BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Pac 12 Follows Big 10's Lead. Conference Only in 2020

The Pac 12 announced that they will lay a conference only schedule in 2020. Currently each team is scheduled to play 9 conference games, but many think that a 10 conference game will be added on to the schedule, ala the Big 10. This will mark the first time since 1945 that USC and Notre Dame have failed to meet on the gridiron.

The ACC and SEC are still debating as to what to do. If they go conference only, they will lose many interstate rivalries like Kentucky at Louisville, Florida at Florida State, South Carolina at Clemson and Ga. Tech at Georgia. The Big 12 has a tougher decision to make, being limited to 9 conference games because there are only 10 teams in the Conference. The Big 12 has already lost 6 non-com games for sure, and possibly many more.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 07-10-20 at 08:36 PM.

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

At least you won’t have to go far to see your trash team get bossed up.

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

Thats gonna suck with the BYU-UTAH game here in SLC. To be honest, I cant see the season going thru uninterrupted. What will a conference do when 6-8 teams have 10+ starters out? What if Texas goes into Baylor with a fresh/soph offensive line? What if the top 5 Heisman candidates go down? Too many completely possible scenarios out there to scuttle season. As far as handicapping? CRAZY!

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    Thats gonna suck with the BYU-UTAH game here in SLC. To be honest, I cant see the season going thru uninterrupted. What will a conference do when 6-8 teams have 10+ starters out? What if Texas goes into Baylor with a fresh/soph offensive line? What if the top 5 Heisman candidates go down? Too many completely possible scenarios out there to scuttle season. As far as handicapping? CRAZY!
    All great points. I don’t have the answer. QH will bestow some wisdom on us.