stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Dunleavy !

I'm watching this Knicks game just for chits and giggles, Dunleavy comes off the bench, in game for 12 minutes, goes 9 for 10 from the field, 5 for 6 from beyond the arch, 24 points, guy is freaking lights out.

When healthy this guy could be a perennial all star, thing is he's never healthy.
    Mike Breen said he's shooting 61 percent from the field in the last six games.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

he would be first ballot hall of famer if he only played the knicks

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ok wtf happened in the 3rd quarter, unfortunately I don't have a live stream, but I come back to my laptop to find Jennings and Ellis shooting a combined 3-23, and the Knicks had 20 fts in the 3rd quarter.

agarcia
    agarcia's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 262

Aside from Dunleavy the Bucks cant hit shit. got Jennings missing a easy lay up air balling a three point shot. Ellis isn't doing any better.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by Jago2008 View Post
    Ok wtf happened in the 3rd quarter
    Lid sealed up for the Bucks, they laid more bricks than a dozen masons at a job site.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Ugliest game I've seen all year. If wasnt for Dunleavy knicks would be up 25 LOL obviously

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Lid sealed up for the Bucks, they laid more bricks than a dozen masons at a job site.

zoo youk

Bucks have built mansions tonight. Never saw an NBA team shoot so bad

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Dunleavy isn't aggressive enough to be anything more than he already is. Always been his problem along with injuries.

zoo youk

So funny that this is knicks biggest game of the year and its so Fkn ugly

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

<<<<<<<<<<<<< Hi my name is Iman and I steal basketballs for a living

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

October 14, 2009

The beauty of asking an otherwise ordinary question is a wildly unexpected answer.
    A couple of us were chatting with Clippers Coach Mike Dunleavy on Tuesday at Clippers HQ and for some unknown reason I asked him if he had a nickname in his playing days. (Maybe it was because of the on-going search to find one for Clipper rookie Blake Griffin)

Said Dunleavy: "Chicken Man."

Say what? That was NOT among my first 100 guesses.

"They had a promotion in Houston," Dunleavy said of his Rockets' days. "They got free fried chicken for 135 points. So the first night of the promotion, I scored the 135th point. The guy almost died, 'I thought you people told me this wouldn't happen very often. If it's going to happen every game, I'm going to be out of business.'

"So it happened five times over a three-year period. And all five times, I was the guy that made the shot. On the second or third one, I went down on a two-on-one fast break, got a behind-the-back pass to Robert Reid and he goes in for a dunk and misses it.

"We kept getting offensive rebounds. Everybody else had a shot at it and couldn't make it and I made it. After that, when it got close, they started chanting, 'Put in the Chicken Man. Chicken Man. Chicken Man.'"

The legend of pollo stayed with Dunleavy over the years, following him to such places as a golf outing in Palm Springs and the University of Texas, the latter coming when he once took his son Baker there for a visit.

"I'm out on the football field and a guy from 40 yards away - and I'm with Baker and the coach - and he says, 'Oh there's Chicken Man, Chicken Man,'" Dunleavy said.

So let's raise a chicken wing to Hombre Pollo.

-- Lisa Dillman