lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

NBA has allowed the players too much power

You don't run a league and let the workers control it. This is bad. It's not smart common sense wise. Only dumb liberal minds defend this shit. The players are running the show in the NBA. I can't accept luxury tax. I want a hard cap. I want players to have no free agency until 28. I want the league to grow balls. Let them die. Hold them out for years. We can't let one or two guys hold the league hostage. The nba pa is the Democratic party in disguise.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

What the hell are you whining about? It's the same for every league. Have you looked at baseball? Hockey? Soccer? You sign a contract and you work said contract. Most teams won't give a shit about you once you're used up. It's the star athletes that can call their own shots. Elway, Manning did it in the NFL. In the NBA, the big stars can command the same. But they also take a huge risk if they get a career ending injury on a 1 year contract.

This is not a Dem/Rep issue. Stop it. It's all about economics/capitalism. He who runs the roost, holds the cards. I'm all for athletes having more control. For every Lebron and Durant, there's hundreds of guys that have ZERO leverage.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What the hell are you whining about? It's the same for every league. Have you looked at baseball? Hockey? Soccer? You sign a contract and you work said contract. Most teams won't give a shit about you once you're used up. It's the star athletes that can call their own shots. Elway, Manning did it in the NFL. In the NBA, the big stars can command the same. But they also take a huge risk if they get a career ending injury on a 1 year contract.

This is not a Dem/Rep issue. Stop it. It's all about economics/capitalism. He who runs the roost, holds the cards. I'm all for athletes having more control. For every Lebron and Durant, there's hundreds of guys that have ZERO leverage.
    It’s definitely not the same in every league - NBA markets there superstars the most/ they got no choice? NFL is totally different owners pocket everything while players have less power- No GURANTEE contracts and you can get cut at any giving time

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Yes and it goes both ways- teams can Trade you anytime they want- there is no loyalty in this business - so don’t be piss when players have control - totally agree with mac

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

Inmates running the asylum. Like that one guy said.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The guaranteed contracts certainly don't help. Part of the reason why the NFL is King.