big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Sold all mine off last month. I found myself checking the prices all day like an obsession. I feel much better now. I guess the game wasn’t meant for me. I wish you guys luck and hope it climbs all year!

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

peace of mind is very valuable

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

lol kodak announces ICO and stock jumps almost 100% so far, over 50% for me

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Sold all mine off last month. I found myself checking the prices all day like an obsession. I feel much better now. I guess the game wasn’t meant for me. I wish you guys luck and hope it climbs all year!
    Bitcoin can't get past 17k anymore. Who knows what will happen now.

People spreading the wealth to other coins. Apparently?

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

Solely guessing, I think that is what is happening.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

January has always been a rough month for bitcoin (historically). Will be back near 18k soon. ETH is the crypto that is going to soar tomorrow (yen pairing starts tomorrow)

brooks85

lol kodak 153%

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody worried here

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Nobody worried here
    That's because you own none.

TheMoneyShot

I'm ready to kick the Bitcoin creator right in the fukking nuts.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Have McBride do it.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

hows come?

brooks85

kodak going on 200%, I'm out at the opening lol

brooks85

this is ridiculous

the stock I made 10x on during all their hype, HMNY, is back and now they are ALSO saying they will have an ICO. Stock up 40% so far... lets run

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

Moneyshotter, just sell...

I don't think you are wired for this stuff pal...

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post

Some people love the excitement of the ride Jake. Even the scary bits!

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

true..it's one thing to enjoy the ride and another to cry and assume the fetal position during every downswing...

if you can't handle 10%-30% swings on the regular, this shit aint for you!!

Sam Odom

bitcoin cash is sweet tho

Optional

true..it's one thing to enjoy the ride and another to cry and assume the fetal position during every downswing...

I agree. I get a message from FunnyB once or twice a week saying "bitcoin is crashing" and it got to the point of being annoying fairly quickly. But he won't stop and I have got over it now and just laugh at him or tell him its a great time to buy then! He's another one that quite likes the drama too.
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave Optional 17 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

I agree. I get a message from FunnyB once or twice a week saying "bitcoin is crashing" and it got to the point of being annoying fairly quickly. But he won't stop and I have got over it now and just laugh at him or tell him its a great time to buy then! He's another one that quite likes the drama too.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

When these clowns start selling to pay the cc companies watch the fuk out. Slippery slope for bag holders here.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/study...ot-recommended

According to LendEDU, a personal loan research firm, more than 18 percent of Bitcoin investors have used borrowed money to trade the cryptocurrency. In a global survey of 672 active Bitcoin investors, researchers asked traders the method they used to fund their cryptocurrency trading accounts. The majority of investors used banking systems such as ************ and ACH transfers to fund their accounts.But 22 percent of traders revealed that they have not paid off their credit and debit cards after purchasing Bitcoin, effectively investing in the cryptocurrency with borrowed money. The report read:
    “The wisest and most frugal way to fund a virtual currency exchange account would be through an ACH transfer, which is completely free of charge. Only 18.60 percent of our 672 Bitcoin-invested respondents were paying for the cryptocurrency in this fashion.
    However, this was not even the most pressing concern coming from the LendEDU poll. That recognition belongs to this data-point: 22.13 percent of Bitcoin investors did not pay off their credit card balance after purchasing Bitcoin.”

TheMoneyShot

^

That's some funny sh#$ Sharp.

TheMoneyShot

I guess I don't understand the sell offs at times? Especially, rapid sell offs? Like the amount drops 700-800 within 15 minutes. Why would you purchase Bitcoin for 3-4 days and have your quick thrill and then sell off? Do Asians get so excited and wet.... they can't hold onto anything??? Must hit sell button??? We're all learning as we go along... but there's really no pattern to highs and lows.

I'm understanding the game though.... I'm sure there are a lot of heavy hitters that have 2-3 coins they truly understand.... and they get the system.

For example.... let's say you were convinced BTC wasn't going anywhere and you anticipated these huge drops at times. For instance 17k. So you sold 5 BTC and got 85k for it. On the drop it hits 13.5k... and you say to yourself... well it's time to get my 5 BTC again... so you purchase it at 67.5k giving you a Net gain at +17.5k... not too bad just eyeing one coin. Last few weeks... charts have indicated this...

And what's the worse case scenario? You accidentally sold when the price continued to rise? Well... look at it this way... you either got a huge chunk of cash... or hopefully you saved half of your stash in BTC and didn't go all in (hopefully you tried to middle.) Some of these heavy hitters are so +EV now... they aren't losing out on a small misread. There's a lot of leverage available... if you know how to use it and have the firepower.

So, to respond to your post JP... when you see something drop drastically and all of your resources are in one coin... it's a natural emotion to feel desperate at times. Anyone would freak out over security. Logically, once you get your emotions in check... you could say well... BTC should be the strongest.... it should hold. I'm good. You would only assume over a long period of time.... the top 10 coins will all gain over time? Wouldn't you? I don't believe crypto is going anywhere????!?!!? But this is all new to me.... and from a reality standpoint... is this real? Or am I dreaming? It's a new world for everyone who's doing this.

True, it takes RISKS for HUGE REWARDS.

JAKEPEAVY21

I guess I don't understand the sell offs at times? Especially, rapid sell offs? Like the amount drops 700-800 within 15 minutes. Why would you purchase Bitcoin for 3-4 days and have your quick thrill and then sell off? Do Asians get so excited and wet.... they can't hold onto anything??? Must hit sell button??? We're all learning as we go along... but there's really no pattern to highs and lows.

I'm understanding the game though.... I'm sure there are a lot of heavy hitters that have 2-3 coins they truly understand.... and they get the system.

For example.... let's say you were convinced BTC wasn't going anywhere and you anticipated these huge drops at times. For instance 17k. So you sold 5 BTC and got 85k for it. On the drop it hits 13.5k... and you say to yourself... well it's time to get my 5 BTC again... so you purchase it at 67.5k giving you a Net gain at +17.5k... not too bad just eyeing one coin. Last few weeks... charts have indicated this...

And what's the worse case scenario? You accidentally sold when the price continued to rise? Well... look at it this way... you either got a huge chunk of cash... or hopefully you saved half of your stash in BTC and didn't go all in (hopefully you tried to middle.) Some of these heavy hitters are so +EV now... they aren't losing out on a small misread. There's a lot of leverage available... if you know how to use it and have the firepower.

So, to respond to your post JP... when you see something drop drastically and all of your resources are in one coin... it's a natural emotion to feel desperate at times. Anyone would freak out over security. Logically, once you get your emotions in check... you could say well... BTC should be the strongest.... it should hold. I'm good. You would only assume over a long period of time.... the top 10 coins will all gain over time? Wouldn't you? I don't believe crypto is going anywhere????!?!!? But this is all new to me.... and from a reality standpoint... is this real? Or am I dreaming? It's a new world for everyone who's doing this.

True, it takes RISKS for HUGE REWARDS.
    I'm just busting your balls but you need to relax a bit or your going to die from a heart attack before you get to enjoy this crypto money...

Ever thought of diversifying a bit?

TheMoneyShot

I'm just busting your balls but you need to relax a bit or your going to die from a heart attack before you get to enjoy this crypto money...

Ever thought of diversifying a bit?
    It's all good.

And again.... Bitcoin losing... and now ETH losing. Asia morning apparently?

After the Superbowl is over I'm going to balance everything out.... slow my wagering down... and hopefully have some sort of system with crypto. Something that makes me a few bucks each day... I don't care if it's only $50 Net per day... or $1,500 a month. I'm not going to be greedy. I have basically 90% of my bankroll in BTC. I wager aggressive during playoff games.

But after football is over.... hopefully have more BTC firepower to play with.... and I'm going to chip away with my baby nuts... and sell high and buy low with BTC. If I make a mistake.... life goes on.

At this point... I don't know anything about other crypto. I might not know anything about BTC either.

Sam Odom

buying time again soon... ?

at what #

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

buying time again soon... ?

at what #
    Lowest that I noticed it hit last night was around $12,880. I almost hit the buy button but.... I was worried it might drop to 12,000 or even lower.

I was looking over a few charts... the lowest it hit after it's amazing run was $12,600 (correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also... the ceiling seems to be around 17k.... then the sells happen.

Who knows how long it will take to reach 17k now. Maybe 16k is the ceiling? Who knows?

JAKEPEAVY21

stay strong moneyshot

Outsider626
    Outsider626's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5178

I think it's not a bad buy at 13.5.

ChuckyTheGoat

Would like to see this thing catch some steam + get over 14,000 by morning.

Sam Odom

Optional

I have 50 points riding on this making 17k before superbowl.

Should I hedge??

ChuckyTheGoat

Should I hedge??
    Opti, make me rich.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Should I hedge??

Sam Odom

First 12345 ... Last