SFA vs. VCU

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • incognitoh
    SBR Sharp
    • 02-26-14
    • 353

    #1
    SFA vs. VCU
    I may be missing something, but at the end of regulation with less than 10 seconds, VCU was called for a foul on a made 3 point shot, allowing SFA to tie the game and go into overtime.

    Based on all the replays I saw, I am not even sure that the defensive guy touched the shooter.

    Did I miss it entirely or was that a terrible call???
  • jhack704
    SBR Hall of Famer
    • 06-04-09
    • 5346

    #2
    maybe after he came down, bad call imo
    Comment
    • TeeRose
      SBR Wise Guy
      • 03-23-13
      • 821

      #3
      He knocked the guy down, making it a 4 point play to tie the game up, good job SFA
      Comment
      • FarTooGone
        SBR Hustler
        • 02-11-14
        • 97

        #4
        Originally posted by incognitoh
        I may be missing something, but at the end of regulation with less than 10 seconds, VCU was called for a foul on a made 3 point shot, allowing SFA to tie the game and go into overtime.

        Based on all the replays I saw, I am not even sure that the defensive guy touched the shooter.

        Did I miss it entirely or was that a terrible call???

        It was clearly a phantom foul. Never touched the guy on the shot....maybe after he fell to the floor on his own. Bad call....and I didn't have a dime on it.
        Comment
        • incognitoh
          SBR Sharp
          • 02-26-14
          • 353

          #5
          Originally posted by TeeRose
          He knocked the guy down, making it a 4 point play to tie the game up, good job SFA
          Tough to knock a guy down when he didn't touch him...lol They are showing the replays closely now and the commentators are talking about how it was not a foul. They are blaming the guy for even contesting the shot with a 4 pt lead, which I can't argue with...lol.
          Comment
          • face
            SBR Posting Legend
            • 01-31-11
            • 14740

            #6
            player dove and the ref bought it i guess
            they teach them to do that for that very reason, they practice diving, it's part of the game
            Comment
            • TeeRose
              SBR Wise Guy
              • 03-23-13
              • 821

              #7
              It was great acting, Hollywood style. I thought he had touched him
              Comment
              • Guest

                #8
                I'd say he "touched" him but it's still a call that doesn't get whistled 90% of the time
                Comment
                • TheDane
                  SBR Wise Guy
                  • 02-09-11
                  • 642

                  #9
                  Defender was dumb putting himself in that spot.

                  Good for SFA backers..
                  Comment
                  • TeeRose
                    SBR Wise Guy
                    • 03-23-13
                    • 821

                    #10
                    Originally posted by DrStale
                    I'd say he "touched" him but it's still a call that doesn't get whistled 90% of the time
                    It was Refs professionalism here, it's better to have them go overtime and battle it out then question that 1 point WHAT IF??? What If??
                    Comment
                    • incognitoh
                      SBR Sharp
                      • 02-26-14
                      • 353

                      #11
                      Originally posted by TheDane
                      Defender was dumb putting himself in that spot.

                      Good for SFA backers..
                      LOL only for ML SFA backers; I had VCU ML and SFA +6.5 so I would have been fine with no call and lose by 1 (or 3 if they fouled and they made the FT's...lol).
                      Comment
                      • bosigga
                        SBR MVP
                        • 09-26-10
                        • 1312

                        #12
                        Looked phantom but they didn't show many replays during the game...couldn't they have reviewed that since it was under 2 minutes?
                        Comment
                        • incognitoh
                          SBR Sharp
                          • 02-26-14
                          • 353

                          #13
                          Originally posted by bosigga
                          Looked phantom but they didn't show many replays during the game...couldn't they have reviewed that since it was under 2 minutes?
                          They can't review fouls.
                          Comment
                          Search
                          Collapse
                          Top-Rated US Sportsbooks
                          Collapse
                          Working...