Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
the party of hypocrisy.

And yet so many people can't or won't see it. Some of them with high intelligence and also highly educated. In some cases it is one issue, abortion or gun control or hatred of alternative life styles.

Many years ago I ran into a bunch of old friends in a local restaurant. Politics came up in conversation and I was surprised to discover that many of them were now R's. I questioned them and said guys what happened? what is up? They replied they still believe in most of the politics of the D's but they just can't get past abortion. What could I say? I can understand that. It is a very difficult issue for many people.

If the R's lost that issue I don't believe they would win very many elections. Many people believe in most or all the social issues the D's believe in but they just can't agree with abortion. One issue people. There are a ton of them.

But this I do know. American political history proves that every social issue that is fought for by progressives eventually becomes the norm. Every one of them. So, it is just a matter of time until the hot button issues of today will be acceptable policy. Starting with slavery, child labor laws,
all the legislation passed during FDR's terms, the rights of women, the rights of the disabled, food and drug laws all of these and many more were fiercely fought by the conservatives of the time. And today all of them are accepted by most every person in the world. Just a matter of time. The days of the wing nuts are limited, and some of them know it.