Originally posted on 10/08/2017:

Quote Originally Posted by RangeFinder View Post
That's not what I'm saying. They can do it wherever or whenever they want. But does it make it right? that's what they need to ask themselves. All they are doing is creating division. That is not what protesting is about.
Again, you're putting your own interpretation and assume that not only is it correct, but that it applies to everyone.

The majority of the players I've heard speak, are all protesting the same thing. They are protesting what (they feel) is that the police are disproportionately targeting minorities. Like I said, maybe the stats don't back it up. Maybe they're letting their own experience skew the overall numbers. In truth, it doesn't matter if they are wrong (ie: if stats show that all races get pulled over and harassed at the same rate).

Pretty sure the flag code says a flag should not be carried horizontally. Where's all the protests about those massive flags they display horizontally at stadiums? Try as they might, there have been countless times those flags have also touched the ground. Isn't that disrespecting the flag when the code is quite clear?

Again, you're free to protest (by boycotting). I've spoken to a Vet (Korean War) who is not in the least bit offended or feels disrespected by their actions. Does his opinion matter less, more or the same as mine, yours, Trumps?

If someone feels like they want to protest (perceived or otherwise) injustice peacefully, I really don't think it's my, or your place to define "what protesting is all about" or to tell them when/where they should simply because it's divisive.