Originally posted on 08/18/2014:

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
But on some real shit let me bounce some business ideas off you

How hard would it be set up shop on a beach somewhere in the carribean Florida Keys or maybe Belize

and rent Jet Skis, Stand up Paddle Boards, water bicycle boats, and kayaks

as well as selling smoothies and shaved ice?

I mean yeah i'm sure all the jet skis and etc is going to cost around 30K and i will need a loan

but how strict are beaches on allowing you to run such a business? I assume they may want a cut but what if its a public beach?
30k?
Show me a beach that has the number of potential clients per year that you would need and does NOT already have exactly that.
I know a guy in Spain that came with delusional hopes and nearly no money at all to open a beach bar in a town that has it all. Now he lives on the streets there and runs around the parking lots of the biggest supermarket and shopping center there, begging tourists for a Euro or two. I saw him last year in July the first time. He told me his fukking story and said he was trying to save up money to get a flight back to Germany. I gave him a little bit and told him to walk straight to the German Embassy, tell'em that he's broke and needs to get back to Germany and the Embassy will pay for his ticket back home and all and he'll be done with it. Guess what: I just came back from Spain and who is still running around the supermarket, begging for money? Yep. Pretty good chance you might end like him as well.