Anyone Else Use the SRS (simple rating system)?

For those that dont know the simple rating system is margin of victory plus strength of schedule

SRS=MOV+SOS

I've been working on this all week and its definitly interesting especially the way I set it up it gives a very good visual repersention of the way the season is going for each team and for key numbers, I dont know the key number stats off hand but so far this season 8 comes up a lot I think seven times while 7 has come up 10 times. It also helped me figure out something pretty brilliant a situation that hits 80% ATS over the last few seasons at around 15-20 times per season. This system did'nt spit out results that showed this 80% situation it was just by looking at it in excel led me to thinking about something that brought me to this concept.

Anyway sorry for going on there but my question is about the strength of schedule numbers and how they're calculated.

I know that say for Indy they're SOS is the margin of victory of all the teams they faced divided by the number of games played. The part that I dont get is that your supposed to continue to recalculate the numbers with the new adjusted number.

So if Indys MOV is 10 points and they're SOS is -1.2 then they're SRS number is 8.8 but then your supposed to run all the numbers again using 8.8 as Indys MOV to get the new SOS numbers and so on and so on.

How would you do this?

Also for anyone else that uses it whats your thoughts on capping blowout games? I cap all games at 21 points because if you did'nt games like when Oakland beat Denver by like 50 points it messes up the numbers for every other team.

I also setup another section for the last 4 games for each team totally indepentent from the main part that uses numbers for the whole season and then I weigh that at 25% and the overall season at 75% and add them together to incorperate some type of current form number.

I was also thinking about ajusting past numbers to atleast account for injurys like say if Payton Manning was injured for 2 games and in those 2 games Indy only won by 3 points each but lets say Manning is a lot better that the backup and you think if Manning was playing Indy would have won those games by 6 points so instead of putting in 3 in your MOV coloums for Indy you would put in 7.