gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I had a really good buddy who got barreled in when he was in his early 20's. He ended up defrauding his friends and family to the tune of 40k. Ended up dying in a single car accident on a desolate highway. Don't go that route pal.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I'm at rock bottom as I type this. My whole world is going to shit. And I haven't placed a bet in almost a year. Go figure.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

i've gone down over 60K before so your 800 is chump change pal

jimmyeatworld
    jimmyeatworld's Avatar Become A Pro!

in my younger days i once ran my account up to 30K online, was dreaming of things I was going to do with it, got slow paid, and only ended up getting 10,000 of the site

i know i was really up 9 grand, but it felt like I burned 20,000 and just couldn't deal with it for a long, long time. couldnt' even make love with my wife that week

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    I had a really good buddy who got barreled in when he was in his early 20's. He ended up defrauding his friends and family to the tune of 40k. Ended up dying in a single car accident on a desolate highway. Don't go that route pal.
    How did he swindle 40k?

UntilTheNDofTimE
    I thought i told you that we dont stop
    UntilTheNDofTimE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    How did he swindle 40k?
    sounds like my friends buddy. he stole 25,000 from him. Had his buddys CC info and deposited 25k into multiple sports books over a 3 weeks period and lost it all. made a few threads about this last year. Til this day the guy hasnt paid back a cent of the 40k total he owes the dude.

As for me, sports betting the deepest i ever got was a few thousand. I bet on sports from age 17 to 19 and pretty much quit then. I never had a great job at that age so i couldn't lose much.

Im 22 now and play a lot of 2/5 and 5/10 poker and if i run bad in a week i can lose like 7k over 4-5 sessions.

NickBaragona
    NickBaragona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I deposited $100 in 5dimes and built it up to $1200. Lost all of that in a week and felt horrible. It was all profit but still...wish I would have taken some of that out...

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoja Verdes View Post
    I'm at rock bottom as I type this. My whole world is going to shit. And I haven't placed a bet in almost a year. Go figure.
    interesting lead in. tell us more

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

if ur working and living with parents and not paying rent 800 is nothing. U should be able to get up that scratch rather quick. If u need action just p2p 250 to 5dimes and bet small. Won't get rich but won't go bust either. Money management is key. With that u can ride out bad streaks and not go broke.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie Mccracken View Post
    How did he swindle 40k?
    opened cc's in his father in law and brother in law's names... ripped off discover... forged checks. you name it he tried it. he had bookies threatening his wife. it was pretty bad.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Who hasn't taken a big hit in life?

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by tymoline View Post
    Im 19 and lost 4 grand in one night man. Keep firing u can get it back

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

this thread is like a horror story because we're all quite similar.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

maybe this sbrpoint will help ease your pain.

and to answer the question- ive never let myself go too far below zero aside from student loans but have been zeroed more times than a semi-intelligent adult should be for sure.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

You want some sage advice?

Here it is:

(a) Work an extra 35-40 hour shift at McDonalds. You'll recoop that $800 back in like what.....6months?

(b) Forget gambling. Never gamble if you're intoxicated, lonely or depressed. In your case you are 2 outta 3. Instead go out and find a club, hobby or group to join that contains people that have similar interests as you. You'll forget about gambling in no time. It's more important at your age to develop your life....not bad habits like betting mid-tier collge basketball games at 11 pm on a wednesday night.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I'm down a couple hundred grand in the stock and housing market. I'm pretty sure I'll make it back!

135steward
    135steward's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 565

c'mon, guys! Do you really believe Bengals28 is for real?! He's like that DroopyDog cartoon character: "Gambling is my only friend;" "I need my mom to manage my money." He's putting us on! LOL!!!

Btw, that posting about the car crash on a desolate highway reminds me of a meth addict I knew about 40 years ago. He got so in debt to his dealer that he was scared to death of what would happen to him. Literally. He wrapped himself around a tree at about 100mph. Lee Fortney. Thanks for the memories, guys.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

Stop gambling.

Stelio Kontos
    Stelio Kontos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

30K in 6 months. Was okay in the beginning but them I began chasing with teasers and parlays. Truly felt sick and depressed for the entire time. I kept thinking "OK this next bet HAS TO HIT!" My luck will turn around. Totally stupid in retrospect. Then I figured out that I wasn't gambling for the $$$. It was about the thrill , the excitement and EGO. I wanted to beat the books SO BAD.

A tough lesson to learn. Once I came to the realization that I LOVE the process of researching injuries, matchups, coaching styles, etc and making betting decisions based on those factors I became happier.

Now I understand that I WILL NOT win every bet...fluke things happen in sports...missed field goals...half court shots at the buzzer...teams not being motivated enough to play....TEBOW, etc

Now I practice STRICT bankroll management and I don't try to win the lottery no matter what the parlay calculator tells me.

We have all felt that pit in our stomach when we lose - especially when we thought had a LOCK OF THE WEEK OF THE YEAR.

But with bankroll management I can just shrug it off and learn from why my capping went bad. The longer I do this the smarter I become and the less my ego plays into my picks.

BOL OP
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: numismatist

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Become a bookie , I still gamble but just to offset my exposures -----if the mods don't attack me I would tell u but for some reason Mr. BackendZuckerburgHack is watched round these parts...ps bet TX Rangers ml yr round

BeBrave
    Bang Biscuit
    BeBrave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

I lost on a scratch off once.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Wow a whole $800 dollars...

lite1up
    UTEP +18
    lite1up's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

haha, this brings back memories.

if you think that's bad, try maxing out your first CC at $1,000, applying/receiving a 2nd, maxing that out at $1,000, and losing it all on sports wagering within a month.

That's what happened to me when I was 18 and a broke college student 9 years ago.

Think it actually helped me in the long run as it probably would've been worse if I ran off a win streak. I quit gambling for 5 years after that...finally decided to come back. Now, I've pretty much mastered the money management part and play well below my means. I flat bet an amount so laughable to most of you on this forum that I won't even bother telling you my bet size. But hey, I can still sleep at night after I go 1-7...

First 12