1. #1
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 6,547
    Betpoints: 17986

    Nov. 5, 1955 Happy Birthday To The Flux Capacitor


  2. #2
    beefcake
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-26-09
    Posts: 13,987
    Betpoints: 23

    Think we all could use a copy of Grays sports almanac too!

  3. #3
    pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-03-19
    Posts: 8,722
    Betpoints: 23092

    You guys going to the Enchantment Under The Sea tonight?

  4. #4
    clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-13
    Posts: 6,754
    Betpoints: 17670

    McFly! Anyone in there?

    -Biff

  5. #5
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,138
    Betpoints: 156

    1.21 gigawatts

  6. #6
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,154
    Betpoints: 4972

    doc slipped on the porcelain cause it was wet and hit his head on the sink. thankful it was wet or we would not have this day.

  7. #7
    Wabashwonders
    Wabashwonders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-28-20
    Posts: 813
    Betpoints: 1726

    Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    You guys going to the Enchantment Under The Sea tonight?
    That was a week later on November 12, 1955 when Marty went “Back to the Future”

  8. #8
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,154
    Betpoints: 4972

    brazzers


  9. #9
    Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-21-15
    Posts: 8,826
    Betpoints: 576

    Hold it fellas..
    I'm afraid you're just too darn loud..

  10. #10
    Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-22-08
    Posts: 63,138
    Betpoints: 156


  11. #11
    JohnGalt2341
    The bloom on the rose is oft not wet.
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 8,604
    Betpoints: 4262

    It's a good thing George McFly never figured out that his son Marty looks exactly like the Marty that his future wife had a crush on in 1955.
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave JohnGalt2341 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  12. #12
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,154
    Betpoints: 4972

    it is good too that Biff did not even recognize him when he came back in 1985 as the guy who caused his life to go to shit
    Points Awarded:

    pablo222 gave pologq 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  13. #13
    gauchojake
    Fansplainer
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-17-10
    Posts: 32,451
    Betpoints: 8886

    How do you think Doc Brown pronounces gif??????????

  14. #14
    pologq
    Make SBR Great Again in 2023
    pologq's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-07-12
    Posts: 19,154
    Betpoints: 4972

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    It's a good thing George McFly never figured out that his son Marty looks exactly like the Marty that his future wife had a crush on in 1955.
    i love back to the future and the trilogy. i know it is all in good fun. it still bothers me though that his parents and biff never recognize him. i think a cool part for the ending of 1 would have been his parents acknowledging it at least and maybe even teasing biff.

  15. #15
    VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 02-21-09
    Posts: 6,547
    Betpoints: 17986

    In April 2020, Back to the Future screenwriter Bob Gale finally decided to explain the plot-hole question about why Marty's parents didn't remember him as the kid in high school who got them together.

    He told The Hollywood Reporter, "Bear in mind that George and Lorraine only knew Marty/Calvin for eight days when they were 17, and they did not even see him every one of those eight days. So, many years later, they still might remember that interesting kid who got them together on their first date."

    He continued, "But I would ask anyone to think back on their own high school days and ask themselves how well they remember a kid who might have been at their school for even a semester. Or someone you went out with just one time. If you had no photo reference, after 25 years, you'd probably have just a hazy recollection.

    So Lorraine and George might think it funny that they once actually met someone named Calvin Klein, and even if they thought their son at age 16 or 17 had some resemblance to him, it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd bet most of us could look thru our high school yearbooks and find photos of our teen-aged classmates that bear some resemblance to our children."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341, and GunShard

  16. #16
    JohnGalt2341
    The bloom on the rose is oft not wet.
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 8,604
    Betpoints: 4262

    Quote Originally Posted by VeggieDog View Post
    In April 2020, Back to the Future screenwriter Bob Gale finally decided to explain the plot-hole question about why Marty's parents didn't remember him as the kid in high school who got them together.

    He told The Hollywood Reporter, "Bear in mind that George and Lorraine only knew Marty/Calvin for eight days when they were 17, and they did not even see him every one of those eight days. So, many years later, they still might remember that interesting kid who got them together on their first date."

    He continued, "But I would ask anyone to think back on their own high school days and ask themselves how well they remember a kid who might have been at their school for even a semester. Or someone you went out with just one time. If you had no photo reference, after 25 years, you'd probably have just a hazy recollection.

    So Lorraine and George might think it funny that they once actually met someone named Calvin Klein, and even if they thought their son at age 16 or 17 had some resemblance to him, it wouldn't be a big deal. I'd bet most of us could look thru our high school yearbooks and find photos of our teen-aged classmates that bear some resemblance to our children."
    This was great!

  17. #17
    Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-15-16
    Posts: 1,973
    Betpoints: 322

    Biff: Marty, here's your keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight.

    Marty: Thanks Biff. I'm still surprised my dad is friends with the guy who tried to rape his future wife.

  18. #18
    clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-01-13
    Posts: 6,754
    Betpoints: 17670


  19. #19
    JohnGalt2341
    The bloom on the rose is oft not wet.
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-31-09
    Posts: 8,604
    Betpoints: 4262

    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrogen View Post
    Biff: Marty, here's your keys. You're all waxed up, ready for tonight.

    Marty: Thanks Biff. I'm still surprised my dad is friends with the guy who tried to rape his future wife.
    I hear that!

    Another favorite movie of mine around this time was The Breakfast Club. I don't think the scene below would fly over too well in 2020. Especially considering that Claire seems to fall for John Bender at the end of the movie even though he belittled her for the majority of the movie. And not to mention the sexual assault as scene below.


    Revenge of the Nerds is another. Nerd, Lewis slips on a Darth Vader mask knowing that the girl he is hot for Betty, thinks her boyfriend is wearing this very mask. He then apparently has sex with her and afterward a scene or so later, after the sexual assault Betty proclaims "I'm in love with a nerd!".




    Don't get me wrong, I think both of these movies are excellent as is Back to the Future but I just find it rather amazing how much more they could get away with back then. I'm not saying it's necessarily good or bad either way.. I'm just amazed at how much things have changed.

  20. #20
    Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-15-16
    Posts: 1,973
    Betpoints: 322

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    Revenge of the Nerds is another. Nerd, Lewis slips on a Darth Vader mask knowing that the girl he is hot for Betty, .
    Haha. I had this discussion around a campfire one night with friends. How many of these things would cause a protest today?

    - the liquid heat incident
    - the cameras/recording of the sorority house
    - the over the top depictions of the gay and Japanese dudes
    - the bounce room thing (that you pointed out)
    - the topless photo used to sell pies

    LOL times have changed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JohnGalt2341

Top