FUqer
    FUqer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 861

Dog Of The Day (MLB 2018)

It's that time again!

Post your best underdog play for the day. (See guidelines below)

1) One pick per day. (Beginning March 29th 2018)

2) Pick must be at least +100 odds.

3) Only ML, Totals, FF or RL (including alternate RL's) allowed.

4) NO prop bets bets allowed.

5) Post the date along with your pick for the day. (Example: 3/29 = Pirates +150)

Other Notes

You can keep your own record and post it along with your pick, but I will also be tracking everyone's play and I usually announce everyone who is in the positive on Saturday's. It's usually a good idea for both of us to track, because mistakes are going to be made. Most of the time last season it was players shorting themselves and I'm only human I do make a mistake once in awhile.

I try to make things as interesting as I can by posting the daily records and units won or loss, along with the cumulative thread total after each day is completed. But, sometimes I do go away on trips where there is no internet access and that's why I ask that you include the date along with your pick, so I can easily back track and it doesn't exactly work going by the date posted because players post picks the day before sometimes.

We had a classy group of guys last year and didn't have any problems, so I expect it to be a fun and mature thread again this year. I was not the first to run this thread, I believe 44 MAG was the guy who was running it when I first joined a few years ago and possibly others before him, so they deserve some credit. I saw nobody doing it last year a month into the season, so I decided to. But, ultimately this thread is only as good as the posters who take time to contribute with picks on a daily basis and know how to handle their pride.

Good Luck Everyone!

Top 5 Last Season

OlDirtyBaztid = +9.84
    fecgp40 = +9.81
    trobin31 = +5.25
    Frosty = +4.91
    2daBank = +4.75
    Last edited by FUqer; 03-29-18 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Removed dis-allowing of FF plays.
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave FUqer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

44 Mag gave FUqer 18 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

blackeyeshamus
    swampdog stomp!
    blackeyeshamus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

I'm down like four flat tires!
    Best of luck, gentlemen! 🍀

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Why not make it interesting?

100 point buy in or something

Do a first and second half to keep it interesting

FUqer

Quote Originally Posted by blackeyeshamus View Post
    i'm down like four flat tires!
    Best of luck, gentlemen! 
    gl & hf

FUqer

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Why not make it interesting?

100 point buy in or something

Do a first and second half to keep it interesting
    It's a long season and I want to maximize participation. I spend 10/15 min a day tracking and posting the daily winners to try to keep it interesting, but this is not a contest. If it were 100 pt buy in, then it would significantly lower participation. Users would need to have 100 points and be a Pro Member or be limited to giving 2 points a day for 50 days, and the majority of contributors aren't Pro Members. If I was going to do all that I would of just made it into a SBR Contest, but again, a lot of forum contributors don't participate in those contest.

This thread is more of a useful resource tool, rather than some contest. People use this thread to see who had done good all season and who has not, and who are on hot streaks and who are on cold streaks, it can all be pretty useful.

I thought about donating 100 points to the winner from my account. ( Waiting for Pro app to be accepted )
    But, I'm already donating enough of my time, so at this time I'm not ready to commit to it right now.

I thought about asking SBR to add a donation to the winner, but this is all kind of informal.

If you need much more to be interested, then maybe it's not for you.

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

Quote Originally Posted by FUqer View Post
    It's a long season and I want to maximize participation. I spend 10/15 min a day tracking and posting the daily winners to try to keep it interesting, but this is not a contest. If it were 100 pt buy in, then it would significantly lower participation. Users would need to have 100 points and be a Pro Member or be limited to giving 2 points a day for 50 days, and the majority of contributors aren't Pro Members. If I was going to do all that I would of just made it into a SBR Contest, but again, a lot of forum contributors don't participate in those contest.

This thread is more of a useful resource tool, rather than some contest. People use this thread to see who had done good all season and who has not, and who are on hot streaks and who are on cold streaks, it can all be pretty useful.

I thought about donating 100 points to the winner from my account. ( Waiting for Pro app to be accepted )
    But, I'm already donating enough of my time, so at this time I'm not ready to commit to it right now.

I thought about asking SBR to add a donation to the winner, but this is all kind of informal.

If you need much more to be interested, then maybe it's not for you.
    I thought maybe points would get more people involved

jgold254
    jgold254's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1840

3/29 - Detroit Tigers +105

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

Looking forward to this. Shooting for the + side this year. Thanks for doing this Fuq!

FUqer

Quote Originally Posted by losemyloot View Post
    Looking forward to this. Shooting for the + side this year. Thanks for doing this Fuq!
    Good to see you again. Not sure if I will have a play today or not. GL this year

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

How many these we got going? I saw Yaz first, are we gonna have them all running or combine?? If we running both I guess ok to pick different dog in each thread?

Appreciate both ya'll doing it, love this thread!!

2daBank

Can't believe I still finished plus! Lol. Think it was last year I was all way up to +20 something but fell off bad! (Of course I been around that most the years doing these I believe, I just didn't stop last year like I normally do after all star break! Lol)..

Again really appreciate you doing thsss threads, by far my favorite threads on net and seems we usually have pretty successful group of good guys!!!

In Yaz thread I took Jays ff +135 but if we having separate threads on days I like multiple dogs I'll probably do different 1 in each if that ok?

FUqer

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    How many these we got going? I saw Yaz first, are we gonna have them all running or combine?? If we running both I guess ok to pick different dog in each thread?

Appreciate both ya'll doing it, love this thread!!
    Not sure, I made this a couple days ago. It doesn't matter to me either way who runs what. If people want two, I guess we can run both, if they want one it doesn't matter to me if someone else does it, less work for me to do. But, once I de-commit, from it I don't want to start doing it again half way through the season because the other person stopped. Personally, I don't think two will be a good thing when it gets down to a handful of posters late in the season.

2daBank

3/29 0-0

Cardinals +124
    Last edited by 2daBank; 03-29-18 at 09:13 AM.

2daBank

Not sure, I made this a couple days ago. It doesn't matter to me either way who runs what. If people want two, I guess we can run both, if they want one it doesn't matter to me if someone else does it, less work for me to do. But, once I de-commit, from it I don't want to start doing it again half way through the season because the other person stopped. Personally, I don't think two will be a good thing when it gets down to a handful of posters late in the season.
    Yea I agree. Sorry I didn't see this one it must not have been on 1st page this morning, lol. I really appreciate the work ya do so let's just stick with this one!! I'll update my play to reflect same in both threads. That will be my only edit..

2daBank

Oh fukk. Nevermind I didn't realize no first 5s!! I'm screwing all up!! Rusty! Lol. Sorry about the edit. Won't happen again I promise!

FUqer

Can't believe I still finished plus! Lol. Think it was last year I was all way up to +20 something but fell off bad! (Of course I been around that most the years doing these I believe, I just didn't stop last year like I normally do after all star break! Lol)..

Again really appreciate you doing thsss threads, by far my favorite threads on net and seems we usually have pretty successful group of good guys!!!

In Yaz thread I took Jays ff +135 but if we having separate threads on days I like multiple dogs I'll probably do different 1 in each if that ok?
    Sound like the year I've had, got up to over +17 units in NCAAF and NHL and dropped back down to just a couple. I always get over confident and extra aggressive in those spots, hopefully I can get a chance in bases to correct that.

DOD has always been my favorite thread also and one of the big reasons that got me coming back to SBR. We had some of the coolest guys on SBR in here last year, I look forward to seeing them all again.

FUqer

Oh fukk. Nevermind I didn't realize no first 5s!! I'm screwing all up!! Rusty! Lol. Sorry about the edit. Won't happen again I promise!
    I can't remember if we used FF's last year or not, it's not that big of a deal to allow them, it's hard to have to look up player props and stuff, but I can handle FF's if people want them.

Miami2586
    Miami2586's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

3/29 record:0-0

Pick: Giants/Dodgers under 7 1/2 (+105)

2daBank

I can't remember if we used FF's last year or not, it's not that big of a deal to allow them, it's hard to have to look up player props and stuff, but I can handle FF's if people want them.
    Totally agree w no props, should use plays everyone has access to. I like ff's in certain spots (like I like Jays ff but no interest hanging around for yanks 3rd crack at happ, lol) and believe we used them previously) Not a big deal to me tho, quite sure I can always find a full game!! Lol. if it more work certainly understand not using., I've already adjusted and switched to cards today, don't wanna switch again

FUqer

Totally agree w no props, should use plays everyone has access to. I like ff's in certain spots (like I like Jays ff but no interest hanging around for yanks 3rd crack at happ, lol) and believe we used them previously) Not a big deal to me tho, quite sure I can always find a full game!! Lol. if it more work certainly understand not using., I've already adjusted and switched to cards today, don't wanna switch again
    I was uncertain about not allowing FF's anyway, but I have no problem allowing, them. Gonna update the OP now.

I also thinking about donating some points. I'm not sure if I want to give 100 to the highest units or give everyone a couple of points for every unit they finish in the positive.

2daBank

I was uncertain about not allowing FF's anyway, but I have no problem allowing, them. Gonna update the OP now.

I also thinking about donating some points. I'm not sure if I want to give 100 to the highest units or give everyone a couple of points for every unit they finish in the positive.
    We should all kick and figure something out in that regard. I'd certainly be willing, nice idea. Even if we all just kick 2 points a day as that all non pros can do-just ship them to you and you can allocate however we decide (guys who don't participate but follow thread should do so as well!!).

Well shoot now im tempted to switch back to jays ff! lol. I'll just stick w cards today! I got them +130 but was down by time I posted, cetainly feel there value at anything better than +120.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Athletics +110

FUqer

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Athletics +110
    I like the Angels a little less now, haha.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Athletics +110
    Played this one as well! I'm on a lot of doggies today!! Lol

losemyloot
    Update your status
    losemyloot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

3-29
    Cardinals +119

Wesley
    Wesley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6293

3/29 0-0

Chicago White Sox @2.26

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    3/29 0-0

Chicago White Sox @2.26
    I was interested but lost a ton a value in line so ended up passing.

Wesley

I was interested but lost a ton a value in line so ended up passing.
    yeah I know, odd dropped like shit, but I haven't seen this thread before...still a little value imo

2daBank

yeah I know, odd dropped like shit, but I haven't seen this thread before...still a little value imo
    Hope it cashes for ya. I did grab them around +150 in one the contest but by time I convinced myself to make them a bet was all way down in the 120s! Just little low for me to trust shields! I think I'll prob be on chisox quite a bit this season tho.. gl buddy

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Padres +105

Wesley

Hope it cashes for ya. I did grab them around +150 in one the contest but by time I convinced myself to make them a bet was all way down in the 120s! Just little low for me to trust shields! I think I'll prob be on chisox quite a bit this season tho.. gl buddy
    yeah Shields could be the problem...we will see...thanks pal!

how did you do during the NCAAB Tournament?

SAX27
    SAX27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5738

Here we go....

Rangers +140

2daBank

yeah Shields could be the problem...we will see...thanks pal!

how did you do during the NCAAB Tournament?
    Not good! Lol, from conf tourney thru dance just couldn't keep any consistency, crush it for a day or 2 then fall flat on my face. Really went for it trying to cash out and have bigger roll for bases but ended up having to fukkin reload. Lmao.

franklissa
    franklissa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Marlins plus 210

Wesley

Not good! Lol, from conf tourney thru dance just couldn't keep any consistency, crush it for a day or 2 then fall flat on my face. Really went for it trying to cash out and have bigger roll for bases but ended up having to fukkin reload. Lmao.
    Sorry to hear that! Good luck for your MLB season pal!!

1234 ... Last