daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Very poor clock management. Not sure why so many coaches screw up with simple numbers. Just run the ball 3 times and you might burn the clock or even get a first down. It was wet so maybe he knew better???
    Most coaches are jocks who are good at teaching football to players but suck at basic math and simple game theory logic. They can teach proper form on route running & tackling but most coaches would split two 5’s in blackjack.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

one of the most ridiculous endings of all time

they lost like 20 yards taking knees and then he gives marshall a chance to win with 8 seconds left by having the punter take a safety from the 25

he definitely shouldnt have touched it on twitter

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Did any reporter ask Chryst (WIS) about kicking the late fg to cover spread?

Pretty obvious what he was doing.
    everything is fine until you acknowledge you ****** with the spread in writing, i imagine chryst didnt do that

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

they asked andy reid about the end of MNF and he just laughed and said he didnt know anything about that, he just wanted to get home alive or something to that effect

this looks very fishy, then kiffin basically admits he did it on purpose on twitter
    Last edited by thetrinity; 11-04-17 at 06:54 AM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Lol some of you guys are so sore. He’s not getting investigated over this. Move on to today’s games

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

I actually thought it was right play. Pouring rain there so that's why they weren't handing off. Qb was trying to wait as long as he could before taking knee hence so many lost yards (he just ran backwards and tried to stay up as long as possible). Taking safety ran more time off clock and gave them free kick instead of punter being rushed and possibly blocked. From a un biased football perspective he likely played it right.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Lol some of you guys are so sore. He’s not getting investigated over this. Move on to today’s games
    Seems the general public jumps straight to the " political" environment now .
    Investigations galore on everything .
    They know the lines , they know what can / will affect , half the viewers are watching because they have cash on it .
    No big deal , he can easily say someone told him that detail after the game what that created , then it's a non story .

bonz
    bonz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

The self absorbed prick googled himself after the game. Then tried to act cool about
    the spread cause he almost fukked up.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

LK will be greater than Saban one day

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10790

Only thing more entertaining than watching that ending is hearing the comments in this thread

dblock05
    dblock05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2726

Big overreaction and a bunch of sore losers in this thread

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

David PurdumESPN Staff Writer

A Florida Atlantic spokesperson says coach Lane Kiffin was joking Friday night when he tweeted about a late intentional safety impacting the betting result in the Owls' victory over Marshall.

Florida Atlantic, which closed as a 6.5-point favorite, owned a 30-23 lead with 14 seconds remaining when Kiffin opted to concede a safety rather than risking a blocked punt deep inside the Owls' territory.

Kiffin took to Twitter after the game and, according to the school's spokesperson, joked about the Owls not covering the spread with their 30-25 victory.

Kiffin told reporters after the game that a clock-management miscalculation from the coaching booth on Florida Atlantic's final possession left the Owls with a fourth down on their own 24-yard line with 14 seconds left. Owls punter Ryan Rickel ran out of the back of the end zone for a safety, and Florida Atlantic bettors went from winners to losers.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

what if the free kick got returned for a td.....

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Harbaugh should have done something similar against Michigan st

BreesIsTheGOAT
    BreesIsTheGOAT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    They were up by 7 before the safety with the line hovering between -6 and -6.5. They won by 5.

The rat poison is to troll Nick Saban who has used that reference before to complain about previous coverage of the team (Kiffin has used that term before in previous tweets).
    http://www.espn.com/blog/ncfnation/p...t-poison-tweet

The line was 7 for most of the day Friday and all night leading to the game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    How does this guy go from coaching the Oakland Raiders, USC and Alabama to coaching at FIU? Is he rly that awful?
    Why does a guy who does not even know what team he coaches make stupid posts like this? He Coaches FAU, NOT FIU. He also was never the HC at Alabama.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

this is absolutely ridiculous

i hope he gets taken outback

maybe have a blooming onion stuffed down his throat

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It was the right play like when Harbaugh declined the safety for the 49ers.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17128

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Then why did he say it? I get the second part of his statement. But saying "Didin't want to cover" only has one implication and it ain't trolling Saban. What the fuk would Saban care about their spread, why would even care about FAU actually.
    the saban reference was about the media making players egos inflated so i assume in his joke he meant he didnt want to cover so ppl wouldnt be overly praising his team.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10790

Fried cheese gets it!

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by Slipknot26 View Post
    Jesus Christ dude , what the fukk does the pricks pick have to do with BTP winners ? He hasn't won a week yet has he ? If the Prick loses the winners will get less points .
    Piss poor reference you're trying to use vs poor record keeping .
    Grown fukkin men can answer for themselves if they tail losses , you included .

Lol Wtf r u talking about? I'm saying the prick lost either way and the safety had no effect. Btw it wasn't poor record keeping, it was purposeful misleading, he said so himself. U still drunk from last night?

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Then why did he say it? I get the second part of his statement. But saying "Didin't want to cover" only has one implication and it ain't trolling Saban. What the fuk would Saban care about their spread, why would even care about FAU actually.
    He was so obviously taking a jab at the people complaining and tweeting. "it's like, yeah dumbazzes, i'm taking a safety not to cover". He has a job as a football coach and they are complaining he won and didn't cover. use some common sense lol.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

On -6.5 like a fkn idiot

not the first time and definitely not the last time we get Kiffin’d

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I actually thought it was right play. Pouring rain there so that's why they weren't handing off. Qb was trying to wait as long as he could before taking knee hence so many lost yards (he just ran backwards and tried to stay up as long as possible). Taking safety ran more time off clock and gave them free kick instead of punter being rushed and possibly blocked. From a un biased football perspective he likely played it right.
    The bad beat was FAU mismanaging the clock. They weren’t taking knees because of the rain, it was because the bonehead coaches led by Kiffin can’t count.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    How does this guy go from coaching the Oakland Raiders, USC and Alabama to coaching at FIU? Is he rly that awful?
    He had janikowski attempt a 76 yard field goal the day before he got canned from Oakland knowing he was going to get fired. Legendary

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by BreesIsTheGOAT View Post
    The line was 7 for most of the day Friday and all night leading to the game.
    From what I was reading, it was -6.5 mostly (and I read some people complaining they had -6) but I stand corrected.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    This guys going to be fired one season is over
    Fired? Haha, he's going to have job offers lined up everywhere. I'm hoping my Gators go get him. This guy is a flat out winner and will wreck havoc in the SEC.
    He was mocking Saban by implying that he didn't want to cover so his players wouldn't get the big head as if they are anything special. He didn't want his kids reading their own press because it's poison.

First 12