf ears" you had been ignored. First of all welcome to the forum, secondly the book was contacted and you were told that you opened two accounts. I'm not sure if those facts are correct but we did contact them on your behalf so the 'deaf ears' part is misleading and sometimes misleading can be kind of chronic.
    I explicitly stated that SBR did contact the book for me. Absolutely, but, SBRJohn, anyone can contact a book on my behalf. Thats easy. Its SBR role in mediating and resolving conflicts between Sportsbooks and Players that I was hoping to employ. Right now, all SBR did was contact the book. They didn't do anything but take the book at face value and ignore all the information and facts I presented.
    SBR did offer to call me and discuss the issue, and I supplied my phone number, but they never, ever called. They never emailed back. I've sent a brevy of emails and they've failed to reply. They said. I was completely and utterly "ignored." Hence the very fair title, I thought of "deaf ears."

    What IP sharing? Why would I possibly register as a US customer? I'm utterly dumbfounded by the allegations. I found Legends through SBR, and I can see my folly. SBR clearly cannot remain impartial when they recieve sponsorship from SportsBooks.

    This is the last email I sent SBR

    "
    Hi Bill & Lou,

    I've sent you both my phone number and available hours three times in the past couple of weeks and have heard nothing back.

    Is SBR still able/willing to help me with this issue?

    I've heard of hundereds of cases where SBR has intervened on behalf of the player to resolve sporting book issues, and know you have a strong reputation in the industry, but it seems my complaint is being overlooked. Is there any reason for this?

    Regards,
    "

    SBR downgraded to a D

  18. #18
    DanielleS
    DanielleS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-06-11
    Posts: 6

    Just wanted to let you know that Legends finally did the right thing and gave me back my $500.

    Thankyou very much to SBR.

    SBR Rating increased to A

  19. #19
    FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-29-10
    Posts: 3,809
    Betpoints: 494

    Good to hear.

  20. #20
    wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-22-08
    Posts: 12,983
    Betpoints: 60

    oh the whiny bitch got his money

    you have zero right to bad mouth sbr u loser

  21. #21
    Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-01-10
    Posts: 16,034
    Betpoints: 25

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleS View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that Legends finally did the right thing and gave me back my $500.

    Thankyou very much to SBR.

    SBR Rating increased to A

    Thank God....now I'll be able to sleep tonight

  22. #22
    obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 12-31-08
    Posts: 17,823

    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleS View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that Legends finally did the right thing and gave me back my $500.

    Thankyou very much to SBR.

    SBR Rating increased to A

  23. #23
    urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-27-09
    Posts: 1,722

    C'mon SBR, you should be working much harder for us paying customers. Oh wait...

  24. #24
    SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-12-05
    Posts: 16,496
    Betpoints: 38834

    Quote Originally Posted by urge2kill View Post
    C'mon SBR, you should be working much harder for us paying customers. Oh wait...

  25. #25
    Alfie B
    Alfie B's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 03-12-08
    Posts: 488

    Quote Originally Posted by Richkas View Post
    IP's don't lie bud.
    Maybe they don't lie, but they can very easily be manipulated to show an email from say Russia came from the US. I see it all the time in my part time hobby of busting dating scammers and wasting their time. Come to think of it they do lie.

  26. #26
    Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-08-09
    Posts: 11,779
    Betpoints: 8030

    nice

  27. #27
    Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 07-31-06
    Posts: 8,577

    Sometimes disputes take awhile to resolve. This is especially the case if there is a factual dispute (as it sounds like there was here).

  28. #28
    THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-27-09
    Posts: 17,707

    glad to hear

  29. #29
    Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-11-10
    Posts: 3,665

    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Read through all of this and was bored so i played the vid and re-read and it was mindblowing. Thx

Top