dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

D'Eriq King decides to sit out season after 1-3 start

https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...e-14461767.php

Going to take a redshirt for the season along with one of the team's best receivers

Line moved for this weeks game from Houston -2.5 to Houston +6.5

99% chance if either one of these players makes the NFL they holdout to renegotiate a contract

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Houston players always making business decisions.. I still remember ed Oliver almost ripping his coaches head off over a winter coat incident on the sideline.. fukin classic

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 169

The only thing these players are showing is all they care about is themselves. Whoever told them to do this has to be a total dipshit after all the shit that transpired in the NFL with the drama. If they were worth anything they just cost themselves a drop of a round or 2. Wake the fuk up, there are 40 other players at the same level and will take your place in an instant and no one will ever remember you after 10 minutes.

unde0087
    Did we win?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Honestly, this type of thing, to me, enforces my belief in making these kids stay at least 3 years in college. Hell they are already getting paid in the way of a full ride. While all the other students are paying about 25k for that time these dumbasses pay nothing then bitch about not getting paid to play a game that most will play 2 or 3 years then have to get a real job. The problem becomes they don't go to class don't learn shit and then play 1 year in the NFL, if they make it, then are broke as shit after that and have nothing to fall back on because while the University was paying for their education they weren't doing shit but partying. Then they want to sue the NFL for some dumbass shit because they only qualify for being a Walmart greeter.

#truth

unde0087
    Did we win?

By the way, showing your talents by running up a few scores on a pathetic league, which in some states high school team would beat the team they played, isn't impressing anyone.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Pretty sure they are sitting out because the team will be better next year and they want an opportunity to end their college careers on a good note. This will be Dana’s second year with the team. Not sure why they are getting shit, they are going back to school. It’s not like they are sitting out and going pro

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Honestly, this type of thing, to me, enforces my belief in making these kids stay at least 3 years in college. Hell they are already getting paid in the way of a full ride. While all the other students are paying about 25k for that time these dumbasses pay nothing then bitch about not getting paid to play a game that most will play 2 or 3 years then have to get a real job. The problem becomes they don't go to class don't learn shit and then play 1 year in the NFL, if they make it, then are broke as shit after that and have nothing to fall back on because while the University was paying for their education they weren't doing shit but partying. Then they want to sue the NFL for some dumbass shit because they only qualify for being a Walmart greeter.

#truth
    So your solution is to make somebody who has no intention of actually going to school to get an education stay even longer....fuking brilliant.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars...e-14461767.php

Going to take a redshirt for the season along with one of the team's best receivers

Line moved for this weeks game from Houston -2.5 to Houston +6.5

99% chance if either one of these players makes the NFL they holdout to renegotiate a contract
    He just realized he's playing for a bum in Holgorsen. I'm all for it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

if you aint first you are last

unlearn
    unlearn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15331

Hilarious that either of them think they have a shot in the NFL

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

The only thing these players are showing is all they care about is themselves. Whoever told them to do this has to be a total dipshit after all the shit that transpired in the NFL with the drama. If they were worth anything they just cost themselves a drop of a round or 2. Wake the fuk up, there are 40 other players at the same level and will take your place in an instant and no one will ever remember you after 10 minutes.
    It was probably the head coach....they are playing next year when the team will be better.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Is that qb worth 9 fukkin points. I'll take Houston, what is it(?), +6 now.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Pretty sure they are sitting out because the team will be better next year and they want an opportunity to end their college careers on a good note. This will be Dana’s second year with the team. Not sure why they are getting shit, they are going back to school. It’s not like they are sitting out and going pro
    Or in a few weeks he will file to transfer to Oklahoma and be the next one to put up ridiculous numbers in the system.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    It was probably the head coach....they are playing next year when the team will be better.
    common sense ain't common. it extends his shelf life as well.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

If they had any sense they would transfer to a school w a good coach. Houston hired a moron.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    If they had any sense they would transfer to a school w a good coach. Houston hired a moron.
    Go to okla win hiesman then get drafted in 1st round!! Go to Houston w this coach and become nobody. Lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Go to okla win hiesman then get drafted in 1st round!! Go to Houston w this coach and become nobody. Lol
    depending on texans season, ou coach may be headed to houston soon in the nfl. if he's an off. genius and they give him watson and hopkins, could be a rams type situation.

JayDr3am
    Handi
    JayDr3am's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8206

undee you know football isnt forever. but education/knowledge is. how can you blame a man for wanting finish school first then come back and play? lol cmon mannnn

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by JayDr3am View Post
    undee you know football isnt forever. but education/knowledge is. how can you blame a man for wanting finish school first then come back and play? lol cmon mannnn
    1) He's saying that, but I doubt he comes back to play for Houston, he's just trying not to look as bad

2) He bailed on his team and teammates during the season in which he started the games they went 1-3

3) Something you will never hear: "Dr. D'Eriq"

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    depending on texans season, ou coach may be headed to houston soon in the nfl. if he's an off. genius and they give him watson and hopkins, could be a rams type situation.
    That would be a incredible move for Houston! But isn’t O’Brien the de facto gm? I don’t see him firing himself, although he should! Lol.

I’ve heard some talk that dude happy at Ou but who knows, that could always change? some guys prefer college tho where they can always field superior rosters! Lol.

If I was the hottest coach and had my pick of jobs as appealing as Watson and those weapons are I might be little hesitant considering O’Brien been shipping away draft picks like crazy trying to save his ass!! Lol.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    1) He's saying that, but I doubt he comes back to play for Houston, he's just trying not to look as bad

2) He bailed on his team and teammates during the season in which he started the games they went 1-3

3) Something you will never hear: "Dr. D'Eriq"
    Who are you to say he can’t be a dr or whatever? You know what his grades, iq, or how much ambition he has?

I don’t disagree w #2 but #3 is more ignorant assumptions from you and I can guess why.

My question is did he come to Houston to play for holgerson or he get recruited by another coach who bailed? Hard for me to blame a kid for bailing when coaches bail and then they stuck w a different moron than they signed up to play for.

dlowilly

Who are you to say he can’t be a dr or whatever? You know what his grades, iq, or how much ambition he has?

I don’t disagree w #2 but #3 is more ignorant assumptions from you and I can guess why.

My question is did he come to Houston to play for holgerson or he get recruited by another coach who bailed? Hard for me to blame a kid for bailing when coaches bail and then they stuck w a different moron than they signed up to play for.
    I understand the issue about which coach recruited him, but if you don't like the coach u can leave before the season starts. He waited four games into the season, waited to see how it panned out, then bailed on everyone when times got tough. If they were 3-1 he obviously would still be playing and that's some BS

I'm not saying he's not allowed to be a doctor any more than I would say JJGold isn't allowed to 360 dunk a basketball.

Intelligence is undeniably inherited, so when you have parents stupid enough to name you D'Eriq you better concentrate on football

Hey, didn't I tell you to get lost?
    Last edited by dlowilly; 09-24-19 at 01:24 PM.