Originally posted on 06/01/2014:

I know that most people that have no idea about bitcoins are really sceptical about bitcoins. For some it looks complicated, for others it looks shady. The fact is.. bitcoin represent a 8 billions US dollar market... and it got there in onl 2-3 years.

Let me clear the "what is bitcoin" with a simple explanation.
Bitcoin is cash. It is the same, exact thing then a printed US dollar... except.. that you're your own bank! This is what makes it revolutionary. You can safely put all your net-worth in a simple USB key (no worries, you can make backup ). No more fees, no more opening accounts, closing accounts, providing documents and have your personal transaction watch by god knows who. The 2nd thing that makes it revolutionnary is... that you can instantly, send that cash to someone else on the earth. No ***********, no wire transfer fees, no conversion fees, no 3rd party. It's literraly, like if you had a wallet full of cash, that you took a plane tickets and gave that person the money in exchange of whatever product/service.

And here's why it's awesome for bookies... and for all us!
Imagine all the possibilities this brings us. Here's what I did today. I opened up an account to a new bitcoin bookie, deposit 300$US worth of bitcoins, bet the over on the NBA game, won my bet, cashed it out.

Do you see all the benefits? If not let me point them out:
1- Bookie will give you better odds. No more charge back, no more *********** processor fees taking 3% off their gross income, no more wire transfer fees. All these fees that they have to pay for reflects in the odds they give us. Less expense for the bookie = better odds for us.
2- No more scam book. No more of that! No need to put 10k to a bookie and leave it there for months and months. You want to bet on a game? Deposit only what you need to play for the night and cash it all out if you make a profit. It's instant and there is no fees. You can't get scammed... or at least you can't get scammed for more then a bet worth of money.
3- No more "1 free payout a month". Is this suppose to be some kind of feature? How ridiculous does that sound. Should we thank them for giving us "1 free payout". We take all the risk. I was reading 5.dimes payout page. It's outrageous!!!
4- No more verification needed. I hateeee giving my address to a bookie. I hate giving them my passport. I hate giving id's, utility bills, etc.. This is my personal life. Why do they need all of that?!!

If anyone still doubt the benefits of bitcoins in the industry let me know. I think this is the future of the industry and we should push it as hard as we can as EVERYONE benefits from it.