Originally posted on 10/02/2015:

Quote Originally Posted by Sherfire View Post
Wow thanks Slacker. I have managed to figure out what touts are but I didn't realize units originated from them. My interpretation of units was simply the confidence in the outcome. I figured i'd start at 20 dollar minimum bets and based on my confidence i'd increase the bet. So 20 bucks = 1 unit.. 40 = 2 and so on. I guess I just dunno what i'm talking about so i'll not list my units.

Question though, in your first post you said "I just flat bet everything 1% of BR".. what is BR?

Also, are there any spreadsheets for keeping track of player/team data that I may find useful? Any good web sources for that kind of data? I'm full of questions.

And thanks Jowfarms. GL2U2
Yes, sorry about BR. BR=Bankroll.

I've tried all kinds of spreadsheets, databases. But you'll think I'm crazy, I always go back to plain old-fashioned notebooks. So, I can't really recommend anything, but any old spreadsheet like Excel is useful. I just find it tedious to enter numbers all the time. If I'm trying to figure out a specific wrinkle, I'll use those. But, there's just something about seeing everything written out in my own hand, almost like I can figure out my temperment by my handwriting when I took those notes (was I tired? agitated? in a hurry? etc). I guess I can be superstitious like anyone else, I seem to do my best when I write it all out and go through this routine, maybe just dumb luck.

As for web sports data, I pretty much stick to pro-football-reference.com. I'll admit it's a little clumsy and there are better ones out there. But somewhere along the line I started using it and I'm familiar with it, so I stick to it.