1. #1
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,933
    Betpoints: 4348

    NHL 2022-23 season Fantasy & Chat thread

    The 2022-23 regular-season schedule will commence in Europe on Friday, Oct. 7 when the Nashville Predators play the San Jose Sharks in the 2022 NHL Global Series at O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Republic.

    North America will wait until Tuesday, Oct. 11:
    > Tampa Bay Lightning visiting the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden
    > Los Angeles Kings hosting the Vegas Golden Knights at Crypto.com Arena

    Wednesday, Oct. 12 will feature a six-game slate highlighted by the Colorado Avalanche raising their third Stanley Cup championship banner at home Ball Arena, before facing the Chicago Blackhawks.

    The 1,312-game regular-season schedule (82 games per team) will conclude April 13


    2022-23 NHL Regular-Season Schedule Notable Dates


    Four teams will participate in the 2022 NHL Global Series and play regular-season games in Europe. The Predators and Sharks will play their 2022-23 season-opening games against each other in Prague, Czech Republic at O2 Arena on Friday, Oct. 7 and Saturday, Oct. 8. The Columbus Blue Jackets and Avalanche will face off in a pair of regular-season games at Nokia Arena in Tampere, Finland on Friday, Nov. 4 and Saturday, Nov. 5.


    The 2022 NHL Thanksgiving Showdown will take place on Friday, Nov. 25, with a doubleheader:
    > Pittsburgh Penguins visiting the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Arena
    > Tampa Bay Lightning hosting the St. Louis Blues at AMALIE Arena


    On Monday, Jan. 2, the 2023 Discover NHL Winter Classic® will feature the Boston Bruins and Pittsburgh Penguins outdoors at Fenway Park in Boston. The game continues the tradition the League established in 2008 of hosting a regular-season outdoor game at the onset of the new year.


    Jan. 21 will mark Hockey Day in Canada and will feature all seven Canadian teams in action.


    The League's regular-season schedule will pause from Feb. 2-5 when the world's top players gather in South Florida for the 2023 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend at FLA Live Arena.


    A rematch of the 2022 Stanley Cup Final will take place on Feb. 9 when the Lightning host the Avalanche at AMALIE Arena. In addition, Colorado will host Tampa Bay on Feb. 14 at Ball Arena.



    On Saturday, Feb. 18, the Carolina Hurricanes will play host to the Washington Capitals outdoors at the 2023 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series™ at NC State's Carter-Finlay Stadium in Raleigh, N.C.


    The 2022-23 regular season will conclude Thursday, April 13, when 30 of the League's 32 teams take to the ice.


    ESPN, Turner Sports, Sportsnet and TVA Sports are the NHL's national broadcast partners for the 2022-23 season

  2. #2
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Leafs didn't re-sign all-star goalie Jack Campbell after his lengthy stretch of poor play following his 2022 all-star appearance. Enter Matt Murray (2 rings) and Ilya Samsonov, who many scouts felt was the best goalie in the 2015 entry draft. Both have been playing below expectations lately. It is hoped a change of scenery may help get them back into gear.

  3. #3
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    JT Miller agrees to seven-year, $56 million contract extension with Canucks

  4. #4
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Winnipeg Jets bolster depth at forward by signing veteran Sam Gagner to 1-year deal.

  5. #5
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Curios to see what kind of year Jack Eichel will have finally being healthy . 😎

  6. #6
    Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-14-07
    Posts: 30,175
    Betpoints: 46

    I usually never bet pre season hocky. Bet the first few regular season games

  7. #7
    hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-04-17
    Posts: 7,933
    Betpoints: 4348

    Scheduling Matrix

    Games per team = 82 Games (41 home / 41 away)

    Each Division has 8 Teams



    Games Within Division

    5 teams x 2 home / 2 away (Subtotal 10 home / 10 away)

    1 team x 2 home / 1 away (Subtotal 2 home / 1 away)

    1 team x 1 home / 2 away (Subtotal 1 home / 2 away)



    Games Within Conference (but Non-Division)

    4 teams x 2 home / 1 away (Subtotal 8 home / 4 away)

    4 teams x 1 home / 2 away (Subtotal 4 home / 8 away)



    Non-Conference Games

    16 teams x 1 home / 1 away (Subtotal 16 home / 16 away)

  8. #8
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Going to be a great year . 👍

    Let’s gooo

  9. #9
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Tage Thompson signed a seven-year, $7-million contract with Buffalo, a deal that will take him through to his early 30s ($7.14M per year.)

  10. #10
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Vancouver Canucks signed J.T. Miller to an extension.

  11. #11
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Eric Johnson had the Stanley Cup at Del Mar racetrack Saturday for the Pacific Classic . 👍

  12. #12
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Columbus Blue Jackets winger Johnny Gaudreau leads the sleeper candidates for Hart Trophy.

  13. #13
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Tim Stutzle signed an eight-year, $66.8 million contract with the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday. It has an average annual value of $8.35 million.

  14. #14
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Mark Stone is on track to open the season with the Vegas Golden Knights after having back surgery in May, general manager Kelly McCrimmon said

  15. #15
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    I think Bunting may see 25 goals plus this season for the Leafs.

  16. #16
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Kreider is anticipated to be ready to start season for Rangers, from his wrist problem.

  17. #17
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    Kreider is anticipated to be ready to start season for Rangers, from his wrist problem.
    Good news for the Rangers 👍

  18. #18
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Montreal and goaltender Jake Allen are discussing a "both sides want to get it done" multi-year contract extension.

    The club has meanwhile agreed to terms on a three-year, one-way contract extension (2022-23 to 2024-25) with goaltender Cayden Primeau.

    Carey Price posted on Instagram: “I just want to thank everyone who has been supportive over the past few weeks, months, and years. It has been a very emotional time for myself. Merci. GO HABS GO.”

  19. #19
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    Montreal and goaltender Jake Allen are discussing a "both sides want to get it done" multi-year contract extension.

    The club has meanwhile agreed to terms on a three-year, one-way contract extension (2022-23 to 2024-25) with goaltender Cayden Primeau.

    Carey Price posted on Instagram: “I just want to thank everyone who has been supportive over the past few weeks, months, and years. It has been a very emotional time for myself. Merci. GO HABS GO.”
    I don’t think we will ever see Carey Price play again.

  20. #20
    jrgum3
    jrgum3's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-21-17
    Posts: 6,793
    Betpoints: 9936

    Hockey is right around the corner. It's crazy how all the sports start ramping up right at the same time. Once football hits things really get hectic in the sports world.
    175 pts

    3-QUESTION
    SBR TRIVIA WINNER 12/05/2022


  21. #21
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Coyotes center Clayton Keller questionable for start of season with leg injury.

  22. #22
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    The best sports time of the year is right around the corner. 👍

  23. #23
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Bruins may be without their Captain Bergeron to start the season due to elbow injury.

  24. #24
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    Bruins may be without their Captain Bergeron to start the season due to elbow injury.
    That one hurts 👎

  25. #25
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    That one hurts ��
    And Marchand too, til December 1st with hip injury.

  26. #26
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Jake McCabe is expected to miss 10-12 weeks after the Chicago Blackhawks defenseman had cervical spine surgery, the team announced Tuesday.

    The 28-year-old had 22 points (four goals, 18 assists) and averaged 20:18 in ice time in 75 games last season, his first with the Blackhawks after agreeing to terms on a four-year, $16 million contract ($4 million average annual value) on July 28, 2021.

  27. #27
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Tkachuk's hand should be ok for starting season with Panthers.

  28. #28
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Nick Suzuki named Canadiens captain, youngest in team history
    23-year-old center replaces Weber after defenseman was traded to Golden Knights

  29. #29
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Corelli out for start of Tampa's season, until mid-November, with shoulder problem.

  30. #30
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Quebec politicians: New Montreal Canadiens captain Nick Suzuki must learn French to connect with fans .

    MONTREAL -- Several of Quebec's major party leaders say new Montreal Canadiens captain Nick Suzuki needs to learn French.

    Coalition Avenir Québec leader François Legault said the Habs made an "excellent choice," describing the center as one of the team's best players, before adding that Suzuki now has to learn French.
    Liberal Leader Dominique Anglade told reporters it would be a good thing if Suzuki learned French, adding that living in Quebec is an opportunity to learn the language. Parti Québécois Leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon described Suzuki as a "very good choice" for captain but added that it is important for the Habs captain to learn French because the position involves a bond with a Quebec fan base that has supported the team for generations.

    Suzuki was asked Monday if he would try and learn French. He told reporters that he took online classes this summer as well as French in school growing up, but acknowledged he's currently better reading the language than speaking it.

    "I'll get better at that," he said.

    Playing all 82 games last season, Suzuki led the Canadiens in scoring with 21 goals and 40 assists for 61 points. Those totals were all career highs, though the team finished last in the Eastern Conference in a season marred by injury.

    "There's been a lot of highs and lows, a lot of learning experiences," said Suzuki, whose great-grandparents emigrated to Canada from Japan. "I think I've got to handle each situation really well, just lead by example again. It's a privilege to have that pressure on you. We want to win hockey games and that's the biggest reason we're here." 😎

  31. #31
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    Quote Originally Posted by mr. leisure View Post
    Quebec politicians: New Montreal Canadiens captain Nick Suzuki must learn French to connect with fans .

    MONTREAL -- Several of Quebec's major party leaders say new Montreal Canadiens captain Nick Suzuki needs to learn French.

    Coalition Avenir Québec leader François Legault said the Habs made an "excellent choice," describing the center as one of the team's best players, before adding that Suzuki now has to learn French.
    Liberal Leader Dominique Anglade told reporters it would be a good thing if Suzuki learned French, adding that living in Quebec is an opportunity to learn the language. Parti Québécois Leader Paul St-Pierre Plamondon described Suzuki as a "very good choice" for captain but added that it is important for the Habs captain to learn French because the position involves a bond with a Quebec fan base that has supported the team for generations.

    Suzuki was asked Monday if he would try and learn French. He told reporters that he took online classes this summer as well as French in school growing up, but acknowledged he's currently better reading the language than speaking it.

    "I'll get better at that," he said.

    Playing all 82 games last season, Suzuki led the Canadiens in scoring with 21 goals and 40 assists for 61 points. Those totals were all career highs, though the team finished last in the Eastern Conference in a season marred by injury.

    "There's been a lot of highs and lows, a lot of learning experiences," said Suzuki, whose great-grandparents emigrated to Canada from Japan. "I think I've got to handle each situation really well, just lead by example again. It's a privilege to have that pressure on you. We want to win hockey games and that's the biggest reason we're here." ��
    If he knows 'gagner' he speaks French fine enough!

  32. #32
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Stone feels 'great,' eyeing season opener for Golden Knights
    Forward had back surgery May 19, was limited to 37 games last season .

    HENDERSON, Nev. -- Mark Stone expects to be ready to play in the Vegas Golden Knights' season opener at the Los Angeles Kings on Oct. 11 after having back surgery May 19.

  33. #33
    Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 05-15-06
    Posts: 7,673
    Betpoints: 91

    3 Ducks' centres, Strome, Grant and Carrick are all questionable to start season.

  34. #34
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard View Post
    3 Ducks' centres, Strome, Grant and Carrick are all questionable to start season.
    That sucks, that’s my team . 🤬

  35. #35
    mr. leisure
    mr. leisure's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 01-29-08
    Posts: 17,348
    Betpoints: 27346

    MacKinnon sets goal to sign new contract with Avalanche prior to season
    Center tells 'NHL @TheRink' podcast he wants to play entire career with Colorado .


    LAS VEGAS -- Nathan MacKinnon's goal is to sign a new contract with the Colorado Avalanche as soon as possible and play the rest of his NHL career with the team that made him the No. 1 pick in the 2013 NHL Draft.

    MacKinnon is entering the final season of a seven-year, $44.1 million contract he signed July 8, 2016. He can become an unrestricted free agent after this season, but it's unlikely it gets to that point.

1234 ... Last
Top