RunBookRun
    RunBookRun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1409

END OF AN ERA_ LeBron, Warriors, Durant.. (over)

.. none of them will ever win again.

Jokic = new 'singular force' superstar, Celtics the new Warriors.

.. possibly Lakers could make deep run next season when Kyrie joins them this summer, but still uphill fight with all the fresh and hungry legs against them.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2166

When is LB retiring??

RunBookRun
    RunBookRun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1409

probably 2 yrs from now.. Lakers don't have the pieces (young pieces) to make it happen. Kyrie will make it interesting tho'

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 46616

Good riddance
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot, and EddieMusher

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26845

I hope you are right never wanna see the warriors and the Lakers in the finals again.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7762

Celtics new warriors that's funny

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13931

Whose ghost is this?

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos

Guy hates the Lakers with a passion. Very dedicated.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26183

Quote Originally Posted by RunBookRun View Post
    .. none of them will ever win again.

Jokic = new 'singular force' superstar, Celtics the new Warriors.

.. possibly Lakers could make deep run next season when Kyrie joins them this summer, but still uphill fight with all the fresh and hungry legs against them.
    Been saying this. Denver had a very clear path in the West. Beware of the AGING big-name athlete.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25488

Since when is saying someone won't win another championship a bold prediction?

Especially when that someone is well into their 30's and on the downside of their career.

Winning championships is difficult, KD might not have ever got one even in his prime if not for joining a stacked roster.

These SBR cornballs acting like they have hot takes, when the reality is they're just looking for low hanging fruit.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25488

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Been saying this. Denver had a very clear path in the West. Beware of the AGING big-name athlete.
    You've been saying Kyrie will join the Lakers next summer and make a deep run?

Wow, you're as dumb as the OP then.

veriableodds
    validation not required

Who would of ever thought someone could actually think with the mind, then in a mean disrespectful manner write it down in words?? Fk this world is advanced. Only problem is instead of constructed criticism it's spewed h8, lies, and unintelligence.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by veriableodds View Post
    Who would of ever thought someone could actually think with the mind, then in a mean disrespectful manner write it down in words?? Fk this world is advanced. Only problem is instead of constructed criticism it's spewed h8, lies, and unintelligence.
    Veri, when you're working on your baseball model:

1) How much do you evaluate Pitcher: True Value vs Name Recognition?

2) And: How efficient do you find the MLB lines to be?

I'd imagine that the MLB sides get hammered out to a pretty accurate line. And I'd think that Young Starting pitchers w/o a lot of Big-League data would generally be under-rated.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Good riddance
    Exactly!

veriableodds
    validation not required

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Veri, when you're working on your baseball model:

1) How much do you evaluate Pitcher: True Value vs Name Recognition?

2) And: How efficient do you find the MLB lines to be?

I'd imagine that the MLB sides get hammered out to a pretty accurate line. And I'd think that Young Starting pitchers w/o a lot of Big-League data would generally be under-rated.
    1) How much do you evaluate Pitcher: True Value vs Name Recognition? no more than 1.3-era gap starter-vs-starter, pitching is mabye 40% weight ... no bias in a name so=na

2) And: How efficient do you find the MLB lines to be? efficient but that doesn't always mean correct

I'd imagine that the MLB sides get hammered out to a pretty accurate line. And I'd think that Young Starting pitchers w/o a lot of Big-League data would generally be under-rated.[/QUOTE] I agree good analogy

+basically look for teams with better record as in eye catch differential try not to lay more than -160
    +bias dogs / stats are even across the board including record where you are getting +ev
    formulate to keep more than half picks are home teams cause these are solid league trends, third dogs purposely at least till your playing with houses money(if you have to much going in something doesnt seem correct your overthinking the shit, start over and ks=keep it simple , volume can have music to it)
    +totals/ must be a 1 run advantage(ov-un either way), so you trust the processes. If you cant seem to get ahead of the house pick your favorite play and keep it 2 one pick, just bet overs, or just bet unders whatever is a preference

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 33421

Quote Originally Posted by RunBookRun View Post
    probably 2 yrs from now.. Lakers don't have the pieces (young pieces) to make it happen. Kyrie will make it interesting tho'
    There were juicy rumors going around about six months ago that LB wants to play a season with Bronnie.
    LB has a lot clout in the NBA, he has the reach to make that happen, even though there are many who are afraid to put their name to it that say Bronnie is not NBA ready.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12645

Lebron, Steph, KD
    all FAR from finished.

nonsense.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12645

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    There were juicy rumors going around about six months ago that LB wants to play a season with Bronnie.
    LB has a lot clout in the NBA, he has the reach to make that happen, even though there are many who are afraid to put their name to it that say Bronnie is not NBA ready.
    rumor?

i live in LA bro. he came out and said this out loud!

no rumor at all he wants to play a season with Bronnie.

stevenash

^
    I say rumor whenever I write what I heard and didn't back it up with fact.
    I'll never pass off opinions, or unchecked scuttlebutt as fact, it's just not ethical.

I'm sure Daddy James said it, I just don't have the facts to prove it, and quite frankly I'm well aware that search engines are our friends, I really don't have the need to research it, which I probably could have done in the less than two minutes it took me to write this post.

Speaking of players older than dirt, I am pretty sure this is the end of the Udonis Haslem era too.

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos

Homie, I live in LA. You live in suburbia. 😂

ChuckyTheGoat

Full respect to Lebron. Respect to him on this front:

*Guy enters the league with massive expectations.

Shows signs. Steps up his game. The one that sticks out to me is the early performance vs a veteran Pistons team, amazing.

Works on his games. Shores up some weaknesses. Similar to Magic Johnson tightening up his perimeter game.

Reportedly spends $1Mill per year on personal training staff just to get his body ready. Guy has been a great pro. Can't say I'm pulling for him, but have to give him respect.

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos

Peavy has a Lebron tatoo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12949

Ya notice every new generation of NBA players every 5-10 years are more gansta, thugish and just straight up stupid?

Ja Morant flashing gang signs and guns is just mind boggling

Maybe Lebron, KD and Step aren't so bad after all. We may miss them

stevenash

I was never a James hater.
    I'm not fond of his flopping, and whining, but than again, many of them do that.
    Like Marcus Smart for example.

ChuckyTheGoat

There aren't too many who enter the league as a youth with Great Expectations. And then meet or exceed those lofty expectations.

I have to put Lebron in that category. He knows his legacy in the league. The baseball comparison that comes to mind = Ken Griffey Jr. Came into the league w/ big expectations, even a Sr name to match. Met or exceeded those expectations...and I know Lebron is better (than Ken Jr).

gauchojake
    Huck Fobos

Celtics are the old Warriors

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Celtics are the old Warriors
    I don't even know what you call these Celtics... they play very inconsistent. Udoka got them to play better. They don't even care what Mazzulla says. No response. I don't even think that group of players respect Mazzulla. I think Stevens has to fire him if they don't win a championship this year.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I don't even know what you call these Celtics... they play very inconsistent. Udoka got them to play better. They don't even care what Mazzulla says. No response. I don't even think that group of players respect Mazzulla. I think Stevens has to fire him if they don't win a championship this year.
    Shot, you summarize my thoughts on the Celts.

Who TF is Mazzulla? And why would these top-players care about him?

First off, there is the $$-gap. And then there's the respect. If people told me that Horford is the clubhouse leader b/c of his tenure and stature...I'd believe it.

But thinking that Mazzulla is going to light a fire under these guys? Can't see it. Maybe Stevens comes back down after this year to HC.