1. #7491
    blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 3,201
    Betpoints: 30635

    Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Bitcoin is dirt cheap right now. Not sure I ever see Bitcoin tanking much lower then it is now. Just saying.

    Bitcoin isn't a scam..
    I certainly can't see the future, but my thinking is sort of on the opposite side

    After all this shit in the past few weeks it almost feels like a miracle that BTC is still valued close to 16k. It dropped, but not thaat much. If you're invested and the money matters to you, I'd say get out while you can. If you can afford to ride it out, that's of course up to you. I certainly don't have any special insight, it's just my gut feeling and based on everything I've read and what I would say to a friend who asked my advice. I think it could easily tank way more. But anyone who claims they can reliably predict it either way is lying

  2. #7492
    Pinocchio
    Don't be dumb like me - DO NOT GO PRO
    Pinocchio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-26-11
    Posts: 562
    Betpoints: 6288

    Only a moron gets convinced to get out while they can because some individuals (or whole exchanges) happen to be scammers...

  3. #7493
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,032
    Betpoints: 2866

    Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    I certainly can't see the future, but my thinking is sort of on the opposite side

    After all this shit in the past few weeks it almost feels like a miracle that BTC is still valued close to 16k. It dropped, but not thaat much. If you're invested and the money matters to you, I'd say get out while you can. If you can afford to ride it out, that's of course up to you. I certainly don't have any special insight, it's just my gut feeling and based on everything I've read and what I would say to a friend who asked my advice. I think it could easily tank way more. But anyone who claims they can reliably predict it either way is lying
    Great advice , say to sell when historically the next 6 months are the best time to buy bitcoins during the market cycle which has been spot on 100% down to a couple weeks. I love comments like this because in your head you think its a get rich quick scheme when bitcoin is a longterm(5-10 years) hold that requires patience.

  4. #7494
    Legions36
    Legions36's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-17-10
    Posts: 3,032
    Betpoints: 2866

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Only a moron gets convinced to get out while they can because some individuals (or whole exchanges) happen to be scammers...
    I still can't believe so many people put so much money into an unregulated exchange and are surprised that it could go down.

  5. #7495
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 3,316
    Betpoints: 3361


  6. #7496
    blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 11-18-11
    Posts: 3,201
    Betpoints: 30635

    Quote Originally Posted by Legions36 View Post
    Great advice , say to sell when historically the next 6 months are the best time to buy bitcoins during the market cycle which has been spot on 100% down to a couple weeks. I love comments like this because in your head you think its a get rich quick scheme when bitcoin is a longterm(5-10 years) hold that requires patience.
    I promise you that I do get it. I long-term held and bought bitcoin myself for 5+ years and did well with it. Even encouraged others here to not give up on it a few years ago. I have no shortage of patience when it comes to investments

    Recent developments are just pretty bad for the long-term future. That's a fact. It doesn't mean it can't/won't bounce back, just means I don't trust it or its growth potential the way I did a couple years ago. Finding a time to sell on a stock or investment is not the same as lacking patience or discipline. Otherwise you'd stick with every single damn thing until you were broke. There's nothing smart about that either
    Last edited by blankoblanco; 11-23-22 at 09:46 AM.

  7. #7497
    povis
    Update your status
    povis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-31-16
    Posts: 187
    Betpoints: 230

    Bitcoin holding very strong most people expected below 15k when ponzi related tweets and articles trending every day.
    Points Awarded:

    Optional gave povis 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  8. #7498
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Once it gets regulated, itíll probably go into the 30s

  9. #7499
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,212
    Betpoints: 2383

    Time to start a position now.

    Slowly.

  10. #7500
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,854
    Betpoints: 11781

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Once it gets regulated, it’ll probably go into the 30s
    Regulation will give a huge boost to BTC. Some of the alts will be in trouble since they will look at them as securities.

  11. #7501
    Myranda Jones
    Myranda Jones's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-28-20
    Posts: 264
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    Regulation will give a huge boost to BTC. Some of the alts will be in trouble since they will look at them as securities.
    Do you think that the regulation of Bitcoin will mean that XMR Monero will be the next Bitcoin; meaning that it would be the real crypto of choice since it's so private?

  12. #7502
    TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 04-06-08
    Posts: 14,430
    Betpoints: 7028

    Whatís the expected timeline on BTC regulation?

  13. #7503
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,854
    Betpoints: 11781

    Coinbase delisting BCH, ETC, XRP and XLM for lack of usage.

  14. #7504
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,854
    Betpoints: 11781

    Quote Originally Posted by Myranda Jones View Post
    Do you think that the regulation of Bitcoin will mean that XMR Monero will be the next Bitcoin; meaning that it would be the real crypto of choice since it's so private?
    More and more privacy coins are getting delisted at exchanges. Regulation could make it even tougher on Monero.
    Points Awarded:

    Myranda Jones gave raiders72001 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Myranda Jones

  15. #7505
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 834
    Betpoints: 13128

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    More and more privacy coins are getting delisted at exchanges. Regulation could make it even tougher on Monero.
    I dunno, I think Monero will be around for a while. Binance, Kraken, Kucoin, Bitfinex, Gate still have it.

    DEXs (decentralized exchanges) could offer privacy coins. I think there will be always be TradeOgre-types and other no-KYC places to pick it up.

    There are those that think when people really get what Monero and other privacy coins can do, that they will have a surge in popularity.

    Suppose the economy crashes and the dollar goes bust .... During the reconstruction, the government decides everyone one needs to be on CBDCs (central bank digital currency). CBDCs where they can track every dollar you spend and control your income - penalize you if you are not a good little boy.... some will tell you that's the plan already. Privacy coins could get very valuable in that situation. Sorta like the proliferation of black markets in totalitarian regimes...

    Of course, the idea is to never "cash out" your privacy coins and to use them for daily barter. If you "cash out" on a centralized exchange, then they have you....
    Points Awarded:

    Myranda Jones gave Arky 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Myranda Jones

  16. #7506
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,854
    Betpoints: 11781

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    I dunno, I think Monero will be around for a while. Binance, Kraken, Kucoin, Bitfinex, Gate still have it.

    DEXs (decentralized exchanges) could offer privacy coins. I think there will be always be TradeOgre-types and other no-KYC places to pick it up.

    There are those that think when people really get what Monero and other privacy coins can do, that they will have a surge in popularity.

    Suppose the economy crashes and the dollar goes bust .... During the reconstruction, the government decides everyone one needs to be on CBDCs (central bank digital currency). CBDCs where they can track every dollar you spend and control your income - penalize you if you are not a good little boy.... some will tell you that's the plan already. Privacy coins could get very valuable in that situation. Sorta like the proliferation of black markets in totalitarian regimes...

    Of course, the idea is to never "cash out" your privacy coins and to use them for daily barter. If you "cash out" on a centralized exchange, then they have you....
    US and EU will ban Monero. You're probably right that Monero will stay around since it is the go to for washing money.

  17. #7507
    Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-09-11
    Posts: 834
    Betpoints: 13128

    Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    US and EU will ban Monero. You're probably right that Monero will stay around since it is the go to for washing money.
    We'll see. Some people like the privacy, too. Big Brother is coming....

  18. #7508
    Myranda Jones
    Myranda Jones's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 04-28-20
    Posts: 264
    Betpoints: 12

    Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    We'll see. Some people like the privacy, too. Big Brother is coming....
    I love the privacy. I honestly think XMR will be huge, but I've been wrong on alot of stuff lol

  19. #7509
    icon
    icon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 01-09-18
    Posts: 3,316
    Betpoints: 3361

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post
    What’s the expected timeline on BTC regulation?
    Less than 20 years.

  20. #7510
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,904
    Betpoints: 4204

    Points Awarded:

    Arky gave Yulia74 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.


  21. #7511
    Pinocchio
    Don't be dumb like me - DO NOT GO PRO
    Pinocchio's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 06-26-11
    Posts: 562
    Betpoints: 6288

    Monero is the best coin ever invented, and the only decentralized coin worth using in real life. Once crypto enters mainstream adoption, governments will use AI to monitor and track all transactions of all relevant coins, and they will find you if they want to. They will also ban all privacy coins, but...

    ...they will never be able to get rid of Monero. Ever.

  22. #7512
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,265
    Betpoints: 5837

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinocchio View Post
    Monero is the best coin ever invented, and the only decentralized coin worth using in real life. Once crypto enters mainstream adoption, governments will use AI to monitor and track all transactions of all relevant coins, and they will find you if they want to. They will also ban all privacy coins, but...

    ...they will never be able to get rid of Monero. Ever.
    If that happens, then holding Monero will make you as identifiable for investigation as having family Mafia DNA does now.

  23. #7513
    flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-06-06
    Posts: 40,895
    Betpoints: 809

    What happens first? 20k or 13k ?

  24. #7514
    Napishi Na
    Napishi Na's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-12-21
    Posts: 108
    Betpoints: 813

    Quote Originally Posted by flyingillini View Post
    What happens first? 20k or 13k ?
    13k a year from now

    Christmas '23

  25. #7515
    Napishi Na
    Napishi Na's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 09-12-21
    Posts: 108
    Betpoints: 813

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Jan 1st 2019 = $3,738.11

    Jan 2nd 2020 = $7,154.33


    Jan 1st 2021

    $29,600
    $29,600 seems like a million years ago.

    Nice thread Sam

  26. #7516
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,856
    Betpoints: 7635

    Quote Originally Posted by Napishi Na View Post
    $29,600 seems like a million years ago.

    Nice thread Sam
    it was way higher on 1/1/2022 than $29,600

    i am STILL BULLISH long term. Long Term.

  27. #7517
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    major federal regs coming which is going to really help coin future

  28. #7518
    homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 12-24-13
    Posts: 12,856
    Betpoints: 7635

    Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    major federal regs coming which is going to really help coin future
    Coach the irony is that the deregulation is the beauty of crypto but yes i agree regulation will help stabilize coins and mainstream their utility.

  29. #7519
    jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 07-20-05
    Posts: 394,888

    Best thing that will ever happen to coins is regulation

    Without it all would crumble

  30. #7520
    SlickFazzer
    SlickFazzer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 05-22-08
    Posts: 20,212
    Betpoints: 2383

    When regulation comes might start a position.

  31. #7521
    raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Join Date: 08-10-05
    Posts: 8,854
    Betpoints: 11781

    Hearings on the 13th and 14th. SBF says he'll be there.

  32. #7522
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,904
    Betpoints: 4204

    US Attorney SDNY: Earlier this evening, Bahamian authorities arrested Samuel Bankman-Fried at the request of the U.S. Government, based on a sealed indictment filed by the SDNY. We expect to move to unseal the indictment in the morning and will have more to say at that time.

  33. #7523
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,904
    Betpoints: 4204

    Bahamian AG: SBF's Arrest Followed Receipt of Formal Notification From the United States That It Has Filed Criminal Charges Against SBF and Is Likely to Request His Extradition

  34. #7524
    Yulia74
    Yulia74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Join Date: 08-28-18
    Posts: 1,904
    Betpoints: 4204

    BREAKING: SBF has been charged with wire fraud, wire fraud conspiracy, securities fraud, securities fraud conspiracy and money laundering, per NYT.

  35. #7525
    Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Join Date: 06-10-10
    Posts: 54,265
    Betpoints: 5837

    Good.

First ... 212213214215216217218 Last
Top