View Poll Results: POLL: Do you believe that you are smarter than the AVERAGE person at SBR?

Voters
188. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

166 88.30%
  • No

22 11.70%
    JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3643

POLL: Do you believe that you are smarter than the AVERAGE person at SBR?

POLL: Do you believe that you are smarter than the AVERAGE person at SBR?

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i say no, i am new to the game, even though been betting for years i am finally starting to keep track of my bets and learn trends and such. i think i have a lot to learn and def admit my weaknesses. i appreciate the sbr pro's on here i can learn from.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Hell no, maybe more naturally intelligent but my smarts are long gone.

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Define "smart". There are many forms of intelligence.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

without a doubt

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Define "smart". There are many forms of intelligence.
    I had a feeling this would come up and it's a very legitimate response. I couldn't think of a better way to phrase the question in a single sentence. I guess that makes me below average.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

god i hope so

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1896

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt2341 View Post
    I had a feeling this would come up and it's a very legitimate response. I couldn't think of a better way to phrase the question in a single sentence. I guess that makes me below average.
    I do not think that I am smarter, because like I said, there are many forms of intelligence. I am above average intelligence in my areas of expertise, whereas I am quite dumb in other areas.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

If you are pondering what he means by "smart" - just click yes.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Of course I am

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

I consider myself in the top 1% of SBR, education and intelligence wise at least

BR management is something else

denn333
    Update your status
    denn333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i did gradeate, but am as dumb as a box of rocks.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i am smart enough to know that more people think they are smarter than average than think they aren't.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

wisdom is more important than intelligence, whatever the kind
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: I/O

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by antifoil View Post
    i am smart enough to know that more people think they are smarter than average than think they aren't.
    Exactly why I created the poll. Most people think they are above average at most things. Especially things like... driving, sense of humor, sex, fighting ability, and intelligence... among many other things. I'm actually sort of surprised at the results so far. I thought it would be somewhere between 85% and 90% that thought they were above average. Maybe I should have asked "Are you above average in bed?" instead.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Exactly why I created the poll. Most people think they are above average at most things.
    This is known as self serving bias and is increasingly more dangerous for society as our culture shifts further away from a collectivist identity to an individualistic one. Think about all the political decisions made by people who believe themselves to be vastly superior to those they're governing. I scroll through facebook sometimes and wonder how a tool created to connect people turned into a billion people all simultaneously screaming "look how awesome my life is!"

Like many here, I'm just smart enough to realize how dumb I must really be.

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Maybe I should have asked "Are you above average in bed?" instead.
    i have satisfied numerous females cokk-only, and no i am not from the "advantaged" sector of society

i am not "disadvantaged" to a crippling degree as I know a few are, but make no mistake I am "lower-middle class" at best

nevertheless, i have routinely been able to satisfy females cokk-only

therefore i have reason to believe that i am above average in bed as far as skills are concerned
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The term average intelligence is fun, because by definition at least half the population is below average.

SBR has a solid sample size - so it goes that half of SBR posters are below average. Unless you want to say SBR as a whole is either above or below the average intelligence of the rest of the world, and then messes with the numbers.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    i have satisfied numerous females cokk-only, and no i am not from the "advantaged" sector of society

i am not "disadvantaged" to a crippling degree as I know a few are, but make no mistake I am "lower-middle class" at best

therefore i have reason to believe that i am above average in bed as far as skills are concerned
    horshak im not saying to do it but after reading this i couldnt help but wonder if you could satisfy me cok only

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    This is known as self serving bias and is increasingly more dangerous for society as our culture shifts further away from a collectivist identity to an individualistic one. Think about all the political decisions made by people who believe themselves to be vastly superior to those they're governing. I scroll through facebook sometimes and wonder how a tool created to connect people turned into a billion people all simultaneously screaming "look how awesome my life is!"

Like many here, I'm just smart enough to realize how dumb I must really be.
    Here's another version: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    i have satisfied numerous females cokk-only , and no i am not from the "advantaged" sector of society

therefore i have reason to believe that i am above average in bed as far asskills are concerned
    carpe what's on your mind pal?

chilidog

Nobody admits to being a bad driver, being bad in bed, nor being stupid.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Dont think it's a bias. Go read 3 pages of players talk then play a few poker tournaments and you'll feel a lot better about where you stand in the world.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't believe I am. I know I am.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post

What's that like?

chilidog

Which type(s) of intelligence?

http://skyview.vansd.org/lschmidt/Pr...telligence.htm

TheRifleman
    TheRifleman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 488

The average poster at SBR are liberals politically.... along with some mods. That being the case...we all know that liberals are DUMB, real DUMB..... which means that I am certainly in the top 1% in intelligence... possibly the smartest poster that posts here.

I'd be happy to take an IQ test in a challenge against anyone who has the balls to step up to the plate

I'm sure ....crickets.....
    Last edited by TheRifleman; 10-31-12 at 09:05 AM.

chilidog

Quote Originally Posted by TheRifleman View Post
    The average poster at SBR are liberals politically.... along with some mods. That being the case...we all know that liberals are DUMB, real DUMB..... which means that I am certainly in the top 1% in intelligence... possibly the smartest poster that posts here.

I'd be happy to take an IQ test in a challenge against anyone who has the balls to step up to the plate

Which type(s) of intelligence do you excel in? It can't be all of them. Nobody is "smarter" than anybody else. We are just smarter in certain types of intelligence than others, while dumb in others. It all averages out.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Took you 6 words to come off as an idiot in a post dictating your intellectual superiority over the rest of the forum. Nice job.

JohnGalt2341

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Which type(s) of intelligence do you excel in? It can't be all of them. Nobody is "smarter" than anybody else. We are just smarter in certain types of intelligence than others, while dumb in others. It all averages out.

I agree with you for the most part. I used to work with a woman whom I thought was borderline mentally challenged. Until one day I heard her giving my buddy and coworker some relationship advice. Then she sounded like an absolute genius. I was amazed. I have however... met some people that don't seem to be above average in any types of intelligence. I'd like to think that they might excel in something and I'm completely unaware of it. But it's sort of hard to imagine with some people.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Lol

PastorSinAlot
    PastorSinAlot's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am the smartestte personi every

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

The only thing you know better than the average poster is info at crazy, right wing websites. Other than that nonsense you are a certifiable moron. Basically all you've shown you can do is copy/paste. And if you think SBR is full of liberals you haven't paid attention in the two months that you've been here.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I guarantee, and I mean ironclad guarantee, I could best on you any feat of human intelligence. I won't claim that for anyone else, but for you, absolutely. I don't imagine it's much of an accomplishment because, well...it's you. It's not because you're Republican though that you're stupid, you can't even claim that in any sense. You were just born sub-par and are incapable to crawling out of that hole.

1234 ... Last