Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

I'm taking a look at the Florida vs. Miami tilt that will be played in Orlando week zero. Gators currently listed as a 7.5 point chalk but I think that number could be slightly inflated due to the way both teams ended their respective seasons last year.

Both teams should have strong defenses and good skill players offensively albeit with suspect offensive lines. The X-factor for the Canes will be the new offense and potentially new quarterback in Ohio State transfer Tate Martell.

Gonna take a look at the total on this game too when it is released because I'm leaning towards a lower scoring game.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 06-06-19 at 02:38 PM. Reason: stated wrong site

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The number is hard to figure. Bet On Line opens the game at 8.5. The Nugget opens it at 7.5 5dimes, which is a totally worthless book in my opinion, kicks it up to 9.5 Talk about desperation.

As far as the game goes, Miami is going to have to depend on it's defense, particularly their front 7, to control games early in the season. Their offense will need a lot of work in the first few games. Florida's offense will have some fire power, with the return of Franks at QB and three solid WR's, but the line will have to mature quickly. Their defense should be at least as good as Miami's, if not better. 7 starters return.

If the line drops to under 7, Florida is the play. Anything higher is a bit of a risk in game 1. As far as the Total goes, I have not seen a number yet, but I have heard rumblings of 43 to 45 points. 45 may be a bit high. Last season Miami opened up with a neutral site game against LSU and were crushed 33-17 as 3 1/2 point chalk. Florida defeated that same LSU team by 8 as a 2 1/2 point dog. GL.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 06-06-19 at 01:29 PM.

Eddy Munny

I think the total will open about 48-50 on this game. 43-45 is really low for a modern college football game. 43 is like Iowa vs Wisconsin outdoors in October kinda total. Even with good defenses, there's enough skill talent on both Fla and Mia for some quick scores, especially on a fast track.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think the total will open about 48-50 on this game. 43-45 is really low for a modern college football game. 43 is like Iowa vs Wisconsin outdoors in October kinda total. Even with good defenses, there's enough skill talent on both Fla and Mia for some quick scores, especially on a fast track.
    Quite posssible, but we are talking August in Florida. No guarantee of a fast track. IMO, if either one of these defenses gives up more than 21 points, they are in trouble. Both defenses will be depended upon to keep the other team off the field and the scoreboard.

Eddy Munny

Oh okay, game is in Orlando... I thought this was the one being played in Arlington, TX but that's Auburn/Oregon.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Now Oregon-Auburn should be one hell of a game. I already took Oregon +3. I believe that Oregon is the best team in the Pac 12. That does not necessarily mean they win the Pac 12 because of their killer schedule. Games at Stanford, Washington, USC, and Arizona State on top of their neutral site game is no picnic. Still, with the entire offense returning and 7 starters returning on defense, they should be able to handle a middle-of-the-road Auburn team with no returning LB's and no QB. If not, the Pac 12 is in real trouble.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Getting hard up for some football!!!?!?!?! lol come on man

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Seeing as Football is the ONLY Sport I wager on seriously, the answer is yes. Hoops is garbage. Pure garbage. Baseball is too long. I really enjoy watching hockey, so I do not wager on it because it ruins the games for me. Horses are fun. My family likes them and a day at the track, if done correctly. That means great food and booze in the Club House and Turf Club Restaurants. To me, the horses are smarter than the average Hoops player. This is the time of year I make most of my money, and I am retired with 75% of my rather healthy ending salary, yet I make more than that wagering on football. You guys take life way too seriously. You know you can't win in gaming, because you do not have the skills nor the PATIENCE to win. Relax guys. Life can be a lot shorter than you may think it is.

First 12