Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
I don't know anybody that likes Skynyrd and Neil Young. It's kinda hard when a southern man don't need him around anyhow.

I would like to think you'd agree that different cultures develop different notions of character.

I would also like to think you'd agree that one's geography goes a long way into determining one's values. (IE: Why people who live in crowded cities like New York tend to be louder and shout more and people that live in places like Alaska drink more and have more sex because it's cold and dark and there's nothing to do. They also have more guns and learn how to shoot them because of bears.)

And if you can understand those things, I would like think that you would understand that character and geography are usually correlative.
I believe what you'd like to think is that everyone will eventually come around to your narrow-minded, compartmentalizing of people. While you don't know anyone who likes both Young and Skynyrd, I know plenty of people who do. It doesn't mean everyone does, but at the same time the fact you don't know them doesn't mean nobody does. Tolerance, look the word up sometime.