TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

My minds still blown that an accepted btc store order won’t be honored bc it wasn’t before October 14th. Why does that dare matter? If they are still paying out btc weekly contests you couldn’t copy and paste a few store orders also? I guess I have 6,667 useless points returning to me at some point

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    My minds still blown that an accepted btc store order won’t be honored bc it wasn’t before October 14th. Why does that dare matter? If they are still paying out btc weekly contests you couldn’t copy and paste a few store orders also? I guess I have 6,667 useless points returning to me at some point
    Because that is the date that the ownership changed hands and the new ownership was not responsible.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I'm not holding my breath. They're so far behind now on even free plays from trivia.....
    Oh man, that is not good. how come one of the remaining mod's can't just add those?
    seems like a simple deal, put the $150 in your sports book account

Daniel Espinosa
    Daniel Espinosa's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 34193

At least they should honor last orders post Oct 14th...

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Espinosa View Post
    At least they should honor last orders post Oct 14th...
    Should honor all orders until they were taken out of the store. Common sense stuff
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: A Quant, Daniel Espinosa, and milwaukee mike

A Quant
    A Quant's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4967

Yeah—— all orders up until the point the option was removed from the store should be honored.

If they are paying out the football contest—then why not?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

New owners come in. The first order of business is to cancel all store orders, not pay winning prizes in contests or trivia and empty the store where you use the currency of your membership.

I'd bet you there is no better way to WOW your customers!

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5453

Just received my BTC payout for week 7. Anyone looking for a BTC payment should check their account.
    Points Awarded:

Tanko gave BigOrange 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY, pimike, and Coolcanuck79

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Should honor all orders until they were taken out of the store. Common sense stuff
    yeah and SBR still has not refunded my points from a cancelled order. Hope they are not in the business of being point stiffs? I know points are worthless But I owe the front man some ducks.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90338

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Just received my BTC payout for week 7. Anyone looking for a BTC payment should check their account.
    Still waiting.

Nothing here.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Big o

Just saw it!!

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24856

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Big o
    Just saw it!!

How you doing PiMike? I hope you are feeling better each day. Take care.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    How you doing PiMike? I hope you are feeling better each day. Take care.
    Thanks!!

Getting stronger each day.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Thanks!!

Getting stronger each day.
    welcome back sir
    i hope you are in good health

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    welcome back sir
    i hope you are in good health
    Thanks Dawg!

stil370
    stil370's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2278

Quote Originally Posted by A Quant View Post
    Yeah—— all orders up until the point the option was removed from the store should be honored.

If they are paying out the football contest—then why not?
    ARE they they paying out the football contest?

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57565

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Because that is the date that the ownership changed hands and the new ownership was not responsible.
    That's the worst part - Absolutely no warning or heads up on the shutdown! At least give us a chance to redeem the points which were accumulated in good faith...

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Wasn't the old business model of this place based around getting US bettors to play at the best off-shore books, and in return SBR got money from referral links/sign-ups? There isn't google adsense on here, or any sort of targeted marketing ads in sidebars, headers or footers.

And if the new owners are going to be about promoting legal US books for the States that allow it - aren't those books already promoting the hell outta themselves in said legal States with geo targeted ads across social media, terrestrial radio, cable TV, etc.?
    I don't see the upside to this being a site and forum being sponsored by a handful of books that bettors in certain States will already be aware of existing.
    Unless this site and forum is going to start having ads in sidebars, footers and headers for things like razors, balms, creams, potions, lotions, cbd oils, boner pills, meal kits, mortgage refinancing, etc. etc., then I don't get how it plans to make money.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    That's the worst part - Absolutely no warning or heads up on the shutdown! At least give us a chance to redeem the points which were accumulated in good faith...
    I think that was kind of the point of it.

Sea Turtle
    Sea Turtle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1101

Only way for you guys to fight back is stop playing at an SBR sites you signed up at through here.

Would stop the new owners revenue streams.

Roger T. Bannon

It seems SBR still has its revenue streams. The new ownership doesn't have any. But this seems it may be some kind of partnership. In any case, this was never a healthy relationship. SBR was taking advantage of its posters and the posters were taking advantage of SBR. It could never end well. It was just a shock that it happened so suddenly.

The way to look at it is that SBR just disappeared. It would be a lot better if the new site came up on the day of the announcement. But we have to get through the football contest.

To SBR's credit, they knew this was happening and did still do the football contest and are apparently going to pay out on it so it was a nice going away present. You will never get a contest like it again.

carolinakid
    carolinakid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3661

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Many of us have been here for a long, long time. To think this site would've just been sold with no plan, thought or consideration is rather foolish if you've ever met or even just interacted with those who - had/may still for all I know - a controlling interest here.

Yes it's frustrating and confusing. Hell I still can't even access emails (so sorry if you've been writing to send feedback, complain, etc - I honestly have no access to that STILL), can't access live chat, can't do many things. But with every change something new will come I'm sure and at some point down the road we'll probably all laugh at how frustrating this seemed. We just have to get through it and be kind to each other (and staff as they have no clue wtf is going on either).

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11522

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Many of us have been here for a long, long time. To think this site would've just been sold with no plan, thought or consideration is rather foolish if you've ever met or even just interacted with those who - had/may still for all I know - a controlling interest here.

Yes it's frustrating and confusing. Hell I still can't even access emails (so sorry if you've been writing to send feedback, complain, etc - I honestly have no access to that STILL), can't access live chat, can't do many things. But with every change something new will come I'm sure and at some point down the road we'll probably all laugh at how frustrating this seemed. We just have to get through it and be kind to each other (and staff as they have no clue wtf is going on either).

WoW, they took away your e-mails,live chat and many other things,I guess your
    lucky they let you post.

Are you guys still getting paid? If so who’s signing the check?

Hope things work out for all you mods.

On the other hand this doesn’t really sound like the old Shari,
    they may of taken over her account.
    Last edited by Al Masters; 11-04-21 at 02:14 AM.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Quote Originally Posted by Al Masters View Post
    WoW, they took away your e-mails,live chat and many other things,I guess your
    lucky they let you post.

Are you guys still getting paid? If so who’s signing the check?

Hope things work out for all you mods.

On the other hand this doesn’t really sound like the old Shari,
    they may of taken over her account.
    Haha no this is me, I promise! Maybe if I drop a few whoreshits, horseshoe heads and f you's that'll help?!

And no, they didn't take away my access... they just didn't realise the extent that would be involved with transferring things to whatever platform they now want us on. I can still do some things, albeit very clunkily but others aren't just flowing smoothly at all yet. That's why I'm just saying maybe we need to just be patient. I don't know what the overall plan is but I'm also not sure there was recognition of what a massive job this would be to transfer SBR if that makes sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1524

Thanks Shari for your honest reply. You’ve always been straight up with the members of our forum. Sorry to hear you’re dealing with the same frustrations. If this is how SBR introduces “change” into a long time successful website, it’s a pretty shitty way to do it.

And leaving long time moderators like yourself completely in the dark as to wtf is happening, is even more of a bloody insult. Regardless of what happens here, and like you, I’m trying to remain optimistic, but it certainly feels like the rug has been yanked out from underneath us, with not so much as a reasonable fuk’in explanation.

My sincere thanks to you, your kindness, and professionalism running your tennis contests through the years. Not to mention the countless times you’ve answered questions, provided help and dealt with your share of jackasses who thought they were dealing with some woman who didn’t have a clue or could easily be pushed around. I’ve always admired your strength as a working mother, intelligent betting insights and mentality to hang with bunch of fellow degenerates always searching for that next winner.

Whatever happens here going forward, your talents and communication skills are greatly appreciated by all of us.
    I’ve always considered you my good Aussie friend, who I still owe many beers too, lol.
    And still hope to one day, toast a few cold ones with. Cheers
    Last edited by mikejamm; 11-04-21 at 03:38 AM.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Thanks for chiming in on the matter & I appreciate that SBR handled the contest prizes finally. Hopefully more good things to come with time like you said. I’m already laughing @ the situation with all my bitch made cry’s leading up to yesterday regarding my 200 payment lol.

carolinakid

how do you spell fail ...sbr

Roger T. Bannon

What this really reminds me of is 1Vice. SBR posters loved 1Vice. They did not want to believe that it went under. SBR could not imagine that it went under. People stayed in denial for a long time.

In this case, a group bought SBR. They bought the views and the brand. They did not really understand how it worked. It was not in SBR's interest to explain it to them. They were like any of us when we looked at SBR. They saw some ridiculous points and did not think anything of it.

So now you have a new site but people still want to believe it is the old site. Now they have a plan and they are going to run with it. We just sit back and see what that plan is and how it applies to us.

carolinakid

how did the the coke thing work out yrs ago when they tried to change it.sometimes what you are working with is 100 x better than the new contents

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by carolinakid View Post
    how did the the coke thing work out yrs ago when they tried to change it.sometimes what you are working with is 100 x better than the new contents
    You can just stop now. We all understand your POV on SBR. Don’t be the guy who tells the same story over & over again just to bring up one more detail he failed to mention. Have a nice day Ck …
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5

carolinakid

just talking facts that all and another thing here now, it just too much hate or maybe the best word would be jealousy here with so many posters, if they dont like it, they will make up lies on posters and try some other crap..jealousy here is very bad imo, the bottom line act like you been there before and not some kid crap on a hate forum

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24856

It's great that Shari responded to the forum. But its unfortunate, she is also in the dark on a lot of things.

It sounds like the transition wasn't well thought out which means it is going to likely to drag out for a while. Her comments about being patient during the change is sage advice we all should listen to.

batt33
    batt33's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10137

Haha no this is me, I promise! Maybe if I drop a few whoreshits, horseshoe heads and f you's that'll help?!

And no, they didn't take away my access... they just didn't realise the extent that would be involved with transferring things to whatever platform they now want us on. I can still do some things, albeit very clunkily but others aren't just flowing smoothly at all yet. That's why I'm just saying maybe we need to just be patient. I don't know what the overall plan is but I'm also not sure there was recognition of what a massive job this would be to transfer SBR if that makes sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see
    thanks Shari for your response!
    Good grief this sounds like a fed government agency.... "Hey here's a new computer program... for your timesheet, GIS,Data storage..etc".... we tested it among 5 people... It works great! Instructions for follow.....in the near future......

On another note,
    Never did mind the 100 dollar donation to a charity. For me having a chance to participate in the many contest was a welcome form of entertainment/diversion from my day job. I got to test my skills/knowledge without alot of research sometimes...do to the job.
    I also learned more about bitcoin... Never would have gotten a wallet if I didn't win a contest...Never would have delved more deeper into the cryptocurrency realm, if it wasn't for some great posters / mods here and the sharing of information, Hell bought a computer through "new egg" with the crypto I aquired. ( won the bitcoin when it was around 4000...bought the computer when bitcoin was around 25000...thought I had a hell of a deal)

Being able to donate betpoints to other charities has been a bonus also! As well as learning about the different qualities of the books!

Hopefully we well get some more answers soon as I need to re up!

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    It seems SBR still has its revenue streams. The new ownership doesn't have any. But this seems it may be some kind of partnership. In any case, this was never a healthy relationship. SBR was taking advantage of its posters and the posters were taking advantage of SBR. It could never end well. It was just a shock that it happened so suddenly.

The way to look at it is that SBR just disappeared. It would be a lot better if the new site came up on the day of the announcement. But we have to get through the football contest.

To SBR's credit, they knew this was happening and did still do the football contest and are apparently going to pay out on it so it was a nice going away present. You will never get a contest like it again.
    Ya and us LONG time pros with a few thousand in Betpoints rightfully earned through contests, fantasy, poker tournaments, etc should get the same grace

First ... 26272829303132 ... Last