What to make of these games. Louisville at home vs FIU -3? Trap?
Not sure about ASU Mizz
neverstoppers23
SBR Hall of Famer
11-26-09
6302
#2
Yeah, not to sure what to do about Louisville.
Maybe do a 7 point teaser with Asu and Lousiville.
+4.5 Lousivvle -3 Asu?
Comment
scarp
SBR Wise Guy
01-12-10
697
#3
Mizzou's offense is bad this year. Liking ASU, but not sure on spread
Comment
Cougar Bait
SBR Posting Legend
10-04-07
18282
#4
Originally posted by neverstoppers23
Yeah, not to sure what to do about Louisville.
Maybe do a 7 point teaser with Asu and Lousiville.
+4.5 Lousivvle -3 Asu?
Teasing through zero is -EV
Comment
dfberger23
SBR Hall of Famer
11-08-10
5069
#5
Not touching Louisville game, on Mizzou +9.5 but it is now at +10, really like that play.
Comment
Cougar Bait
SBR Posting Legend
10-04-07
18282
#6
If you tease anything tonight I suggest Florida International and the over
FIU will put up some points, and give them up
I think they could win outright, tough environment though
Comment
lesterdymond
SBR MVP
07-25-11
2353
#7
Taking Mizzou with that jump to +10.
Comment
#8
Under in the ASU game for me. Small play on FIU as well.
Comment
neverstoppers23
SBR Hall of Famer
11-26-09
6302
#9
Originally posted by Cougar Bait
Teasing through zero is -EV
whys that?
Comment
neverstoppers23
SBR Hall of Famer
11-26-09
6302
#10
So called I did not have any action on Louisville tonight. Woot Woot.
Comment
Cougar Bait
SBR Posting Legend
10-04-07
18282
#11
Originally posted by neverstoppers23
whys that?
It's just a common belief is all. I don't know what the numbers say as to if it is more or less profitable. However for me, that strategy has been -EV so I stopped doing it altogether. I have had a lot more success teasing +1.5 to +2.5 underdogs and -7.5 to -8.5 favorites. It's profitable when given the right teaser odds. In both of these teaser options when moving the spread six points, you’re capturing a win on what would have been a loss. And in the same case tonight you can see the real value on teasing the dog up to +10 as opposed to making Louisville the small dog.