Guy is incredible but I want to see him try to cover the best receiver in the NFL.
jerseykingpin
Restricted User
12-03-08
1051
#2
if im right I need to look up the stats but I think he did
Comment
PAULYPOKER
BARRELED IN @ SBR!
12-06-08
36581
#3
he most certainly did he shut every receiver down he went against this year but as far as shutting down welker goes well moss was his main concern and welker is a clutch receiver but any time welker went in his lane he shut him down
Comment
LT Profits
SBR Aristocracy
10-27-06
90963
#4
Won't to worry about that this season regardless, and who knows how effective Welker will be when he comes back? Shame too, because I love the guy.
Comment
GiveMeaBJ
SBR Hall of Famer
09-08-09
8449
#5
I thought Revis was manned up with Moss both games?
Comment
Hilljacademics
SBR Wise Guy
07-12-09
701
#6
Originally posted by GiveMeaBJ
I thought Revis was manned up with Moss both games?
Week 2 - Randy Moss had 4 catches for 24 yds, 9 yds longest reception. Revis was his cover-man most of the game. Welker DNP, Edelman led NE with 8 for 98 (29 yds his longest) NYJ 16 NE 9
Week 11 - Randy Moss had 5 for 34, 1 TD. Revis had to be on him, because NOBODY was on Welker (15 rec., 192 yds, no TD's) NE 31 NYJ 14
Comment
bkny2cnc
SBR High Roller
12-27-08
160
#7
Welker the best wr in nfl
I wouldn't consider Welker the best wr in the league,never seen a #1 in the league as a slot
Comment
Chi_archie
SBR Aristocracy
07-22-08
63185
#8
Revis wouldn't play Welker too much, as he is a slot receiver and Revis plays the the X, who is usually the deep threat
Comment
Pride>UFC
Restricted User
11-09-09
1013
#9
lol at Wes Welker being the best receiver in the NFL, much less the best receiver on his team.
Comment
6_Feet_Under
SBR High Roller
12-21-09
105
#10
Agreed,saying welker is the best in the league is silly.Andre Johnson is the best.Revis shut him down so that guy is damn good.
Comment
GiveMeaBJ
SBR Hall of Famer
09-08-09
8449
#11
Why isn't Welker the best in the league? Sure he isn't the fastest, strongest, or most explosive but they guy is good for 10 catches a game. Do you ever think twice when you see Welker 12 rec, 141 yards, 1 td scroll accross ESPN? No, we expect this guy to get catches. He missed 3 games and caught 123 balls.
Honestly I don't think he is the best in the league but it is not crazy to argue so. Guy is a top 10 receiver for sure and I think top 5. Welker is the best at getting open in the league which is why I was wondering if people thought Mr. Lockdown to hold him to say 3 catches.