Originally posted on 11/27/2013:

I follow UF and FSU religiously. I originally had this game circled as one that UF could challenge and actually win. Unfortunately, the team is so banged up, they are down to playing a walk on and redshirt freshman at LB. What I like about UF was that the defensive backs was the strength of the team. They were pretty good at stopping the pass BUT something happened in the Mizzou game. They lost their swagger and too are a shell of themselves. They seem to have poor technique, drawing an inordinate amount of pass interference calls and are out of position. That sucks because FSU's running game is vastly overrated. A good defense would make them one dimensional and with pressure, Winston has shown to throw up interceptions. Unfortunately, UF's defensive line is a shambles and can't get pressure on anyone. The worst concern is the LB's trying to cover FSU's tight ends. This is where FSU is going to dominate this game. I hope I can find a prop on TE receptions.

UF's passing game is horrid. They could establish the run though if they're not making mistakes or drive killing penalties. Muschump will slow the game down and hope to wear FSU's defense out. Last year, UF punched FSU in the mouth and they folded (especially EJ Manual). UF just doesn't have the horses this year to do the same. Too many injured guys. Then you have to also think about their mental state. Either they take this as their superbowl and the offensive line comes in with an attitude and they cover easy OR they are a shambles mentally and give up, which they have done on more than 1 occasion (GSU and Mizzou).

Be careful with this one. Jimbo is good friends with Muschimp. They share a vacation spot together. He is not going to want to embarrass his friend here. He'll be able to save the blowout for Duke and till come out good with the BCS. My gut says UF covers here. They slow the game down too much to be able to get many touches for FSU. But like I said before, I can't honestly put up serious money on shit teams. Maybe put a ham sandwich on them with a coke ML bet but anything else is a coin flip. You don't know what kids are going to show up here.