Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

Millenium LOCK.. RED SOX !!!

The only way they don't win today is if they literally do not show up or give a eff about this game. That COULD happen because they know they are better than Seattle. But I am going to bet that it does not happen, because they are in hard division where they need every win to keep pace with the Orioles and Yanks. I think they will take this game seriously, and if they do, Seattle is in for hurt locker! Consider:

- Seattle starter Bergman gave up 10 runs in his last start
    - Seattle is averaging 2.4 runs per game vs righties in their last 10 games, compared to 6.07 for Boston
    - Boston is 17-9 at home, Seattle is 8-20 away
    - Seattle is 1-7 in their last 8 games

I have seen enough, but I ran this through my model and it said, "pull the GD trigger, NOW!"

Boston -1
    $224 to win $157

PROJECTION
    RED SOX 7
    Seattle 3

Jolly_Rancher
    Jolly_Rancher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Good luck to us both. I took Sox -2 @+115 earlier this morning. Kinda kicking myself because now it's at +135

Scrivero
    Scrivero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

Well, I dont really see how I could not tail a Millenium Lock. Im going -1,5 at +105 too, as this sounds like loads of runs coming up. Thanks man!

Machine Choice

@Jolly: I feel good about this one. My plays of -1 (what I call the "half-runline") are 14-6 (70%) as documented in my season long thread. If you went up to a roulette table with a 70% chance of winning, you'd order a beer and get comfortable. Good luck.

Aye J Mac
    Aye J Mac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11884

Goodluck. Bro

Comebackkid12
    Comebackkid12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 27

You're not concerned with the fact that Bergman's numbers are negatively inflated because of 1 bad start against the Nats? Porcello is also showing signs of regression from last year (which we all knew was coming)

Machine Choice

Red Sox hit into double plays in back-to-back innings. Not a good sign. That means they are swinging freely to contact with no thought of plate discipline and scoring. And not even hitting the ball in the air. This is a sign of a team that is not taking its opponent seriously, thinking they can turn it on whenever they feel like it. I was worried about this sort of outcome. They had better start taking this game seriously against this horrible pitcher, or else suffer the shock of a season.

Machine Choice

Wow, Seattle has 8 hits and only 1 run. If Boston can't find a way to win this game, this is the most cursed bet in the history of SBR.

Machine Choice

Boston grounds into third double-play. They don't give a phuck about this game. It's only a matter of time now... glad I only went $224 on this game. I wanted to go more, but held myself in check.

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

8 hits one run and redsox 4 DPS lmao wow i cant believe im on this also they better pull this out

Machine Choice

It looks like Boston just wants to move this game along and get it over with. I could understand that aproach if they were up by 6 games in the Division. But to be taking this approach against an inferior opponent when you're in 2nd place in the AL East, I am f$%king shocked.

Machine Choice

Thank you God that Seattle is so offensively inept. They should be up by 4 runs. The Red Sox are trying to hand them this game, but Seattle won't take it.

Machine Choice

I cannot believe that the Red Sox have laid down to Christian Bergman. He had given up 24 hits in 20 innings, and 1 home run every five innings. Gave up 10 earned runs in his last start. And had only 12 strike outs the entire year. Red Sox came into this game on a 6-game win streak and absolutely destroying the baseball in their last 10 games. To lay down like this at Fenway is front of your home fans in fu#@ing pathetic, weak and nauseating to behold.

Midoohadi
    Midoohadi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

sadly not even close to a rusty lock ! Better luck next time mate..

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Midoohadi View Post
    sadly not even close to a rusty lock ! Better luck next time mate..
    Red Sox didn't show up. At all. I mentioned in my original write-up that this could happen, that they would overlook the shitty Mariners and phone it in today. I gambled that it wouldn't happen. It happened.

Midoohadi

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    Red Sox didn't show up. At all. I mentioned in my original write-up that this could happen, that they would overlook the shitty Mariners and phone it in today. I gambled that it wouldn't happen. It happened.
    Worst kind of loss that...makes you extra mad..you'll get them next time..

Machine Choice

Hanley Ramirez swung at the first pitch in both his last two at bats, and lined out both times. That tells you all you need to know wbout how seriously the Red Sox took this game.

Machine Choice

Today marks only the second time in 19 games started that Christian Bergman went 7 innings. And he did it on the road, at Fenway, in a day game, against one of the hottest teams in baseball. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this shit, there are no answers.

Machine Choice

F*@k this, I'm gonna get this money back tonight, and then some. I'm going large in Sunday night baseball. I'm not going to give this money up today. I don't feel like giving money away today.

Midoohadi

Dont chase man..

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Midoohadi View Post
    Dont chase man..
    It won't be a chase, it will be a strong play.

Midoohadi

Quote Originally Posted by Machine Choice View Post
    It won't be a chase, it will be a strong play.
    Best of luck mate..

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

This was one of the most impressive mushes I've seen in awhile. Congrats. Just kidding. What are you liking for tonight, lean pirates here, Harvey is a hot mess

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    This was one of the most impressive mushes I've seen in awhile. Congrats. Just kidding. What are you liking for tonight, lean pirates here, Harvey is a hot mess
    Glasnow is no better though is he?

Machine Choice

I'm thinking of going big on Bucs, but Glasnow is only 23 yrs old. Haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jolly_Rancher
    Jolly_Rancher's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

If there was nothing that you liked about the 8:00 game earlier, then there shouldn't be anything you like about it now.

Just make your money back tomorrow buddy

Machine Choice

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Rancher View Post
    If there was nothing that you liked about the 8:00 game earlier, then there shouldn't be anything you like about it now.

Just make your money back tomorrow buddy
    Agreed. Thanks for the face slap to wake me up. A bad day is a bad day, no reason to make it a horrible day.

JerseyGodFather
    JerseyGodFather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1588

I would lean Pitt, I'm not touching it though

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10359

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    Glasnow is no better though is he?
    Looks to me like two guys going in opposite directions. Glasgnow young with good stuff but walked guys like crazy earlier in the season, that has since improved. Harvery even further behind the 8 ball as he lost alat 3-4mph off his fastball due to injuries and now learning to pitch all over again. One thing gives me pause is pirates always have struggled greatly with the slider and Harvey still got a good one. The slider has lost velocity as well though so not as effective if it doesn't look like a fastball coming out of his hand. Biggest alarm bell for me is Harvey walking guys guys at career high clip the past few games and pirates have some patience at the plate. Harvey 1 appearance at pnc aND got shelled, 3 starts agst pirates with era of 5. Im not really big on home field advantage in baseball but i think Pirates one team that does have home field advantage esp in prime time games. Met bullpen one of worst in baseball. Umpire trends to over, just looked at the weather, 54% precipitation, means stay away to me. If weather weren't an issue I'd like both teams tt over here. Looks like expected to rain around 10-11pm so umpires might stretch the strike zone. Stay away for me.

Machine Choice

Pirates are hungry for wins, unlike the Red Sox today. I'm battling my trigger finger. I want to take the Pirates so bad.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6219

Mazhine what is a decent bet for the late baseball game