THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

UFC on FOX: Johnson vs. Reis (April 15, 2017)

FOX 08:00 pm ET
    Demetrious Johnson vs Wilson Reis (for Flyweight title)
    Rose Namajunas vs Michelle Waterson
    Ronaldo Souza vs Robert Whittaker
    Renato Moicano vs Jeremy Stephens

FOX 06:00 pm ET
    Roy Nelson vs Alexander Volkov
    Tom Duquesnoy vs Patrick Williams
    Bobby Green vs Rashid Magomedov
    Tim Elliott vs Louis Smolka

UFC Fight Pass 4:30 pm ET
    Devin Clark vs Jake Collier
    Andrew Sanchez vs Anthony Smith
    Augusto Mendes vs Aljamain Sterling
    Nathan Coy vs Zack Cummings
    Ashlee Evans-Smith vs Ketlen Vieira

Points Awarded:

GunShard gave THE_LOCKSMITH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY gave THE_LOCKSMITH 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Interested in the Big Country Line....Souza

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11901

Jacare vs Whittaker should be the main event.. Damn that's a good fight!!! Whittaker is really tough to handle right now.. Jacare is Jacare though!!!

Whittaker could be a live dog in this one are my initial thoughts..

UFC on FOX 24 - Middleweight 3 rounds - Sprint Center - Kansas City, Missouri - Fox
    Sat 4/15 1201 Robert Whittaker +190 o1½ -145
    8:30PM 1202 Ronaldo Souza -230 u1½ +125

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

jacare sub hedged with Whitaker KO

jacare has no chin and is old

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post

Agreed Beelz my thinking exactly...

I'm not ready to say Jacare's chin is completely glass yet but he has been rocked in recent fights.. Romero almost put him out with this..

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-17 at 04:55 PM.

rsynweap84
    rsynweap84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1591

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

I'm not ready to say Jacare's chin is completely glass yet but he has been rocked in recent fights.. Romero almost put him out with this..

Aye my thoughts on it exactly.

Parlay props I am lookin' at Jacare in rounds 1-2-3 with a Whittaker KO. Still mulling over a possible decision prop on Jacare.

SEKTAUR
    SEKTAUR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19046

Yeah Jacare almost got knocked out but didn't and that was a really good shot. He still did good in that fight even tho Romero was juiced to the gills. Jacare should win this fight easily.

jarehrig
    jarehrig's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am really surprised this card is incredible for a fox card. I did rather well for myself wagering on 210. I am going to parlay half of it into a reis, rose, ronaldo

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SEKTAUR View Post
    Yeah Jacare almost got knocked out but didn't and that was a really good shot. He still did good in that fight even tho Romero was juiced to the gills. Jacare should win this fight easily.
    I don't think you are giving Whittaker enough respect.. His take down defense is very good, and he can knock people out..

RW looked good against Brunson in his last fight. He's on a 6 fight win streak as well.http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Robert-Whittaker-45132

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1932

I have an unproven betting system that says Waterson underdog should defeat Namajumas. Let's see if it holds.

firekillex

whittaker a great fighter and striker hes young in the sport , but this is Jacares time
    Jacare is easily top 3 185er on the planet right now
    on a 11 fight win streak , imo he beat Yoel 2-1 so counting that as a win, he also beat Brunson
    his last loss was against Rockhold before Jacare had his striking game at the level it is now and that was a super tight fight against imo the best 185er in the planet....

Jacare will be to strong and if he gets him to the ground its game over, plus his striking is extremely underrated.... Jacare has a weak/glass chin?? guy has 26 fights and has been tko/kod twice ever and the one was his first fight ever over a decade ago and the other was a lucky upkick against mousasi who he beat recently ??? Guy got hit by a spinning backfist from hell by Yoel and didnt even get kod where 90% of the division wouldve been flat lined

great fight and its Jacares last fight on his contract , he needs this win for his title fight im thinking Jacare by sub round 2

side note rose vs watterson is gonna be a sweet chick fight, both super talented in all aspect, super tough fight to call.. rose isnt always mentally there but has a ton of talent... might be worth taking the underdog here , and not by decision both of these girls could easily finish here

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    whittaker a great fighter and striker hes young in the sport , but this is Jacares time
    on a 11 fight win streak , imo he beat Yoel 2-1 so counting that as a win, he also beat Brunson
    his last loss was against Rockhold before Jacare had his striking game at the level it is now and that was a super tight fight against imo the best 185er in the planet....

Jacare will be to strong and if he gets him to the ground its game over, plus his striking is extremely underrated.... Jacare has a weak/glass chin?? guy has 26 fights and has been tko/kod twice ever and the one was his first fight ever over a decade ago and the other was a lucky upkick against mousasi who he beat recently ??? Guy got hit by a spinning backfist from hell by Yoel and didnt even get kod where 90% of the division wouldve been flat lined

great fight and its Jacares last fight on his contract , he needs this win for his title fight im thinking Jacare by sub round 2

side note rose vs watterson is gonna be a sweet chick fight, both super talented in all aspect, super tough fight to call.. rose isnt always mentally there but has a ton of talent... might be worth taking the underdog here , and not by decision both of these girls could easily finish here
    I agree Jacare is jacare, and he is a beast.. Goes to the ground Whittaker is in a world of hurt..

What I've seen from RW though in recent fights is he's very quick with his punches and light on his feet.. He's underrated athletically as well. Very quick and not taken down easily... He seems to be improving with every fight also.. I just think he's a tough match up for anyone right now including Jacare...

That's why I said this fight should be the main event.. It's a solid match up for sure!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-10-17 at 09:15 PM.

firekillex

i think whittaker could be a future champ for sure, guy has some of the best boxing / hands in the division hands down
    but i think its still Jacares time and bit early for Whittaker , basically Jacares last stand right now to get that title shot so i think hell come through, best fight of the night imo as well

this card is almost better then last weeks to me , looking forward to see how demetrious takes out Wilson Reis and the straweight womans fight is possibly a contender matchup to see who will fight winner of JJ/Justin bieber andrade

Hugo de Naranja
    Hugo de Naranja's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 621

Totally on board with you there fire. Not sure where this Jacare chinny theory is coming from

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo de Naranja View Post
    Totally on board with you there fire. Not sure where this Jacare chinny theory is coming from
    doesnt make any sense lol he got hit by a full power round 1 romero spinning backfist and recovered instantly then imo won the next 2 rounds after that .... jacare actually some underrated striking as well people just know him for his grappling since hes so elite in that area... Like i said i love whittaker as a fighter and he has a super bright future but its Jacares time right now . Really really wanna see him vs Rockhold for the title soon ... hopefully he will resign with the UFC after this fight regardless 185 is the most compelling division to me at this moment

Hugo de Naranja

doesnt make any sense lol he got hit by a full power round 1 romero spinning backfist and recovered instantly then imo won the next 2 rounds after that .... jacare actually some underrated striking as well people just know him for his grappling since hes so elite in that area... Like i said i love whittaker as a fighter and he has a super bright future but its Jacares time right now . Really really wanna see him vs Rockhold for the title soon ... hopefully he will resign with the UFC after this fight regardless 185 is the most compelling division to me at this moment
    He took a few minutes to recover and was hurt at the end of the round but he can take a punch. Still not sure on this fight. Maybe bet Jacare ITD and Live-bet hedge Whittaker. Should be a fun one either way.

Hugo de Naranja

Quote Originally Posted by rsynweap84 View Post
    Aye my thoughts on it exactly.

Parlay props I am lookin' at Jacare in rounds 1-2-3 with a Whittaker KO. Still mulling over a possible decision prop on Jacare.
    I think if Souza wins, it's likely it R1. He has 20 career finishes with 17 coming in R1 and 3 in R3 (none in R2). Typically if he gets a guy to the ground, Souza will finish them with a sub of GnP. He has the best top control in the game imo. Only needs one TD to get the rest of the round to try to finish.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Luke Rockhold is the one with the questionable jaw IMO... Vitor and Bisbing put him out.. Jacare I think would slaughter Luke standing or on the ground... I'd be all in on Jacare in that matchup if it ever happens..

Hugo de Naranja

Waterson/Namajunas is interesting. I think both are kind of overrated and would get destroyed by JJ, Andrade, or Gadelha. If it goes to a decision, I think there's an 80% chance that it's a split. Should be a fun fight but I'm not sure how I'll play it yet.

Hugo de Naranja

Luke Rockhold is the one with the questionable jaw IMO... Vitor and Bisbing put him out.. Jacare I think would slaughter Luke standing or on the ground... I'd be all in on Jacare in that matchup if it ever happens..
    Luke did win when they fought in Strikeforce but has been KO'ed in the first round in all 3 of his career losses. He tends to get better as the fight goes on and could take over if he survived early. Would be a great fight if it gets re-booked. I initially leaned heavily on Rockhold but now I'm much less sure. Would probably play Jacare at Pick 'Em odds and look to live bet hedge after R1.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Luke did win when they fought in Strikeforce but has been KO'ed in the first round in all 3 of his career losses. He tends to get better as the fight goes on and could take over if he survived early. Would be a great fight if it gets re-booked. I initially leaned heavily on Rockhold but now I'm much less sure. Would probably play Jacare at Pick 'Em odds and look to live bet hedge after R1.
    That 6 years ago and that was 5 round fight.. Jacare was a rookie and gassed back then in that fight.. I think it would be a different story today... I like Jacare in a rematch if it ever goes down..

Hugo de Naranja

That 6 years ago and that was 5 round fight.. Jacare was a rookie and gassed back then in that fight.. I think it would be a different story today... I like Jacare in a rematch if it ever goes down..
    Not to nitpick, but I think the characterization of Jacare as a rookie is misplaced. He had twice as many fights as Rockhold at the time and was the defending champion. Rockhold was actually a big underdog in that fight. It was very close and Jacare won the first round for sure. One idiot judge scored it 50-45 Rockhold. Definitely a rematch that'd be worth seeing again and I do lean with Jacare but not by a huge margin.

On a sidenote, congrats on the 10K Betpoints. That's awesome!

firekillex

meh i still think rockhold is the most well rounded / best 185er on the planet , that Bisping fight was tough for him so ill have to see him get a tune up fight when he returns from his injury im hoping he gets Yoel

TRT vitor could knockout anybody in the planet though so i dont take that KO to heart as much, the Bisping one was worse because he isnt really known for his KO power but he landed flush on the chin and i really think Rockhold took that fight for granted since he starched him the first time.... Jacare is definitely the hardest fight for Rockhold at 185 though imo im hoping it goes Yoel vs Rockhold , Jacare beats Whittaker then he fights Rockhold after that for an Interm and whoever wins that starches Bisping into retirement unless GSP wins hell vacate the belt most likely and that Interm fight will be for the real title

firekillex

Not to nitpick, but I think the characterization of Jacare as a rookie is misplaced. He had twice as many fights as Rockhold at the time and was the defending champion. Rockhold was actually a big underdog in that fight. It was very close and Jacare won the first round for sure. One idiot judge scored it 50-45 Rockhold. Definitely a rematch that'd be worth seeing again and I do lean with Jacare but not by a huge margin.

agreed he wasnt a rookie by no means, but his striking has improved a great deal.. especially his kicks. But Rockholds ground game has improved vastly since then as well.. it would be a battle of the 2 best 185ers imo would be a treat to watch , 185 is oozing with talent at the moment its great to watch after it seemed so thin during Andersons reign
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave firekillex 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well I think Jacare improved with his stand up since 6 years ago.. Not a rookie 6 years ago but certainly a bit more raw back then.. We'll see if he can get past Whittaker as that's a tough guy to beat..

Lol, thanks yep I finally got to 10 gees on betpoints.. I got serious with betpoints and was zero'd out in January then made it an effort at the beginning of the year to reach 10,000 points by June.. I was stuck on 6000 for a while there then I picked it up in the last month with some solid NBA play and reached my goal..

I'm gonna try to get to 25,000 by the end of the year with MLB starting now. We'll see?.. I'll still give a bunch of my betpoints away too..

Hugo de Naranja

Well I think Jacare improved with his stand up since 6 years ago.. Not a rookie 6 years ago but certainly a bit more raw back then.. We'll see if he can get past Whittaker as that's a tough guy to beat..

Lol, thanks yep I finally got to 10 gees on betpoints.. I got serious with betpoints and was zero'd out in January then made it an effort at the beginning of the year to reach 10,000 points by June.. I was stuck on 6000 for a while there then I picked it up in the last month with some solid NBA play and reached my goal..

I'm gonna try to get to 25,000 by the end of the year with MLB starting now. We'll see?.. I'll still give a bunch of my betpoints away too..
    Glad to hear it. Keep the roll going. I'm just getting into MLB betting myself. Let me know if you have any tips/strategies that you're willing to share.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Glad to hear it. Keep the roll going. I'm just getting into MLB betting myself. Let me know if you have any tips/strategies that you're willing to share.
    Will do only placed my second MLB bet of the season so far and I am 2-0 .... Like MMA I like to go off streaks and trends in MLB as well... Not a lot of streaks and trends to follow yet as the season just started so I'm taking it slow..

Anyways, one strategy I picked up on so far - Since I live in LA, I know the Dodgers struggle against lefties. They got a big win yesterday in Colorado and then had to travel to play the Cubs today, last years champs.. I figured the Dodgers would lose this game facing the left hander Jon Lester..

Dodgers had their chances and battled though.. I was sweating this bet in the end there.. So my tip of the day is try fading the dodgers when they play a really good left handed pitcher on the road against a good team (when Kershaw isn't pitching in the rotation)...

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/los-ange...ubs-370410116/

$340.00 $223.70 Win 4/10/17 8:05pm MLB Baseball 910 Chicago Cubs -152* vs Los Angeles Dodgers (A Wood - L must Start J Lester - L must Start)
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-11-17 at 01:25 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Hugo de Naranja gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Hugo de Naranja

I'll definitely keep that in mind although I'm high on the Dodgers generally. Rizzo finally did something with that game winning RBI against Jansen. I was actually on Cubs -1.5 (+140) small here and feel a run short. I like that prop a lot since they tend to win by 2 or more and you get some extra value.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I'll definitely keep that in mind although I'm high on the Dodgers generally. Rizzo finally did something with that game winning RBI against Jansen. I was actually on Cubs -1.5 (+140) small here and feel a run short. I like that prop a lot since they tend to win by 2 or more and you get some extra value.
    I like the Dodgers this year also, but they do struggle against good lefties.. I read ya on the 1.5 for the +140 and I kinda liked it too. I just didn't wanna get greedy but to be honest I didn't like laying that -152 on the Cubbies straight either but I did it anyways... I got lucky and it cashed...

rsynweap84

I think if Souza wins, it's likely it R1. He has 20 career finishes with 17 coming in R1 and 3 in R3 (none in R2). Typically if he gets a guy to the ground, Souza will finish them with a sub of GnP. He has the best top control in the game imo. Only needs one TD to get the rest of the round to try to finish.
    Well its not that I doubt Jacare can do it round 1, but I'm not about to say Whitaker only has 1 round. So I'll cover him by all 3
    Can't sleep on Whitaker

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Jacare should win this one handily. I think people are caught up on Whittaker's recent win over Brunson, whom Jacare absolutely annihilated under a minute and was actually there to see that one. Sure Whittaker has a puncher's chance but I don't see him beating Jacare here. Jacare will be able to trip him up and take this fight to the ground as he works in a sub.

rsynweap84

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten Law View Post
    Jacare should win this one handily. I think people are caught up on Whittaker's recent win over Brunson, whom Jacare absolutely annihilated under a minute and was actually there to see that one. Sure Whittaker has a puncher's chance but I don't see him beating Jacare here. Jacare will be able to trip him up and take this fight to the ground as he works in a sub.
    Rumble should've beat Cormier's face off too, specially after he reshaped his nose...

Personally I expect this fight to be Jacares but if everything I expected happen I'd only need to bet once in my life.

Hugo de Naranja

Not liking too much from the opening odds. Played a few small parlays but bookies priced most everything pretty well.

1234 ... Last