1. #456
    AndyVip
    AndyVip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 11-07-17
    Posts: 188
    Betpoints: 24

    Gl all

  2. #457
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    First table filled up quickly.
    It was full when I tried to register about 30 mins before the start.


    I'm noticing the stack sizes already look quite a bit larger already 40 mins in. Should make the final table a better experience hopefully.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  3. #458
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    12 left at the break

    Stack sizes to Blind size is much nicer at this point than usual.


    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  4. #459
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    @Drew, Received a report that non-starters were not booted after 15 mins as expected in first tourney. Not confirmed myself.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  5. #460
    BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-13-09
    Posts: 6,494
    Betpoints: 24

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    @Drew, Received a report that non-starters were not booted after 15 mins as expected in first tourney. Not confirmed myself.
    Non starters should pay a 50 point fine for not showing up.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/06/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  6. #461
    RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-24-10
    Posts: 65,216
    Betpoints: 43

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    @Drew, Received a report that non-starters were not booted after 15 mins as expected in first tourney. Not confirmed myself.
    I can confirm as I did not show up in time
    Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    Non starters should pay a 50 point fine for not showing up.
    we all don't rely on sbr to make up for a shit show pga pro salary
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave RudyRuetigger 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  7. #462
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    Thanks Rudy.



    Bubble broken after 75 mins play today.

    5 stacks left between 10k and 20k, and two short stacks.

    Looking good for final table play still.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  8. #463
    The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-21-12
    Posts: 22,553
    Betpoints: 233

    We have to show up on time??

    I've made a habit of showing up about 35-40 minutes after the tournament started.

  9. #464
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    After 90 mins there are 3 left with about 20x BB each.

    600/1200 level 11


    These 3 have been fighting for about 10 mins so far.

    Much better way to have a final table playout than the usual shove or fold every hand style at this point.

    Extra chips in play from 50 players seems like a good change to me here.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  10. #465
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    We have to show up on time??

    I've made a habit of showing up about 35-40 minutes after the tournament started.


    Supposed to be Giant.

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    4. Player may participate in one daily qualifier tournament per day. No shows will be ejected after 15 minutes.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  11. #466
    SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 7,362
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    @Drew, Received a report that non-starters were not booted after 15 mins as expected in first tourney. Not confirmed myself.
    checking this now.

  12. #467
    bonzaii
    Jesus Is King of kings Lord of lords
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-07-17
    Posts: 4,516
    Betpoints: 113

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    We have to show up on time??

    I've made a habit of showing up about 35-40 minutes after the tournament started.
    Just show up, play the first hand, and sit out.

  13. #468
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    Epic heads up battle between Dhristov and JayTris to take early lead in Spring Championship.

    Been going at it over 10mmins already.

    Just hit level 13 after 1hr 45min 15BB v 30BB

    1500/3000 blinds
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  14. #469
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 25,752
    Betpoints: 219

    I guess I didn't read much in the new format but only paying 8 out of 50 and one less tournament a day? So we are trying to get more players on tables but talking 80 payouts per week away? I am seeing this turning an already limited game play into a ghost town.

  15. #470
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    1hr 48 min total

    Congrats winners






    Have to say as far as play ability and avg playing time per player, this format looks better.


    All the feedback at table was still that the daily points prizes are not enough. But that should not be a big thing I don't think. If we get to the end of this promo and data shows a drop off in overall activity resulting from poker points I'd think it will be adjusted.

    The less points needed to keep daily activity up, the more money justifiable for real prizes and more annual promos.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  16. #471
    Hugh Madbrough
    A.K.A. Barry McCockinner
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-12
    Posts: 624
    Betpoints: 108

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Epic heads up battle between Dhristov and JayTris to take early lead in Spring Championship.

    Been going at it over 10mmins already.

    Just hit level 13 after 1hr 45min 15BB v 30BB

    1500/3000 blinds
    Opti, how does one know if they are top 100, papi? I want in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    1hr 48 min total

    Congrats winners






    Have to say as far as play ability and avg playing time per player, this format looks better.


    All the feedback at table was still that the daily points prizes are not enough. But that should not be a big thing I don't think. If we get to the end of this promo and data shows a drop off in overall activity resulting from poker points I'd think it will be adjusted.

    The less points needed to keep daily activity up, the more money justifiable for real prizes and more annual promos.
    In all honesty 30 points for an hour and a half of play, ain't enough. If only top 8 pay out, give the players some motivation.

  17. #472
    bonzaii
    Jesus Is King of kings Lord of lords
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-07-17
    Posts: 4,516
    Betpoints: 113

    Were some of yall not around when this promo was first announced? It's not about the dailies for this promo. It's about the last tournament(top 100) where if you are one of the two lucky cocksuckas to run well you come away with some cold hard cash. Well actually youll have to take bitcoin.

  18. #473
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 50,109
    Betpoints: 769

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Madbrough View Post
    Opti, how does one know if they are top 100, papi? I want in.


    In all honesty 30 points for an hour and a half of play, ain't enough. If only top 8 pay out, give the players some motivation.
    I am not sure what Drew plans with that Hugh. Sam was posting a weekly leaderboard last year.

    I do get that. Of course it feels the same for me. I win most of my points from poker over the years too. But is has been super generous and easy, so this just feels like a big change today. Not saying we will, but hopefully most poker players will get used to it after a few weeks and not see it as negatively as today.

    Less daily points really is better for real poker players wanting to play for real. Maybe this is too much less but one thing it will do for sure is cull out those that only joined to suck points from poker as efficiently as possible, or trying to use multiple accounts to get more than deserved. The introduction of betpoints for bitcoin changed the situation as far as being able to live with points leaks as much.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  19. #474
    bonzaii
    Jesus Is King of kings Lord of lords
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-07-17
    Posts: 4,516
    Betpoints: 113

    I just realized something, not sure if this has been said already, but how come an international person can get paid in bitcoin for this promo but they can't cashout bitcoin with their points?

  20. #475
    Hugh Madbrough
    A.K.A. Barry McCockinner
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-12
    Posts: 624
    Betpoints: 108

    Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Were some of yall not around when this promo was first announced? It's not about the dailies for this promo. It's about the last tournament(top 100) where if you are one of the two lucky cocksuckas to run well you come away with some cold hard cash. Well actually youll have to take bitcoin.
    I understand, pai, that it's all about the last tournament but is there standings or a 40 to 1 point system, like Nascar? There's has to be a way to find out daily, yao ming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I am not sure what Drew plans with that Hugh. Sam was posting a weekly leaderboard last year.

    I do get that. Of course it feels the same for me. I win most of my points from poker over the years too. But is has been super generous and easy, so this just feels like a big change today. Not saying we will, but hopefully most poker players will get used to it after a few weeks and not see it as negatively as today.

    Less daily points really is better for real poker players wanting to play for real. Maybe this is too much less but one thing it will do for sure is cull out those that only joined to suck points from poker as efficiently as possible, or trying to use multiple accounts to get more than deserved. The introduction of betpoints for bitcoin changed the situation as far as being able to live with points leaks as much.
    I would been cool with a cool 80 but I understand, it's out of your hands. 30 made me feel like a cheap prostitute.

  21. #476
    bonzaii
    Jesus Is King of kings Lord of lords
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-07-17
    Posts: 4,516
    Betpoints: 113

    Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I guess I didn't read much in the new format but only paying 8 out of 50 and one less tournament a day? So we are trying to get more players on tables but talking 80 payouts per week away? I am seeing this turning an already limited game play into a ghost town.

  22. #477
    unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 03-27-08
    Posts: 25,752
    Betpoints: 219

    Hugh, they will have standings posted, the first tournament just got over. Settle it down a notch pal.

  23. #478
    SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 7,362
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I am not sure what Drew plans with that Hugh. Sam was posting a weekly leaderboard last year.

    I do get that. Of course it feels the same for me. I win most of my points from poker over the years too. But is has been super generous and easy, so this just feels like a big change today. Not saying we will, but hopefully most poker players will get used to it after a few weeks and not see it as negatively as today.

    Less daily points really is better for real poker players wanting to play for real. Maybe this is too much less but one thing it will do for sure is cull out those that only joined to suck points from poker as efficiently as possible, or trying to use multiple accounts to get more than deserved. The introduction of betpoints for bitcoin changed the situation as far as being able to live with points leaks as much.


    Standing will be posted day after every morning. So the Leader board will be posted tomorrow morning for today's poker.

  24. #479
    SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-18
    Posts: 7,362
    Betpoints: 264

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    I can confirm as I did not show up in time
    we all don't rely on sbr to make up for a shit show pga pro salary
    Rudy you must have been logged in to poker on your computer but forgot to play the tournament. In this case the system thinks you are playing thus it wont kick you out. If you were NOT logged in then the system would have removed you as a no show.

  25. #480
    Greenline
    Greenline's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 10-05-17
    Posts: 166
    Betpoints: 18

    Quote Originally Posted by SBR drew View Post
    Standing will be posted day after every morning. So the Leader board will be posted tomorrow morning for today's poker.
    Do only cashes count on leaderboard, or all places?

  26. #481
    thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 10-23-09
    Posts: 12,168
    Betpoints: 1871

    Time to find out who the real broke asses here are. Waiting for that leaderboard

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  27. #482
    bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-06-08
    Posts: 13,288

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenline View Post
    Do only cashes count on leaderboard, or all places?
    Only cashes count.
    Points Awarded:

    Greenline gave bobbywaves 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  28. #483
    big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-01-08
    Posts: 18,398
    Betpoints: 678

    How many people got shut out of the 8pm?

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/16/2021

    SBR Bash
    Punta Cana
    Attendee 2/4/2017


  29. #484
    wquine
    Bet2BLucky
    wquine's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 09-30-09
    Posts: 1,720
    Betpoints: 1476

    This kills it for anyone new or people that have jobs, family etc. no longer worth it. hopefully this system dies after this promo.

  30. #485
    Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-19-07
    Posts: 28,232
    Betpoints: 60

    I enjoy SBR poker, and am looking forward to the contest. It's been a while since we've had our last one, and I'm ready to roll. The one thing I see as a repercussion of the reduced payouts is that the tables are going to be more empty due to less rollovers being done.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  31. #486
    Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-18-11
    Posts: 2,494
    Betpoints: 22725

    149 of 150 possible seats are filled. Good turnout.

    We will see how tough bobbywaves talks in 2 months haha, I mean at best he is probably gonna average 50 points per week.

    Good start Optional
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave Enkhbat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  32. #487
    thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-25-11
    Posts: 20,460
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    1hr 48 min total

    Congrats winners






    Have to say as far as play ability and avg playing time per player, this format looks better.


    All the feedback at table was still that the daily points prizes are not enough. But that should not be a big thing I don't think. If we get to the end of this promo and data shows a drop off in overall activity resulting from poker points I'd think it will be adjusted.

    The less points needed to keep daily activity up, the more money justifiable for real prizes and more annual promos.
    Pretty much agree.

    I like the new payout structure aside from the amounts, and 8pm is a better start time than 7 or 9 for me. I do think some players probably got shut out. Once I'm qualified, there won't be any motivation to play these anymore though.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 11/29/2021

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  33. #488
    Hugh Madbrough
    A.K.A. Barry McCockinner
    Hugh Madbrough's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-08-12
    Posts: 624
    Betpoints: 108

    Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Hugh, they will have standings posted, the first tournament just got over. Settle it down a notch pal.
    Listen friend, I do what I want.

    Standings, I'm with it. Just please up the prize pool. I can't even afford the $1/$2 Ambition Table with a 30 point payout.

  34. #489
    cincinnatikid513
    get busy living au revoir
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-23-17
    Posts: 44,641

    somebody come play poker with me 1-2 2-4 i don't care i'm so bored and i'm a terrible player easy chips

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


  35. #490
    blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 2,867
    Betpoints: 12709

    Quote Originally Posted by wquine View Post
    This kills it for anyone new or people that have jobs, family etc. no longer worth it. hopefully this system dies after this promo.
    Have to agree. Was looking forward to the next poker promo before but this sadly just isn't even worth the time.

    $20
    Angelman
    donation 02/15/2021


First ... 1112131415 Last
Top