Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14

Jim Nantz Wants "Tony Romo Money"

According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Nantz is reportedly seeking a big-time contract extension from CBS. The longtime sports broadcaster is reportedly seeking “Tony Romo money” from CBS.

Nantz currently makes north of $6 million a year. Romo, his NFL broadcasting partner, makes north of $17 million.

Jim Nantz, the face of CBS Sports, is looking for “Tony Romo money” in what is shaping into a potential showdown between the network and its longtime star, The Post has learned.

Sources said Nantz is seeking to top the $17.5 million yearly salary Romo received on a new contract signed right before the pandemic hit as everything perfectly aligned for the standout NFL analyst.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I know Disney is cutting with ESPN, but the sports product is basically trash now. They should take a flyer on Nantz and a big time play by play guy to save the NFL product.

Levy is just brutal.

"You can't be ok with that hit on Brees with no penalty but also not ok with him getting hurt"

Yeah Steve, you kind of can. The "sack" by the 49er was how you lay your grandpa into bed at night, and Brees was already hurt, but hurt his ribs more.

It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life said by anyone in sports, noneless a play by play crew on a major prime time game.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19389

Who watches a game because of the announcer? Nantz doesn't deserve half of what he makes, CBS should let him go.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Nantz deserves it more than Romo

Look at all the years Nantz has in

Romo won’t be nearly as good without his sidekick

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 284

They can hire a young college graduate for $500,000 a year and it wouldn't matter to the fans. I rarely pay attention to the comments.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

He’s not worth that much, he’s not even good at calling football and that’s where the money is. Romp isn’t that good either, but Nantes is garbage calling football.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They can hire a young college graduate for $500,000 a year and it wouldn't matter to the fans. I rarely pay attention to the comments.
    My gawd it feels like these guys are overpaid. At lest Nance is a company man and deserves a million for saying "A tradition unlike any other" but giving the color analyist 17 milion? I guess they didn't want to lose him to someone else.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nance is decent at calling golf but that’s not where the money is and he’s nothigg by special at calling football

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

That’s a business that everybody can be replaced for a quarter of the money

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    My gawd it feels like these guys are overpaid. At lest Nance is a company man and deserves a million for saying "A tradition unlike any other" but giving the color analyist 17 milion? I guess they didn't want to lose him to someone else.
    I'm sorry I get it this is how capitalism works but if you think you deserve $17 million dollars to tell people how great was that touchdown (which I can see with my own eyes) or how good was that bunker shot from the sand (which I can see with my own eyes) then you are worthless to me. Give this money to the scientists who are developing vaccines for covid or the nurses and doctors at the ER if you want to make a difference. These people are doing something to save people's lives. What does a monkey in a suit in an air-conditioned booth do for 3 hrs telling me the plays I can see with my eyes that deserves 17 million?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

$17 million and has Romo ever been, or will he ever be, involved in a non football broadcast?

TV money is just sick sometimes.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Nantz is good, but I’ve never tuned into a game for an announcer. Anybody gets a shot at calling games in college, if they are no good i mute the game and keep watching. Mike golic is awful, I might not watch a game that he is calling if he moves up

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Both guys way overpaid, especially Romo who doesn't even have enough pride to shave before work

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    Both guys way overpaid, especially Romo who doesn't even have enough pride to shave before work
    So Romo basically does 17 games a year so he gets a million per game or about $300,000 an hr?

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19389

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Nantz deserves it more than Romo

Look at all the years Nantz has in

Romo won’t be nearly as good without his sidekick
    Seniority is irrelevant; there are hundreds of people who can do what Nantz does and do so much better.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

So Romo basically does 17 games a year so he gets a million per game or about $300,000 an hr?
    Don't forget the long hours of prep work.

So it's more like a quarter million an hour.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23464

What did that butt phuck Booger McFhuckhead have to pay ESPN to let him talk?
    There are good and bad and then there are Boogers.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: KVB

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Don't forget the long hours of prep work.

So it's more like a quarter million an hour.
    Yeah watching film at home while he bangs his wife is hard work. So he gets up and eats breakfast in his pajamas and watches TV in his man cave and then they send him a check for $1 million after each game. Doesn't even have to drive to the office for his prep work.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3244

Six million a year should be enough. Romo committed high way robbery.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    What did that butt phuck Booger McFhuckhead have to pay ESPN to let him talk?
    There are good and bad and then there are Boogers.
    Whatever he paid them, it wasn't enough to keep the Booger Mobile gassed up.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1183

Isn't jim nantz a wife beater? He's lucky to have a job.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

None of these announcers are worth it.

Monday night football has all bums yet we all still watch.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

If you guys like what they are making then don’t fukkin turn CBS on

I could care less what they pay them. I’m not paying any extra money to watch these games

Nobody turns these games on to listen to the announcers but they can certainly make the game more enjoyable to watch

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10088

i was a fool to work 42 years and didnt even make a million , a dam fool

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13478

these guys are so old.. like retire and get on with your life....

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    these guys are so old.. like retire and get on with your life....
    How can you retire when they pay you 17 million a year for a few hours work every Sunday?

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

How can you retire when they pay you 17 million a year for a few hours work every Sunday?
    Because after just two years, he could earn a couple of million a year at just 6% interest.

I suppose it depends on his lifestyle.

Romo is 40 years old. Not sure why lonegambler thinks that's "so old" but lg might real young.

Romo's earning potential in TV seems ridiculous.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Because after just two years, he could earn a couple of million a year at just 6% interest.

I suppose it depends on his lifestyle.

Romo is 40 years old. Not sure why lonegambler thinks that's "so old" but lg might real young.

Romo's earning potential in TV seems ridiculous.
    But still he is not really putting any effort in his work. He is watching football games and talks every now and then. He is not 3 miles down the earth trying to mine diamonds for 16 hours in the dark to make this money.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 1745

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Who watches a game because of the announcer? Nantz doesn't deserve half of what he makes, CBS should let him go.
    Well said. Half the time the damn thing is on mute or my kids are chirping. Why the hell would you pay these guys this kind of money? Such a bad bad investment! I couldn’t even tell you which games Romo has ever covered. These networks wonder why they are going broke... beyond their news product.

mjsuax13

$17 million and has Romo ever been, or will he ever be, involved in a non football broadcast?

TV money is just sick sometimes.
    What the hell did Romo ever do but lose when it mattered?

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, Nantz is reportedly seeking a big-time contract extension from CBS. The longtime sports broadcaster is reportedly seeking “Tony Romo money” from CBS.

Nantz currently makes north of $6 million a year. Romo, his NFL broadcasting partner, makes north of $17 million.

Jim Nantz, the face of CBS Sports, is looking for “Tony Romo money” in what is shaping into a potential showdown between the network and its longtime star, The Post has learned.

Sources said Nantz is seeking to top the $17.5 million yearly salary Romo received on a new contract signed right before the pandemic hit as everything perfectly aligned for the standout NFL analyst.

It will be funny when he's looking for a job and Romo gets a raise to work with a new, up and coming, broadcaster.

mjsuax13

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    He’s lazy. Just like his career.

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Romo making 17m a year. If he was still playing he would be the 5th highest paid quarterback.

Unrivaled
    Unrivaled's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5234

Romo is paid that much because people want to listen to him. It's that simple.

People don't tune in for Jim Nantz.

pabonaparte
    bobbywaves aka the chosen one
    pabonaparte's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 593

Quote Originally Posted by Unrivaled View Post
    Romo is paid that much because people want to listen to him. It's that simple.

People don't tune in for Jim Nantz.

Exactly. By the logic of Nantz, Travis Kelce should ask for 'Mahomes money' during next contract negotiation. GTFO.

12 Last