Originally posted on 06/08/2014:

Don't have a play on Frech open finals, but I am still going to write, my thoughts about that match.

I could see in other threads, that there is a lot of love for Rafa in this one. People saying how it is a gift to get him at -130 and so on... Of course, all the respect to the guy, which has 65-1 record at RG. But you have to take into consideration, that this is not 2010 anymore. Gap between Rafa and Novak on clay does not exist anymore. Yes, Rafa did look good in his last 5 sets. But then again, you have to ask yourself: Will Novak really allow Rafa, to do all his favorite shots every time and build his confidence? No, he will not, imho. People are forgeting that Djokovic is the only player, which can pick apart Rafa's game on clay and almost completely take away his strenghts. I am taking about that cross court forehand, which does so much good for Rafa against every opponent. Except against Novak.
I believe that they are very close in pretty much every category, but I am giving a slight edge to Novak here. Why? Because he can put more pressure on Rafa's serve, then the other way around, imho.

So, you are probably asking yourself, why am I not betting Novak then. There are rumours that his wrist is not at 100%. In such a close matchup, against two tennis titans, every single detail can be crucial, so I am not willing to take a risk, with the odds, which offere very little value.

Good luck!