Originally posted on 08/26/2017:

Looking back at this thread, I started it over 3 years ago. How time flies..... Haven't post much in this thread lately, but I will try to keep it going when I see something good. Like today's Travers....

DRF Race of the Day, 8.26, Saratoga, The Travers @ 1 1/4 on Dirt

This year's 3 year old crop has been disappointing. A lot of them still has a big question mark. With that said, I think that's why we have a field of 12 who will try to grab a piece of that $1.25mil purse. I mean we have the Kentucky Derby winner @ 6-1, the Preakness winner @ 8-1, and the Belmont winner @ 7/2. Then, we have Baffert's horse 3- West Coast @ 4-1, and the famous one run closer 8- Lookin At Lee @ 30-1, and McLaughlin's lightly raced horse that costs $800k @ 30-1. What a crazy set of horses with crazy ML odds. The experts at DRF picked 1-Cloud Computing (Mike) and 5-Good Samaritan (Dan). To me, the biggest question is who can do this classic distance. On paper, it looks like 7- Always Dreaming should get the lead and ride like he did in the Derby. On closer look, I actually think he will have more company that he wants. And there are quite a few that are closers. With that, I think the winner will come from one that is mid pack and tactical speed. With a price, the 9-McCraken (ML 12-1) and 10-Irap (ML 8-1) are very interesting. Especially Irap, this horse looks most improved after the break from the Derby. He is one of few that has cracked over 100 Beyer speed since the Derby. And McCraken always tries and he is out of Ghostzapper and I think he should relish the distance. They are drawn on the outside, they should be able to get a clean trip sitting in the middle and make the first move against leaders.

$10 WP 9, 10
$2 Ex 9, 10/ 4, 5, 9, 10
$0.5 Tri 9,10/ 4, 5, 9, 10/all

As usually, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all.