rmcdermo
    rmcdermo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Fairlay question

Forgive my ignorance but I have a question regarding live markets on fairlay. Is it possible to post an offer before a game starts and then have it automatically transfer to live markets once the game starts (if it doesnt get filled by then)?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Quote Originally Posted by rmcdermo View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but I have a question regarding live markets on fairlay. Is it possible to post an offer before a game starts and then have it automatically transfer to live markets once the game starts (if it doesnt get filled by then)?
    No.

Non-live markets do not switch to live markets in the way Betfair does it.

You can only bet in-play on markets marked LIVE https://fairlay.com/markets/live/

I guess if the live market goes up pre-match you could do an early offer.

rmcdermo
    rmcdermo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Roger. Thanks for the info.

eaglesfan371
    The great game of POT...LIMIT...OMAHA
    eaglesfan371's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Would not recommend putting up an offer to be accepted anytime during live.

danshan11
    I am good at coin flips, I really am!
    danshan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2888

if you put any offer up and dont watch it every second, you will most certainly only get filled orders that are bad lines or the line has moved drastically against you! Now for the pick winners type guys perfect but for the beat the line guys, this is not good!

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by danshan11 View Post
    if you put any offer up and dont watch it every second, you will most certainly only get filled orders that are bad lines or the line has moved drastically against you! Now for the pick winners type guys perfect but for the beat the line guys, this is not good!
    I used to do this with F1 on Betfair. Put up offers that would be awesome odds pre-race but knowing they would only get filled if something did not go as expected. I'd usually cancel anything unmatched about 10 laps into the race.

Sometimes I got stuck with getting filled on someone who had wrecked out, but most of the time it would only take minor stuff like losing 1 spot off the start line to see offers get filled.

Not super sharp strategy I guess. But it can be tough to get matched in low liquidity live markets so that was one way to try to deal with it. I imagine the OP is thinking somewhat along the same lines?

danshan11

with betfairs commission doesnt the high commission pretty much wipe out any potential good price on the line?

Optional

with betfairs commission doesnt the high commission pretty much wipe out any potential good price on the line?
    It's 5% on profits market wide for me. (winners-losers) Not unreasonable in my mind.

But I don't use it much really, because I don't bet a lot of random stuff anymore and it's not that great for motorsport.

danshan11

that 5% sucks up any juice gained by using it though right?

Optional

that 5% sucks up any juice gained by using it though right?
    well apart from any market spread, usually less than 1%, that's the total vig for a small player. And it's spread across your losing bets if you are a trader, so effectively it could be a fraction of that in comparison to betting with any bookmaker, depending on how you are using the exchange.

If you are turning over 6 figures a week then I think 2%-3% is the rate. If you can avoid the premium charge by playing the way they want you to.