Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
I am well aware of Scottie Pippen. I was alive, "watching" the games... Jordan never had an interior offensive/defensive prescence like Shaq/Gasol. How many teams have you seen win championships without the "big man" other the Jordan??? CASE CLOSED!
You don't realize it, but guys like Dennis Rodman are as if not more important then a guy like Gasol. The 80's pistons and the early 2000's Pistons won titles without "the big man". And the Jazz, Sonics, Nets, Suns, Sixers etc have all gotten damn close with big men no worse then what the bulls had. You do need a great defensive presence inside, but not a great "interior offensive/defensive presence" like you think. You win titles with defense, not individual defense so much as team defense. Whether that's inside or outside or whatever, doesn't matter so much. The Pistons won a championship and went to 2 or 3 finals with Ben Wallace as their "big man". Ben was exact same type of player that Dennis Rodman was. Jordan won his titles b/c of unreal team defense that included guys like Rodman and Horace Grant down low. The Celtics win titles b/c of great team defense. You think they give Kobe such a hard time b/c Ray Allen is just that damn good? If you didn't know, Kobe used to light Ray up when he was in Seattle. What's the difference? It's b/c the Celtics guard him as a team and their rotations, effort, and help are fuking amazing. Championships are won on defense, and you can't say that Jordan didn't have at least 1 really really good defensive big man for any of his titles. I'll never understand this myth that Jordan carried these terrible teams to titles. Jordan was the best ever, but if you think Bulls teams weren't that good outside of him, then you don't understand what a good team is. For such a terrible team, they won 55 games and took the knicks to 7 games in the playoffs without him. That's pretty good for that shit hole of a front court they had.