JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    I actually think this could be NDs toughest test the rest of season, tougher than the Miami game coming up in 2 weeks. If Irish win this game I’m convinced they’re a top-5 team. There’s nothing tougher than coming off an emotional win against big opponent and then playing another strong opponent the following week coming off a bye.

This reminds me of the same scenario from 1993 when ND beat FSU and then had to try and get up for BC the next week and lost.
    ya florida st won the national championship that year when both them and ND had 1 loss and ND beat them H2H...absolutely ridiculous and shameful!

you might be right...I was thinking Stanford might be toughest game left until the oregon st game the other night...bottle up Bryce Love and game over

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

never fails two great games on at same time today

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

More like 5 good games on at same time. I dont feel the same way about Dame anymore, after looking into State more, +7 on paper is plenty.

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4149

This reminds me of the same scenario from 1993 when ND beat FSU and then had to try and get up for BC the next week and lost.
    That is textbook example of the bad old days when rankings were determined by which team simply had the most recent loss.

Actually, come to think of it, we still see that an awful lot today in the rankings, but the playoff committee (so far) has not been swayed by that.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Okay I am now becoming convinced this Irish team is a national title contender. They are the real deal.

BriGuy

Okay I am now becoming convinced this Irish team is a national title contender. They are the real deal.
    I'm becoming more convinced of it too, but not because of what is going on in South Bend. NC State is ridiculously overrated at #14.

What impresses me about Notre Dame is how ridiculously easy UGA is slicing through the SEC. Margin of victories for UGA in conference are 28, 41, 31, 25 and a 42 point lead against Florida. With each UGA blow out, it strengthens ND's case as the best 1-loss team in the nation.

jtoler

Looks like the first mind was right. NC State shot themselves in the foot a few times. QB see clock running down but turns his head when he knows ball is coming, how stupid. Too many mistakes game should be closer.

jtoler

In other news, TCU absolutely sucks.

jtoler

UGA still hasnt really played anyone in the SEC, Auburn will be a test, if they make it to sec championship against Bama then people wont be so high on them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Irish look devastating

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    In other news, TCU absolutely sucks.
    The game is not over so they may pull it out, but there is no freaking way they are the #4 team in the nation.

jtoler

Its over, good riddance, another pretender gone. Dumb coach didnt help burning timeouts, running on 3rd and 12 with 3 minutes left, no faith in qb who isnt good. Weeding out the pretenders, too bad it took 8 weeks to do it.

BriGuy

Its over, good riddance, another pretender gone. Dumb coach didnt help burning timeouts, running on 3rd and 12 with 3 minutes left, no faith in qb who isnt good. Weeding out the pretenders, too bad it took 8 weeks to do it.
    Turnovers killed 'em. They could've easy won 21-14.

They may have a helluva time selecting the participants for the Big XII Conference Game. Things could easily shake out as 1 team with 1-loss and then *3* teams with 2 losses. Or possibly 4 teams with 2 losses!

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice win

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Turnovers killed 'em. They could've easy won 21-14.

They may have a helluva time selecting the participants for the Big XII Conference Game. Things could easily shake out as 1 team with 1-loss and then *3* teams with 2 losses. Or possibly 4 teams with 2 losses!
    Turnovers a part of the game, they committed them and in the fashion they did because they arnt that good. I dont see how that team I saw today beat Okie St. Not a talented team, where is the speed, only one fighting was rb. They should lose to Texas, Oklahoma, TTech and probably Baylor, lose out.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This gAme just showed how great uga is

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47529

ND is a dangerous team

I expect them to run the table and make the playoff

This ND team is way better than the team a few years ago that lost to Alabama in the national championship game

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

UGA still hasnt really played anyone in the SEC, Auburn will be a test, if they make it to sec championship against Bama then people wont be so high on them.
    Georgia very overrated. I'm hoping they meet Bama in the SECCG. Talk about huge beatdown pending. They are one dimensional and that is easy to stop against a good team. Their defense is overrated as well. They've played a lot of offensively challenged teams. I'm not sure about the Auburn game because Auburn is Jekyll and Hyde. You never know which team shows up.

By default, ND is overrated right now as well. I don't see them running the table. They'll slip again. Plenty of football left to be played. Lot of money to be made.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Georgia very overrated. I'm hoping they meet Bama in the SECCG. Talk about huge beatdown pending. They are one dimensional and that is easy to stop against a good team. Their defense is overrated as well. They've played a lot of offensively challenged teams. I'm not sure about the Auburn game because Auburn is Jekyll and Hyde. You never know which team shows up.

By default, ND is overrated right now as well. I don't see them running the table. They'll slip again. Plenty of football left to be played. Lot of money to be made.
    I agree, I cant make the proper assessment of them because I havent really seen them this year, but Im always checking stats and what happen when they cant run. Fromm threw only 7 times today, he's been averaging about 10 throws a game, well youre not gonna run it down Bama's throat, that will be 3 and outs. Wont be able to against Auburn either.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post

I don’t who ND will lose too, though. I actually think they will beat Miami. The Canes are putting everything into next week and they could have a letdown the following week with ND. That leaves Stanford away but I think nd a better team than Stanford

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11162

I don’t who ND will lose too, though. I actually think they will beat Miami. The Canes are putting everything into next week and they could have a letdown the following week with ND. That leaves Stanford away but I think nd a better team than Stanford
    I think Miami is overrated as well. They are squeaking by some bad teams. A lot of bad teams out there right now and only a few good ones. Once these teams play a team with a pulse, they are going to get boat raced.

BriGuy

Yeah, ND's big fear IMHO should be the Stanford game. Miami is very beatable but a lot of weird things happen Thanksgiving weekend.

First 12