Originally posted on 01/07/2016:

THis may be the most accurate and sensible post I have ever read on SBR. That being said; I fully expect the NFL to screw the pooch and completely f up any and all team moves. They will probably block The Rams and put the Chargers and Raiders in Carson just because it's the stupidist thing to do. Personally I think a new stadium in mission valley (San Diego) would draw a decent fan base. The current stadium might be worse than the Oakland coliseum. A winning product would assure attendance. The Spanos family needs to go if that team ever expects to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by POOLSIDE View Post
As a lifelong Los Angeles resident, I'd love to have an nfl team. But here's the thing. We need to have one nfl team. Not two. We tried two before, it didn't work.

As far as fanbases go, with the exception of the Lakers who we are deeply in love with, we're probably the least loyal of any city in professional sports. And even that Lakers love will begin to dissipate if they don't get some big name free agents.

If you're doing well, we'll go to the games and buy jerseys etc. For evidence, look no further than the current versions of the Clippers, Dodgers, and Kings. But let's not forget where these teams were before they got decent for the last few years.

Prior to their recent successes, these teams have all been garbage for at least the last decade. The Kings never had a championship and hadn't been relevant since Gretzky. The Dodgers still haven't won anything since the 80's, but at least they've been a top five team the last few seasons. The Clippers are the most pathetic, inept franchise in professional sports but for the last several years they've at least been a threat to possibly make the wcf.

However, when these three teams were basement dwellers, nobody went to the games. I've seen homeless dudes trying to sell Clippers tickets outside of Staples for ten percent of face value. I've been offered Dodgers tickets for filling up my gas tank, and politely declined them. It's la. We seriously don't give a shit. I know other cities get super concerned and supportive when their teams are struggling. We do not. When I was growing up in the 90's, we could grab $8 Dodgers tickets to any game on zero notice.

Point being, we aren't a loyal enough fanbase to divide what little love there is between two teams. Outside of serious sports fans, no one has an affinity to any of the teams that may move here. The casual fan doesn't care. They'll "love" whoever we get, whether it's the Chargers, Rams, or Raiders. But if we get two, all that love is cut in half between the two teams. It's an incredibly stupid business model.

The other thing to consider is our demographic. I'm a Raiders fan, but I sincerely hope they don't end up here. The Hispanic gangsters looooove the Raiders, and they're the worst people to attend a sporting event with. Anyone who's been to a Dodgers game can back me up when I say that it sucks. A bunch of trashy tatted up drunk idiots staring each other down while they throw up gang signs and almost come to blows. It's pathetic. And god forbid you're a fan of the opposing team and end up sitting next to the wrong dude. Have fun with that. Give me the Rams or Chargers any day, and let's hope they hike the ticket prices way up to keep those losers out.